e30 Keyless Entry (Sold Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliche Guevara View Post
    My buddy saw my set and loves it. He has a 98 4Runner, are those blanks compatible?
    I'll mail you a blank to try.

Originally posted by wh00sh View Post
    How secure is the frequency/coding on this kit? If I attend a euro meet with a dozen other E30s with this setup and hit the unlock button on my fob, will more than one car unlock?
    There are a billion possible codes. The possibility of someone having the same frequency is pretty slim. You'd have better odds sticking your house key in a random door and opening it.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

great set up will it work with e34 chassis?
      sigpic
      New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
      %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Chris castro has a set for his touring. Waiting for it to come out of the shop to verify. But i did order only one set with the e34/e36 blanks.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I don't understand this step: "Next look at your steering column, your going to see a block of connectors, press the 2 tabs in and remove the block (will make things easier to access). There will be a thick red wire, this wire is always hot, regardless of ignition...thats what we want. Now to make things easier i just used a quick splice to tap into it, generally i dont like quick splices but you dont have much room to work with and were dealing with a momentary and pretty low amperage connection, so in this situation it worked just fine."

What do i do with the red wire, what is a quick splice?

Comment

Nevermind for the red wire I found out how.. But What is the headlight switch?? Where can I find those wires to make them flash when I lock my doors. Is it the hazards or the headlights that flash?

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
              I'll mail you a blank to try.
              Awesome, much thanks. You still have my address from when I bought my set, then?

Comment

headlight switch is the one you pull out toturn on your lights go under the dash look up and you'll see the writes going to the back of it, carefully remove the plug and tap into the wires as listed this will flash your driving lights

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
                -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

does this sound the alarm if door open while car is in lock like with stock BMW alarm remote ??

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                    headlight switch is the one you pull out toturn on your lights go under the dash look up and you'll see the writes going to the back of it, carefully remove the plug and tap into the wires as listed this will flash your driving lights

pm'd you

Comment

Comment

I know there is a wiring guide on page 6, and I appreciate that effort, but if anyone can post pics or a short video it would make this much easier for those of us who are electronically inept.

Thanks again putting all of this together.
                        1988 325ix

Comment

Sorry I forgot to take pics...just take a look at the wiring and read the guide while doing so...it's really simple.

-Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

I think I can follow your guide all right, I'm just concerned I'll grab the wrong bundle of wires. There are so many under there.

If anyone can post a few pics it would be of great help. Thanks.
                            1988 325ix

Comment

EDITED: Picture orientation fixed.

Hey Everyone,

I was following FLG's install guide, and for the record he's 100% correct on all parts, but I just could not find the Y/B and the G/B wires for the lock and unlock portion of the central locking system.

Earlier in the day I had spliced into the wrong wires. I spliced into a B/Y and a B/G which were much easier to access and surprise surprise, they did not unlock the doors when I pushed the button. The light part is a piece of cake (but watch the tabs), and the power supply is pretty straight forward as well, although have any of you had trouble reattaching the white plastic clip to the steering column? I sure as hell did. It just wouldn't go back where it came from. Any tips there?

Anyways, on to my findings. I have an '88 ix, so I'm not sure if the location of my wires is supposed to be different, but it was.

Here are the wires I wrongly spliced earlier in the day: instead of Y/B its B/Y, and instead of G/B, its B/G...

I found the correct wires down by my left speaker. They were not one of the 4 groups of wires mentioned by FLG. I don't think its your fault here, the ix may just be different, but mine were part of a 5th bundle running underneath, very close to the speaker, and impossible to pull out:

A closer look. See the bundle running perpendicular there near where the speaker was (I had to remove it to get a closer look)? The Y/B and the G/B are in there.

They're in the bundle running perpendicular to the wire groups suggested by FLG.

Spliced in... barely any room down there to use even one hand. This was hell.

It works though, and it feels good to get it done.

Also, for anyone else having trouble, I can't mount the receiver on my ABS computer. There is this thing in the kick panel that kept hitting it, keeping me from closing things up. Unfortunately, I discovered this after applying the double sided tape...

I was able to remove the receiver and place it elsewhere, but I couldn't get the double sided tape off. Anyone know what that piece does? Is that not present on most e30s (ix only maybe?)?

I hope this helps someone. I'm working on straightening out the pics now...
                              Last edited by Isostar13; 01-29-2012, 07:56 PM.
                              1988 325ix

Comment

That is your chime that alerts you to the door being open, key in ignition, Exterior temp near freezing, etc.. If you havent heard a chime since you have had the car it isnt working and isnt necessary.
                                450whp 524 lb-ft 1988 336ic In progress

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250709

Comment

Working...
                                X