The "Im Trina Kill Da House" Shirt Group-Buy Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So here's the deal/update.

We are short on the people who paid, that was obvious and anticipated as the payment due date arrived.

I called customink and worked with them over the weekend to get the t-shirt design finalized. What is depicted in the OP was not in a high enough resolution to be printed to size. They shrunk the images significantly to get rid of horrific pixelation even though some pixelation is intended with the image and 8-bit font. So, I invested my time in downloading a software and learning how to "vectorize" the original image. Also spent time trying to match the original fonts used in the shirt design. I have the 8-bit but cannot match the cursive. JinomusJ should be sending me those as they were created on his PC. Customink was even generous enough to help find additional discounts they can provide us with but we still don't have enough buyer's to make the quota.

I am currently looking into how many people we would need to switch to white shirts to still make this happen. The original volume was 27 people to get the discount price statements were sent out at. I will looking to see if we have any room to play with +/- people.

UPDATE: We would need at least 26 people total for the white shirt group buy before money starts coming out of my own pocket. Unfortunately for the black shirt group buy, I don't think we can persuade people to drop more money on making the switch from white shirt to black shirt. Although our quoted price was only based on 20 people for volume... Standby for further instructions regarding refunds and switching your order.

UPDATE 2: This is now very possible (Black and white shirts) if we eliminate the text on the back and only have a printing on the front. Stay tuned for updates.
    Last edited by RatedM3; 05-06-2013, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I'm fine with losing the text on the back if it means I get a shirt, and we can still get black.
      I have friends who are EOD bro.

That's awesome. I have friends who make coffee for a living, but you don't see me rocking out a bunch of lattes

Comment

ditch the font on the back! and honestly guys a big THANK YOU for going through all this work to make it happen
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I honestly have to give it up to Ricardo. I did not anticipate him going through so much time and effort trying to get this to happen. While I was the one who allowed him to assist and trusted him to help out, I cannot believe the length of work he has put Ito this group buy; it has far exceeded my expectation, and I believe I have chosen very wisely at the initial stages of the group-buy.

I personally want to publically thank Ricardo for his effort in all of this. He hears it from me all the time while we text eachother updates back and forth, but I think a public show of appreciation is more than deserved. Thanks Ricardo!

So far, as stated before, in compensation for cost, we will be ditching the quote on the back; therefor we will have the main "ohthejosh" design and "I'm Trina kill da house" underneath it on the front and thats it.

How much this adjusts price is up to speculation, but we still have people putting orders, so I will once again extend the payment date until tomorrow while me and Ricardo work behind the scenes with CustomInk on this order. Stay tuned for any price fluctuations and future updates

So far we are shooting for 2 colored shirts, but if worse comes to worse and we still don't have enough payments, we may be forced to consolidate all black orders and make them white to hit the 25 discount mark. At that point, anyone not interested in a white short will receive a prompt refund; all those who will be keeping their order in will receive a partial refund for $5 unless they have requested to allow that $5 to be sent as donation for the group buy funds so we may meet the quota.

Thanks for keeping with us r3v
          If you have anymore questions, please feel more than welcomed to PM either me or RatedM3 for anything relating to your order
          Joey
          Last edited by JinormusJ; 05-06-2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Really appreciate you guys efforts!

Again if we go white I will be out. Sorry.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
            -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Thanks Joey

Originally posted by FLG View Post
              Really appreciate you guys efforts!

Again if we go white I will be out. Sorry.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
              Black shirts are good to go, no worries. We are no longer an endangered species.

As for the design update, the front is remaining the same. The back will be blank. If you are not happy with the final product, contact Joey or I for a refund. Otherwise, this is your notice. This is the product you will be receiving. The OP will be updated accordingly. This is the official group buy thread so we expect everyone is checking in to stay up to date with the status of the group buy.

Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the help Ricardo

As stated and discussed before, we will be dropping the rear "Don't Pope da Tire" design in compromise for price. We assume this is an inconvenience, as I would have loved to have that incorporated, but it is just not fiscally possible

Cliff notes?
                No rear design because it will be too expensive.

Once again r3v, thanks for sticking with us and understanding
                Joey

Comment

Forgot to mention payment deadline is extended until Tuesday at midnight. So still time to jump in. I will post final shirt designs (hi-resolution versions) in the AM.

Comment

Final shirt proofs.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I'm fine with no text on back, I'm just glad you guys could make it happen. Good work
                      '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                      '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                      '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                      '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Wow - I hadn't checked in a few days.

A big and sincere thank you to Ricardo and Joey for putting so much work into this goofy idea. I do wish more people had stuck with it (you know who you are, Flakey McFlakersons), but such is life.

After reading the above posts I don't think this will be the case, but if the black price does go down at all I don't want the refund. Keep it for yourself, because you deserve it (and more).

Seriously... THANK YOU!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

I will be calling in the order within the next hour or two. I will post an update on the estimated delivery date in which my turn around to ship to everyone will be within 24-48hours after I receive them.

As for a final disclaimer, for the sake of my PayPal account. All sales are final. After this order goes in, there are no refunds or returns. Understand that these shirts are custom made and the company will not accept any returns. And, I cannot accept any returns as your money is going to the company, Customink.com. I cannot refund you the money that I do not have. Joey, nor I, will be responsible for sizing issues. We are simply the middle-men for this custom t-shirt group purchase.

That said, I will ensure the quality of the shirts upon receiving them. That way I can take up any problems with the vendor before shipping them out to individuals. I will inspect each one prior to packaging to ensure no one receives a shirt with tears or holes.

Update: Order has gone in but it will not be processed until Friday. So technically, we can still accept people in the group buy until Thursday at midnight. Friday I will need to let them know if we have any change in quantity before the design goes for printing. Estimated delivery date (to me) is "no later than May 24th." There's a possibility that it can arrive earlier than that. Contact Joey or I if you'd like to get in on the group buy at the last minute. Thanks everyone. I will keep you guys updated.
                          Last edited by RatedM3; 05-08-2013, 07:31 AM.

Comment

damn i wish it would be possible to have the lettering in the back but w/e. still an awesome shirt
                            Originally posted by evandael
                            a car is a car. call it a dildo, i'd still drive the hell out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by hooken m View Post
                              damn i wish it would be possible to have the lettering in the back but w/e. still an awesome shirt
                              Fuuuuuk, honestly I only got in on this because of the lettering on the back of the shirt.

I should have checked back earlier! :hitler:
                              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

It was either no back design, or no shirt at all. Just working with the number of people that actually committed to the group buy. PM me if you'd like to work something out, preferably before midnight tonight. I would like everyone to be content with what their money buys them.

Comment

Working...
                                X