No announcement yet.

E30 rep door weathergaskets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like these are still being made, just not at group buy rates. Even without the group buy, $100 per seal is a friggen DEAL. Take it from me; I just bought two new OEM ones and my wallet hurts.
    Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
    Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
    1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
    1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
    2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

Originally posted by car_gal_jenni View Post
      Looks like these are still being made, just not at group buy rates. Even without the group buy, $100 per seal is a friggen DEAL. Take it from me; I just bought two new OEM ones and my wallet hurts.
      I agree. I grabbed a set for my 318is from the group buy and they are still holding up great even after their first New England Winter!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post
        I agree. I grabbed a set for my 318is from the group buy and they are still holding up great even after their first New England Winter!
        I plan on grabbing a set or two as extras when I'm a bit more done rebuilding my e30. This is such a great deal
        Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
        Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
        1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
        1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
        2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

I put mine in today. Last year I put a brand new OEM one on the passenger door, today I put this aftermarket one on the drivers side and I cant tell the difference, in fact it seems like the aftermarket one fits better.

Thanks!
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I notice a huge difference with these, I can even speak in the cabin and echo lol. now I can isolate the sun roof area as my only sound leak.

Comment

Any update on vert seals?
              http://www.DeluxeCarStorage.com
              87 325ic - Early ACS Tribute
              90 325i MT2 - R.I.P

Seller Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=380908

Comment

Photos

Photos attached of the seals from our second production run for those of you who are interested.These are slightly improved from the early seals and we are seeing great results so far. Unfortunately due to the retooling that was necessary to improve the seals we will not be able to offer another group buy at the previous price. We are currently selling these on Ebay for $125 per seal, $100 per seal if you email us at Sales@VintageAutobahn.com
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Vintage.Autobahn; 05-01-2016, 07:39 PM.
                www.VintageAutobahn.com - BMW Parts & Vehicle Import

Comment

2 weatherstrips

do you still have them?
                  id be down for 2.
                  1991 318 is cpe
                  lmk

Comment

Originally posted by Vintage.Autobahn View Post
                    Photos attached of the seals from our second production run for those of you who are interested.These are slightly improved from the early seals and we are seeing great results so far. Unfortunately due to the retooling that was necessary to improve the seals we will not be able to offer another group buy at the previous price. We are currently selling these on Ebay for $125 per seal, $100 per seal if you email us at Sales@VintageAutobahn.com
                    At $100 for a direct Email its still a great deal!
                    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                      At $100 for a direct Email its still a great deal!

Thanks Staszek, we are doing our best to keep these affordable for the E30 community. Hope you enjoy your seals!

Comment

what about the seals changed?

also guy a few posts above, guy asked about vert seals.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Seals

Allen_t - We do not have them available for the convertibles at this time but we have had customers cut them to size for use with that application.

Matt-B- We changed a number of things about the production process to ensure consistency across all seals. The new seals also use a different adhesion method and are now mechanically cut to size to ensure a perfect fit.

Comment

Allen_t - We do not have them available for the convertibles at this time but we have had customers cut them to size for use with that application.

Matt-B- We changed a number of things about the production process to ensure consistency across all seals. The new seals also use a different adhesion method and are now mechanically cut to size to ensure a perfect fit.

Awesome thanks. I could be wrong but it looks like there isnt any difference other than the convertible ones are cut.
                            http://www.DeluxeCarStorage.com
                            87 325ic - Early ACS Tribute
                            90 325i MT2 - R.I.P

Seller Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=380908

Comment

The new seals also use a different adhesion method and are now mechanically cut to size to ensure a perfect fit.
                              Do you mean adhesion of the seal to the vehicle, or of the fuzzy material to the rubber? I'd like to pull the trigger for my 4-door, just wondering how effective it'll be to re-use the seals if I re-paint the car down the road.

Comment

Glue

Butters- we changed the glue used in the manufacturing process of the seal, "the fuzzy material to the rubber". It is not necessary to use glue when installing the seal in your vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                                X