OEM Keys
    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
    91 ic Calypso 3.1
    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

How much are the new headers going to sell for?
      Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

From earlier in the thread

Originally posted by RobertC View Post
        These headers have no connector pipes for them and use a 'Euro' Style flange and will in no way bolt to your stock exhaust.

I am currently working with a leading exhaust manufacture to have connection pipes produced. What this will do is allow to simply cut your stock head pipes off, slip the connectors over your stock pipes and then bolt them up to the headers. You will still need to have the connectors welded or flanged to your stock pipes.

The collectors are 2.5" and your stock pipes are 1.75, so a pretty large difference. The connection pipes will be 2" so you can have a shop expand your stock pipe .25" and weld directly or use 2" flanges to your pipes. Having the connection pipes will make this a lot cleaner installation.

The final kit will come with the header set, connection pipes, new OEM gaskets, collecter flange bolts and 12 new copper nuts, so it will be a complete setup with no hassles.

There is also one small issue with the #5 pipe and the way it is bent upward, it will interfere with the stock stud so the pipe will have to be slightly dimpled to they can be bolted on properly. So this also needs to be completed on all 15 sets before any of these can be sold.

Final complete price will be $900. I expect these to be available early September which is only a few weeks away. When they are ready to ship and are in complete sets, I will start a new group buy.

CeramicX (Jet Hot) coating will be available upon request at an additional $225 and will take roughly 2 weeks process time. The headers are sandblasted, cleaned, coated and then hand polished to a Ceramic Chrome finish. This will be done by one of the top quality companies in the area.

I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

2014 pic
          Originally posted by fporro View Post

HOWTOs:
          DB vert plastic bumpers
          OEM Keys
          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
          91 ic Calypso 3.1
          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Eager for update on headers

Comment

^ this

HOWTOs:
              DB vert plastic bumpers
              OEM Keys
              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
              91 ic Calypso 3.1
              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

RD's shop in SoCal is closed as of last weeks visit to their facilities.

I'll try to contact Federico through personal phone, will post update as news come in, if any.

Aloha

Comment

that's ominous. Please post regardless of outcome. If this is dead then I'd rather hear that than keep waiting for a response that never comes..

ohh... and if anyone wants to sell their headers please drop me a pm..

thanks Frank.

HOWTOs:
                  DB vert plastic bumpers
                  OEM Keys
                  MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                  91 ic Calypso 3.1
                  86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

I haven't been on the forums in quite a few years after accident at Road Atlanta. But I want to put headers on my engine sitting in the garage. What is so significant about these VS the eBay headers? Equal length VS long tube? I know the quality is better, but are the power or torque numbers different?
                    Thanks guys.
                    Randall Racing and Engineering
                    Acworth, Georgia, 30101
                    http://www.facebook.com/RandallRacingandEngineering

Comment

Im interested on headers also........any news there?

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
                        RD's shop in SoCal is closed as of last weeks visit to their facilities.

I'll try to contact Federico through personal phone, will post update as news come in, if any.

Aloha
                        Frank please update. Did you get in touch with Federico?

thank you bud

HOWTOs:
                        DB vert plastic bumpers
                        OEM Keys
                        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                        91 ic Calypso 3.1
                        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by cobraken View Post
                          I haven't been on the forums in quite a few years after accident at Road Atlanta. But I want to put headers on my engine sitting in the garage. What is so significant about these VS the eBay headers? Equal length VS long tube? I know the quality is better, but are the power or torque numbers different?
                          Thanks guys.
                          I'm in the exact boat and wondering the same things. Haven't been on here or my e30 in years and lookin to get back in the game. Now I make a shit ton more money then when I first bought a e30, I'm looking for a ways to upgrade a late model in looking at buying or on my early model beater I already have. Thanks
                          sigpic
                          Strategic Alpine Command

Comment

I am interested in these as well if this isn't a dead project. Also. Does anyone have any "good" audio/video clips of these headers? The only ones you ever find are from people who filmed using a potato and various narcotics.

Comment

Originally posted by Torquenstein View Post
                              The only ones you ever find are from people who filmed using a potato and various narcotics.

This! Made my shift so much better. Rofl
                              Cheers!

~Frank

sigpic

Comment

Been chasing Federico and just got a hold of him for a second as he was in a meeting,
                                he's to call me back in a few days, worry not, I won't give up.

Meanwhile, been working on my 3.1 IE stroker kit, should be going in this weekend or so i hope.,
                                header's finish has hold up well, probably 9k miles since installed.

Waiting on a dowell and turned head rubber plugs around.

Aloha

Comment

Working...
                                X