No announcement yet.

E30 rep door weathergaskets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just installed! The installation process was super easy and took tops 30 minutes making sure everything lined up right. I only have one concern. After closing the door, it closes SUPER TIGHT. Like there's such a tight seal that I can't even close the door without forcing it. I know it's new rubber and had to confirm, so should I just close of and leave it closed overnight to get my door to close normally again?

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Sorry about the delay. Payment sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
        Just installed! The installation process was super easy and took tops 30 minutes making sure everything lined up right. I only have one concern. After closing the door, it closes SUPER TIGHT. Like there's such a tight seal that I can't even close the door without forcing it. I know it's new rubber and had to confirm, so should I just close of and leave it closed overnight to get my door to close normally again?

Same deal here.
        My door is also hard to open. Feels the like door handle will snap off.
        I think it'll just take some time for the new rubber to squish and hopefully if goes away

Comment

It is always best to install new seals on a warm day. I like to lay them on the driveway in the sun for an hour or so before install. The seals will soften up after a little time installed, a bit of break in use they will feel as they should. if you have any problems send me an email. Thanks guys.
          Last edited by Vintage.Autobahn; 03-07-2015, 08:50 AM.
          www.VintageAutobahn.com - BMW Parts & Vehicle Import

Comment

I work in the automotive industry and on new vehicles it takes seals 2 weeks to age. Some vehicles are very hard to close until they have aged properly. If it's still hard to close you may want to consider moving the striker outboard.

Comment

Email sent

Comment

Those who have unpaid invoices please pay by 12:00 P.M. (Pacific) tomorrow afternoon, after that time the group buy will no longer be open.

Thanks to everybody who bought seals and M42sport for organizing. The seals are available at the standard price of $100 per seal at www.VintageAutobahn.com.
                www.VintageAutobahn.com - BMW Parts & Vehicle Import

Comment

Payment sent!

Comment

Update: installed last Friday. The gasket is starting to close much better now. I don't have to slam it anymore, just close it very firmly. I'm sure in a few weeks it'll be perfect!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Have you shipped mine?
                      Transfer money online in seconds with PayPal money transfer. All you need is an email address.

Comment

Looking forward to a round 2 perhaps?

Comment

Can someone who has received and installed their seal do a review, and take some good pics comparing it to the original?

+1 on round 2.

Comment

Just received my seal today. Looks just as good as oem. The fur is slightly lighter than original, but I'm not worried.

So, can someone explain how to remove the plastic trim along the bottom? I'm assuming it has to come off, and am worried about breaking it or any clips holding it on.

Comment

I would be interested in the future. My seals have shrunk and you can see outside of the car from the inside :/
                              www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
                              2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

BlueMonday,
                                It's difficult without breaking the trim piece. I would try to use a push pin puller but you'll have to wedge it under the plastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X