Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Duty Skid Plate Group Buy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Severe Duty Skid Plate Group Buy

    Severe Duty Skid Plates

    Track Tested and Race Proven


    Superior Materials and design make them the strongest skid plates available!
    Fits RWD e30 Chassis with
    M10/M20/M30/M42/M50/S14 engine. IX Skid Plate is also available!

    Skid Plate , on Flickr[/IMG]


    There are other skid plates on the market some are of decent quality, but they all share a single design weakness. In that they all attach to the core support. While the core support is double walled material it has been proven that it is not strong enough. The second problem is that there is no direct support at the bend of the plate, under a hard impact this can flex the plate upwards and still contact the oil pan. In some cases breaking the pan.

    This is where our skid plate design differs. We have developed a very sturdy cross bar that the skid plate attaches to. You are no longer depending on the core support or an unsupported plate to absorb impact loads.

    This skid plate installation will require welding. The main hoop butt plates will need to be welded to the frame rails. This can be done by any experienced welder, muffler shop, trailer shop, anywhere a welder can be found. This does not mean the skid plate is permanently attached, it is only the attaching stub plates that are welded.

    Our Skid Plates are installed and proven effective on a 24hr endurance E30, Several Targa Newfoundland Rally cars , Drift E30s, and many track cars.

    Kit specifications:

    Plate: 10 gauge, precision laser cut, 2 v-bar reinforcements down the entire length for complete support and rigidity.

    Hoop Bar: 1-3/4 x .120 wall DOM tube.

    Hardware and Instructions are included.

    All components are Powder Coated for durability.


    Group buy is OPEN 9-1-21 See last page.

    Please visit HIK Fab

    JH
    Last edited by JGee; 09-01-2021, 09:47 AM.
    HIK Fab

    #2
    I love this skid plate.. virtually indestructible, I swear. I think without this, I would've had to replace my oil pan like a 100 times already.. but I barely care where I drive now, or when I scrape lol... this thing will hold.


    Video I made of my car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGg8GixF8Ds

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Genkboy8o8 View Post
      I love this skid plate.. virtually indestructible, I swear. I think without this, I would've had to replace my oil pan like a 100 times already.. but I barely care where I drive now, or when I scrape lol... this thing will hold.
      +1 the ribs on mine are about halfway worn down.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

      Comment


        #4
        I like the addition bracing but I'm not crazy about welding to my car,I'm capable of doing it no problem just not liking the idea.
        Is it possible to use a structural rivet,rivnut or something similiar instead?.

        Comment


          #5
          BEST SKID PLATE EVER!!!! taken some major hits with this thing and it still perfect, dad drove my car the other day and hit some(even though he wouldnt admit it) and broke a bolt off the bottom but, everything else is still perfectly fine. This is the only skid plate i will ever run.

          Comment


            #6
            I feel like if it were possible to attach the cross bar with bolts, this design would be even more popular.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

            Comment


              #7
              1. Matt-B - S50
              2. TrippinBimmer
              3. TrippinBimmer
              4. Thebutcher37 - m42
              5. Theox69 -m20
              6. Theox69 -m52
              7. Caffeinatedsoap -m42

              Also if you're still doing the installs I'm in.
              1992 318ic

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Genkboy8o8 View Post
                I love this skid plate.. virtually indestructible, I swear. I think without this, I would've had to replace my oil pan like a 100 times already.. but I barely care where I drive now, or when I scrape lol... this thing will hold.
                Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                +1 the ribs on mine are about halfway worn down.
                Originally posted by DTMbimmer07 View Post
                BEST SKID PLATE EVER!!!! taken some major hits with this thing and it still perfect, dad drove my car the other day and hit some(even though he wouldnt admit it) and broke a bolt off the bottom but, everything else is still perfectly fine. This is the only skid plate i will ever run.
                Thanks guys, Glad you are enjoying em.


                Originally posted by L8 apexr View Post
                I like the addition bracing but I'm not crazy about welding to my car,I'm capable of doing it no problem just not liking the idea.

                Is it possible to use a structural rivet,rivnut or something similiar instead?.
                Originally posted by Northern View Post
                I feel like if it were possible to attach the cross bar with bolts, this design would be even more popular.
                Welding to the car is not for everybody. I understand it's the biggest draw back to a lot of people. The area the hoop lands on the frame rails is not a perfectly smooth surface making it very difficult to make a proper connection unless welded. We have looked into several different methods of attachment but, welding is by far the best way. In order to call this skid plate SEVERE DUTY welding is in order.

                Originally posted by caffeinatedsoap View Post

                Also if you're still doing the installs I'm in.
                Installation is absolutely still available. :) Thanks, for participating.


                JH
                HIK Fab

                Comment


                  #9
                  I wish I didn't have an m30 swap to fund...one of these would be mine.

                  Good luck with the group buy, OP.


                  Taylor
                  Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                  Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend


                  Comment


                    #10
                    bump for awesome product!
                    Last edited by akorcovelos; 10-15-2012, 09:23 AM.

                    2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
                    HSAX Instructor

                    Comment


                      #11
                      pics installed??
                      Now with 2.7i power!!!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by AlphaE View Post
                        pics installed??



                        2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
                        HSAX Instructor

                        Comment


                          #13
                          ^ Looks damn GOOD

                          Thanks for posting up!
                          HIK Fab

                          Comment


                            #14
                            ONE More!
                            HIK Fab

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Of course right after I lower my car these go on gb. I hope theres another one soon these skidplates look legit!

                              Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X