APEX | 17" 4-Lug ARC-8 Pre Group-Buy Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, back with an update and some fun stuff:

We are working with the GroupBuyParts.com team to facilitate a unique way to solve the problem faced in this Group Buy: with many choices, and community interest spread out across them, its hard for people to settle on one design/size to endorse.

Since there is likely only enough committed group buy members to create one fitment, we need to measure that demand with a real pre-order style group Buy. Flow Formed wheels require a new tooling and have a minimum production-quantity that is required. In other words, this functionality becomes very important now that we are trying to service a very small number of community members. This is even more important because there may only be people requesting these fitments. If we build out a pre-order function as well, these wheels will get made if there are enough participants who pay.

Once this feature is released, you can vote for the style or styles you would be happy to receive in the Group Buy. (For example) you could vote for both a 17x8.5 concave style, or a 17x9", and thus, combined with the people who would only purchase one or the other, move the pre-order toward the wheel with the most real demand. We can also use it to collect and decide color preferences.

The ability to commit to more than one style or color in a pre-order is just what we need to help a project like this get over the finish line! APEX has several wheel Group Buy feelers like this starting, or about to start within a month. Sit tight as we work to make the tools that will allow us to service even the smallest niches within the community :)

We appreciate your patience. We hope our 8 year reputation for making good on Group Buys is a sign that we are committed to new ways to solve customer problems, and that we are committed to making real progress with this 4-lug E30 Group Buy.

Too lazy, didn't read? Group buy is coming soon! Style not yet decided. New sample colors coming soon! Stay tuned!

925.245.0773 | info@apexraceparts.com | Instagram | Facebook | Blog | Vehicle-Specific Fitment Guides

Comment

The 17x8 +25 was originally built by your team as it represents best fitment for large brakes and tyres without modification to the e30 fenders.

Will a 17x8.5 still offer the same benefits or will there be issues with 235/40 tyres on the rear? I'm guessing yes...
      '90 318is

Comment

Excellent news! I'm still in for 17x9 in whatever color.
        '91 318is M52 Turbo (in pieces)

Comment

I'm in for 17x9 too...

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
          '89 325is S50 Track Montser
          '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

I'd be interested in a set of 17x8. Not sure if I want staggered or squared yet. Staggered would be 2 17x8 and 1 17x9.

I just picked up the car so I don't know what the offset is, is there a way for me to find out? I assume they are et25

Comment

Any update on this GB?

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
              Instagram:
              https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
              LS Build Thread:
              https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

We're working on some sample colors, and photos of the samples so you can get that much closer to imagining a finished product.

We're still working on some more bronze, blue and other colors as well. What do you guys think so far?

These images show both the high, and low lights of many of the colors. Taken in daylight, and corrected to make them as accurate as possible:cheers:

925.245.0773 | info@apexraceparts.com | Instagram | Facebook | Blog | Vehicle-Specific Fitment Guides

Comment

mmm bronze/gold could be cool for the alpine white coupe.
                  '90 318is

Comment

Digging #3 (Silver/Anthracite) the most but #2 (Bronze) is rad too. Never been a fan of gold and the red is a little bright for my taste. Cool ideas regardless.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                    Instagram:
                    https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                    LS Build Thread:
                    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

17x9 in #3 puhrease!
                      '91 318is M52 Turbo (in pieces)

Comment

diggin the bronze!
                        2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Was diggin' up previous photos. I definitely would love to go for the concave look.

I'm diggin' the silver color - bronze is a bit too Japanese looking for my Alpine White E30. Hoping for a more anthracite/gun metal look!

Still in for a set!

Comment

I'm in for silver or a slightly darker gun metal. Definitely want concave as well 17x8 or 17x9 would be perfect.

Originally posted by blunttech
                            Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Might be in
                              1990 S50 Calypso-rot 325i

Comment

Originally posted by APEX Race Parts View Post
                                What do you guys think about 17x8.5 ET20 concave? It could look like this, but would be 4 lug:

Requirements:
                                -Roll fenders for meaty sizes, like 235/40-17

-Stretch 215/40-17 for a nearly direct fit

Note for you guys building track and big speed projects: any tire beyond a 235 in the front usually contacts the fire wall; yes even on an E30 M3. The fender is NOT the issue. If you we're building a bad ass E30 and wanted 245s for example, you would need adjustable front lower control arms to move the wheel and tire assembly forward, but then any size wheel that would support a 245 will likely need this too.

Absolutely, am keen for this!

Comment

Working...
                                X