No announcement yet.

APEX | 17" 4-Lug ARC-8 Pre Group-Buy Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't speak for your tracking number but since I basically live down the street, I called and politely asked if I could just pick them up instead.

I'd imagine they're going to start shipping out this week since they just arrived at the end of last week.

Comment

Originally posted by f4tj0n View Post
      I can't speak for your tracking number but since I basically live down the street, I called and politely asked if I could just pick them up instead.

I'd imagine they're going to start shipping out this week since they just arrived at the end of last week.
      Sir what tire size did you slap onto those rims?

"Stand tall and shake the heaven."
      "Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens"

Comment

Oh good for you!

What size tire are you running? 235/40?
        No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

Originally posted by E30xium View Post
          Sir what tire size did you slap onto those rims?

Originally posted by Nick's e30 View Post
          Oh good for you!

What size tire are you running? 235/40?
          They are 225/45/17 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500

Comment

They are 225/45/17 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500
            Any issue with the front rubbing with turning?

Comment

Any issue with the front rubbing with turning?

Yes, the tires rub on the fender liner past maybe 1 turn. I completely forgot how close my tires are to my fender when turning and pulled my left fender out going up a driveway last night. But now at least now my skidplate is about 2.5" off the ground (24v swap).

Comment

Yes, the tires rub on the fender liner past maybe 1 turn. I completely forgot how close my tires are to my fender when turning and pulled my left fender out going up a driveway last night. But now at least now my skidplate is about 2.5" off the ground (24v swap).
                I see, are you running any spacers? What were your old set up?

Comment

Yes, I needed 5mm spacers to clear my stock brakes.

My previous setup was Style 5 16x8 205/40/16. As you can see, it was pretty damn low.

Comment

Keep in mind he has the concave x8.5 wheels with all of this. Not sure which way you went on your order but some of this changes with the flat faced wheels.

Comment

Keep in mind he has the concave x8.5 wheels with all of this. Not sure which way you went on your order but some of this changes with the flat faced wheels.
                      Thank you for pointing that out. That clears up everything. :)

Comment

Thank you for pointing that out. That clears up everything. :)

I'll add some additional info after having spoken to Matt at APEX. I've purchased the 17x8 et25, and was advised my selection of 215/40 would fit no problem on all 4 corners, along with my selection of 235/40 for the rear only. They said I'd likely run into issues up front if I wasn't running 2.5-3 degrees of camber attempting to clear 235/40 (I don't have camber added up front).

Matt didn't recommend staggered tires on non staggered wheels but I won't turn this thread into a debate of staggered vs not. I'll be going with a 215-235/40 staggered tire setup.

Comment

I'll add some additional info after having spoken to Matt at APEX. I've purchased the 17x8 et25, and was advised my selection of 215/40 would fit no problem on all 4 corners, along with my selection of 235/40 for the rear only. They said I'd likely run into issues up front if I wasn't running 2.5-3 degrees of camber attempting to clear 235/40 (I don't have camber added up front).

Matt didn't recommend staggered tires on non staggered wheels but I won't turn this thread into a debate of staggered vs not. I'll be going with a 215-235/40 staggered tire setup.
                          Thank you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by dpmcdonald View Post
                            Any update on the status of these?
                            Both the 17x8 ET25 and 17x8.5 ET20 wheels will be shipped out this week :)

Originally posted by e30forlife View Post
                            Are these gone?
                            We do have additional units in stock! The 17x8 ET25 is available on our website here. If you are interested in the 17x8.5 ET20, feel free to give me a call at 925-605-7394.

Thank you APEX for going through with the group buy and all of the hard work. Greatly appreciated!
                            Wow the wheels look amazing on your E30! We appreciate the pictures

I'll add some additional info after having spoken to Matt at APEX...
                            It was a pleasure speaking with you today! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

-Matt

925.245.0773 | info@apexraceparts.com | Instagram | Facebook | Blog | Vehicle-Specific Fitment Guides

Comment

What is your suspension setup? (If you don't mind me asking)

Yes, I needed 5mm spacers to clear my stock brakes.

My previous setup was Style 5 16x8 205/40/16. As you can see, it was pretty damn low.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1615.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	7189282

Why hello there. ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X