e30 Keyless Entry (Sold Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
    Stop sending payments guys. I will not authorize them because i don't have any more in stock. I'd take down the link but its a pain to put it back up.
    Sold out!!! Should have more by next week

Keeps my monies then send when you get moar :hitler:

instagram: @tonerrrr
    High resolution E30 Fuse Box 300dpi PNG

Comment

I just sent payment without reading, my bad. I also missed putting the coupon code in.

I fail at life.

Comment

Originally posted by LivingLegend06 View Post
        I just sent payment without reading, my bad. I also missed putting the coupon code in.

I fail at life.
        I was looking through some stuff and i found a set that i set to the side. The springs for the key blades was not as strong as the other sets. They work fine but it kind of bugged me. I was not planning holding on to it as a spare in case one came back with a faulty circuit board or something. Anywho there yours if you want them.

And to everyone else who sent a payment Mc Hammered has first dibs on the few remaining units i have. If i don't receive a payment by tomorrow morning i'll process your payments and send them out to you guys.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Waiting til you get more in stock to place an order!

Can't wait! Something so simple, but just makes the car more enjoyable and convenient.

I like the flip keys, kind of slick.

Comment

I was looking through some stuff and i found a set that i set to the side. The springs for the key blades was not as strong as the other sets. They work fine but it kind of bugged me. I was not planning holding on to it as a spare in case one came back with a faulty circuit board or something. Anywho there yours if you want them.

And to everyone else who sent a payment Mc Hammered has first dibs on the few remaining units i have. If i don't receive a payment by tomorrow morning i'll process your payments and send them out to you guys.
            Lets wait till you get more in stock. If its enough to bother you then its going to bother me too.

Comment

I suck at this kind of stuff.. I was thinking of installing it my trunk. But should I install in the cabin?

Does anyone have detailed photo instructions? Im super lame at this, and im sure its going to take me 3 hours, so I want to be prepared.

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Your golden. Its your drivers door key assembly that's messed up and not your central locking. There is a metal arm on the back of the lock cylinder for the drivers door that always cracks and breaks. If you ever want to fix it that's most likely what you'll need to replace. Although you don't have to.

All but my front passenger door unlock with central locking. I replaced the electric mechanism last year and it worked for awhile, but now has failed again. I have to reach over and manually pull up on the lock. Is the fix above the same thing I need to do?

**Thanks for the ultra-quick shipping--arrived today. Professionally packaged as well.

Comment

Whenever you replace a 20 year old part with another 20 year old part that it will fail very quickly. If the mechanicals are binding for some reason it could prematurely wear the actuators. Another common problem is the weather stripping on the door is dry rotted and water gets in to the actuator and corrodes it. New weather stripping is about $12.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                  My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Ready to send payment when you get these back in stock...keep us updated!

Comment

Originally posted by thebutcher37 View Post
                      I suck at this kind of stuff.. I was thinking of installing it my trunk. But should I install in the cabin?

Does anyone have detailed photo instructions? Im super lame at this, and im sure its going to take me 3 hours, so I want to be prepared.
                      The install guide on page 6 is pretty easy to follow (written by FLG). This is for the front driver's side kick panel install. Check out my pics on page 9, I believe, for a detailed look inside. Once you find the right wires it really is a breeze. The hardest and most intimidating part for me was simply getting under there and finding the right wires. I also didn't take off the kick panel until I realized I had to... yeah kind of a newb myself, but I figured it out.

Just know that in the area under the steering wheel you're only splicing the red wire for power (pretty obvious - its hooked into the steering column), and the light wires which are up under the light switch. You don't need to touch any of the other hundreds of wires sitting there right in your face.

The other two wires for the locking system are tucked way down to the left of your clutch pedal, behind the plastic kick panel (the piece that hides your speaker). Once you get your head and arms down there you shouldn't have a problem finding them. Mine were wrapped up in black texture tape, but once I cut away some of that I could spot them easily.

Also, remember to disconnect your battery before you start. Safety first, and read through the thread, there are tips and pics from other users as well.

Good luck.
                      1988 325ix

Comment

Personally, I would do it in the cabin. That's what how I wired my previous alarm and that's how I'm going to wire this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Isostar13 View Post
                          The install guide on page 6 is pretty easy to follow (written by FLG). This is for the front driver's side kick panel install. Check out my pics on page 9, I believe, for a detailed look inside. Once you find the right wires it really is a breeze. The hardest and most intimidating part for me was simply getting under there and finding the right wires. I also didn't take off the kick panel until I realized I had to... yeah kind of a newb myself, but I figured it out.

Just know that in the area under the steering wheel you're only splicing the red wire for power (pretty obvious - its hooked into the steering column), and the light wires which are up under the light switch. You don't need to touch any of the other hundreds of wires sitting there right in your face.

The other two wires for the locking system are tucked way down to the left of your clutch pedal, behind the plastic kick panel (the piece that hides your speaker). Once you get your head and arms down there you shouldn't have a problem finding them. Mine were wrapped up in black texture tape, but once I cut away some of that I could spot them easily.

Also, remember to disconnect your battery before you start. Safety first, and read through the thread, there are tips and pics from other users as well.

Good luck.
                          Originally posted by blackhawkimpact View Post
                          Personally, I would do it in the cabin. That's what how I wired my previous alarm and that's how I'm going to wire this one.
                          Thanks guys... I already read it, I will read it again.. I think it confused me more because I read them planning on going into the trunk. So how many wires from the black box go to how many wires in the car/under the dash. If I want to have my lights flash on lock and unlock?

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Thanks guys... I already read it, I will read it again.. I think it confused me more because I read them planning on going into the trunk. So how many wires from the black box go to how many wires in the car/under the dash. If I want to have my lights flash on lock and unlock?
                            Four wires are the main one. Power, ground, lock, and unlock. If you want your lights to flash you tap the other two wires in the headlight switch. white and white/black (don't know exact color) I think are for the turn signals.

Comment

back in stock?

Comment

Back in stock? Ready to order!

Comment

Working...
                                X