Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Duty Skid Plate Group Buy (Closed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
    John- I asked this question a few pages back but thought I would bring some more clarity to it. My original question was, can I run my 24v skidplate on my 32v swap? As I am running the Garagistic subframe spacers, there is no way that it will all bolt up back together as is. I think what I'll need is a new support tube that's extended by the thickness of the subframe spacers, 10mm I believe. Is this going to be a custom job or do you have something that will work?

I'm willing to use my car as a test bed for superior 32v oil pan protection ;)
    Very interesting.

PM sent
    HIK Fab

Comment

Hey John…. is it possible to order just the PLATE for the M20 engine?… I have the original "E30 Motor Werks" plate and it is all banged-up … please dm me the cost ship to 94541 (Hayward, CA)

Comment

Originally posted by crzylildude View Post
        Hey John…. is it possible to order just the PLATE for the M20 engine? (Hayward, CA)

No problem, I sell all the parts individually.

Skid Plate................................$140
        Hoop Bar (no stubs)..................$110
        Stubs......................................$45

JH
        HIK Fab

Comment

can i see pics of the where it is welded? either with or without bar installed. i am very interested as I've already cracked one oil pan. I just replaced it but I'm doing a whole slew of other things before she hits the streets again after sitting for 6 years. Anyone running the stock plastic undershield with their skidplate? I seen one pic of a shield under the plate. Any other pics would be appreciated.

Comment

The end "stubs" are the only parts that get welded to the car.

Just cut a section for the hoop to pass and you are good to go.

JH
            Last edited by JGee; 10-13-2017, 06:20 PM.
            HIK Fab

Comment

Any Black Friday Deal this year? Might just give me the motivation to buy.

Comment

If you can make one for the iX. I'm in :)
                Build Thread
                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
                Parts Thread
                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
                  If you can make one for the iX. I'm in :)

I would also like one for the IX!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

JH-
                    Have my 2nd e30 24v plate mounted. The flush mount bolts are a great upgrade from the 1st version I had. It has already taken some shots on shitty Milwaukee roads, and is unscathed. Sometimes I aim for stuff to scare my passengers. Whack! Thanks for making a quality product.

And sorry, had to remove the obnoxious bright orange branding sticker. Maybe you should consider something more subtle.

Comment

Cyber Monday!
                      The one and only sale of the year. $20 off any skid plate and 10% off anything else. Orders made between now and midnight cyber Monday are eligible. Shipments will go out on Tuesday.

Anybody in the SoCal area with IX want to get fitted with skid plate, drop me a line.

Good news I only have 129 orange stickers left after that maybe blue. :-)

Thanks for all the support!

JH
                      HIK Fab

Comment

Can we pay for an IX skid plate now to get the special price? Then you ship whenever you have it fabbed up?

The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

I have not even seen an IX in years, so that would not be wise.
                          HIK Fab

Comment

Severe Duty Skid Plate Group Buy

Ok :(

Well let me know when you're able to produce an IX version.

Last edited by berlow94; 11-25-2016, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to show some more love for this plate. As everyone else has said... the build quality is superb. I haven't taken a major hit yet, but I've nicked it several times down back country roads. It doesn't take much to put an E30 out of commission, even from a couple "nicks."

Peace of mind at last... :pimp:

Here are some pics of my install if anyone is curious:

Tacking it in place to line up the "feet":

Fully welded up, painted it to prevent corrosion shortly after the welds cooled:

Final result!

Comment

JUst ordered myself a one for the new toy. Loved this thing when I had my s52 swapped eta. Going to repeat the success on the new one. Thanks for making such an awesome product!!
                                Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

Working...
                                X