Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow great price with the coupon couldnt resist

Comment

Some of you forgot to put in the coupon so i went and issued a partial refund. I may not always catch this so be sure to enter the coupon code r3v60
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
        Some of you forgot to put in the coupon so i went and issued a partial refund. I may not always catch this so be sure to enter the coupon code r3v60
        I wish everyone was as good of a seller as you are...that's very nice of you man.

I will be ordering one of these soon ;)

Comment

Order placed!
          Thanks for bringing more great parts to the e30 market.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
            Some one should post a thorough DIY for this. I'm gonna order one but I'm not very electronics/wiring savvy haha.
            This. I'll dive in and give it a go myself, but a nice little writeup would help keeping me from mucking it up.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
              I wish everyone was as good of a seller as you are...that's very nice of you man.

I will be ordering one of these soon ;)
              Its all about the community. Not profit margins. Its funny cause almost every penny I make will be spent buying parts from members.

Originally posted by Cliche Guevara View Post
              This. I'll dive in and give it a go myself, but a nice little writeup would help keeping me from mucking it up.
              I'll be making a video next week with dvck or s14e30
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

I don't recall well, but I seem to remember reading something about possibly damaging something involving the double locking feature when I was reading up on a different keyless entry kit. That's pretty vague, but do you know anything about that being a problem, or is it a non-issue? Do you have any plans of offering a different keyfob? Lastly, when the sale ends, could you give us a heads up? I'm thinking about buying, but I'm down on funds at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                  I don't recall well, but I seem to remember reading something about possibly damaging something involving the double locking feature when I was reading up on a different keyless entry kit. That's pretty vague, but do you know anything about that being a problem, or is it a non-issue? Do you have any plans of offering a different keyfob? Lastly, when the sale ends, could you give us a heads up? I'm thinking about buying, but I'm down on funds at the moment.
                  double lock is mechanically driven by the driver side lock cylinder i believe. the central locking mechanism which your keyless entry unit would be hooked up to does not have the ability to control double locks to begin with so I do not think it'll be an issue

Comment

I'll look in to the e46 style full alarm system in the future. Most suppliers require a huge minimum purchase. I was lucky enough to find someone to fill my petty 100 unit order. I've been running this keyless entry system on my diesel for almost a year. There are a couple locals running this system as well.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Where can I get the keys cut locally? Is it as easy as walking into the BMW dealer? Other options? I'm in Seattle if that's important.
                      1985 M635csi Black on Buffalo
                      1985 535is Zinno on Black
                      1985 M635csi White on Pacific Blue
                      1988 M3 Lachssilber on Black (sold)
                      1987 M3 Zinno on Black (totaled)

Comment

is there a write up on how to install the control unit and harnesses?

Comment

Originally posted by jarldian View Post
                          This. i just got mine in. Wondering if it goes into the kick panel or the rear trunk (I hope it's the rear trunk)
                          1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                          2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                          2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Originally posted by carlb View Post
                            Where can I get the keys cut locally? Is it as easy as walking into the BMW dealer? Other options? I'm in Seattle if that's important.
                            Perhaps someone in the regional section can chime in on this. I have mine cut by my local locksmith.

Originally posted by jarldian View Post
                            Working on it. I'll make mckman install one on his ix while i take pictures and drink a brew. lol

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
                            This. i just got mine in. Wondering if it goes into the kick panel or the rear trunk (I hope it's the rear trunk)
                            You can install it in either place. The wire colors listed for the lock/unlock wires and flashing lights are intended for taping in to the two wires behind the speaker and the wires on the light switch. If you install it in the trunk you can just follow the sticky on the electronics forum.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

When I have some money I will be getting one of these.
                              88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                              We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Your wiring diagram still doesn't clarify which wires to use. I just tried running the white wires to the actuator, then the orange ones after the white ones did not work and I am getting nothing. Just clicks from the unit (im assuming the clicks are for the flashers, which I have not yet hooked up). I plan on running this in my trunk as my battery is in there. Write up definitely seems to be needed on this particular unit.
                                1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                                2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                                2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Working...
                                X