• Show
Clear All

• e30slidewayz
    replied
    Dibs if has already been made and isn't spoken for

Leave a comment:

• fporro
    replied
    So far one spot opened up, but I'm not confortable taking further deposits until this things come to fruition.

Leave a comment:

• e30slidewayz
    replied
    if anyone drops out I would love to swoop in and get a set of these, if they ever actually come to fruition

Leave a comment:

• fporro
    replied
    Mortadella with olives in it :)

I'm yet to hear from Federico.

Leave a comment:

• Bullet Ride
    replied
    Originally posted by idanity View Post

theres an actual town or city named after my favorite sammich ?

i must visit bologna, maybe even move there.
    lol, well in Italy it's called mortadella. I guess Americans call it boloney, baloney, or bologna because that's where it originates from.

Leave a comment:

• idanity
    replied

theres an actual town or city named after my favorite sammich ?

i must visit bologna, maybe even move there.
    Last edited by idanity; 05-29-2012, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bullet Ride
    replied
    Unfortunately there was another earthquake in Italy yesterday in the same region as the one that happened 10 days ago (near Bologna). Frank, do you know if the shop that is building the headers is in or near the region where the earthquakes have happened?

Leave a comment:

• Bullet Ride
    replied
    Any updates? It's been about 3 weeks since we've had any.

Leave a comment:

• fporro
    replied
    Just want to reitearte that refunds are available inmediatley for whomever wants them.

Leave a comment:

• TrentW
    replied
    Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
    exactly. Even with this in mind, it's a risk. If you didn't think that going in, I have a bridge and a big chicken to sell you. Those of you who are upset need to calm down. If you think waiting this long for a set of nla headers is tough, try waiting for custom made parts. Lauren know what I'm talking about.... these things take time. We aren't dealing with a factory that is pumping thousands of these things out a day. If you don't like it back the f^&k out.
    Here, here sir! Cheerio and all that.

Leave a comment:

• delatlanta1281
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
    I have been tuning and building Ducati motorcycles for the last decade and a half. Part of that game is dealing with Italian suppliers and i would like to calm and encourage those of you that are getting stressed out with the delay. Time in Italy is nothing like it is over here and when you order a part that is not physically on the shelf ready to ship, there is no accurate time estimate. It is not personal, it's just the way it is.

In my experience the best way to deal with it is to forget you ordered the part in the first place and then you will be pleasantly surprised when it shows up. OP is staying in touch with Federico so you the buyer can rest easy and wait for the awesomeness to arrive.

I know this is not typical internet instant gratification but you are asking for and getting hand made, new, Italian RD headers that aren't available. Hell, they had to make new jigs to build these headers for you guys!
    exactly. Even with this in mind, it's a risk. If you didn't think that going in, I have a bridge and a big chicken to sell you. Those of you who are upset need to calm down. If you think waiting this long for a set of nla headers is tough, try waiting for custom made parts. Lauren know what I'm talking about.... these things take time. We aren't dealing with a factory that is pumping thousands of these things out a day. If you don't like it back the f^&k out.

Leave a comment:

• fporro
    replied
    I'm sure glad some of you guys know old continent schedules and holiday fares.

Currently dealing with japanese buyers and their marine products suppliers, I'm their intermidiary as they dont get Latin America's working hour's/habits.
    Pair-up robotic behaviourist with siesta heads, oh my :)

yesterday fired up another "any updates" email to Federico, no answer as of this afternoon yet.

thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• SoCal323i
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
    i would like to calm and encourage those of you that are getting stressed out with the delay. Time in Italy is nothing like it is over here and when you order a part that is not physically on the shelf ready to ship, there is no accurate time estimate. It is not personal, it's just the way it is.

In my experience the best way to deal with it is to forget you ordered the part in the first place and then you will be pleasantly surprised when it shows up.
    Well said. I'm American, I was born in Germany (Dad was government) and raised mostly in France and some Spain and England too. I'm not close to worrying yet.

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    I have been tuning and building Ducati motorcycles for the last decade and a half. Part of that game is dealing with Italian suppliers and i would like to calm and encourage those of you that are getting stressed out with the delay. Time in Italy is nothing like it is over here and when you order a part that is not physically on the shelf ready to ship, there is no accurate time estimate. It is not personal, it's just the way it is.

In my experience the best way to deal with it is to forget you ordered the part in the first place and then you will be pleasantly surprised when it shows up. OP is staying in touch with Federico so you the buyer can rest easy and wait for the awesomeness to arrive.

I know this is not typical internet instant gratification but you are asking for and getting hand made, new, Italian RD headers that aren't available. Hell, they had to make new jigs to build these headers for you guys!

Leave a comment:

• Bullet Ride
    replied
    I would imagine at this point whoever is making the headers should be able to give a firm date. I know that Frank said the headers should be in SoCal by months end. Last week Federico said that they should be ready shortly. I'm just hoping that this week we get to hear that they should be shipped by the end of the week...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X