No announcement yet.

Treehouse Racing - Eyeball Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time around installing them, there was no popping. I reaplaced the control arms and now I have popping on the passenger side. I tried to reinstalled the control arm, still pops.

Another issue, the CAB on the passenger did not slide on with ease. The first time I put them on, I had to use force (even after sanding the end of the control arm). I had to use a gear puller to get them off. This then cause the bushing material to seperate from the arm. I reinstalled the bushing material in the arm and then had to force it once again on to a new control arm. This makes me think that something is a bit off with one of my bushings (I believe that others have had problems with the bushings fitting on the end of the CA).

I will try one more time to get rid of the popping. Again, only one side is having the problem, and before that, they were both okay. Something must be tweaked.

Aaron
    2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Has anyone that HAD popping issues besides Jordan cleared their's up??

I am interested too, but I don't want to ride around with a buncha popping noises either.

Ryan? Fixed yours yet?

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

Read my post above. I now have popping issues on one side.

Aaron
        2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Any guesses on the popping sound is comming from?

Is something binding up because so much slack is taken away from the contol arms?

What does THR say about this?

Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by rcwells
            Has anyone that HAD popping issues besides Jordan cleared their's up??
            mine still pop and now also "creak" when going over bumps, if you are critical of suspension noise it would drive you crazy.

Comment

Afraid I would be. I am considering the M3 offset bushings instead. May have a bit more flex, but the benefits should be about the same.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

Originally posted by rcwells
                Afraid I would be. I am considering the M3 offset bushings instead. May have a bit more flex, but the benefits should be about the same.
                you probably drive mostly on the street.. solid mounted control arms aren't going to benefit you at all.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by motors4me
                  if you are critical of suspension noise it would drive you crazy.
                  If you are not deaf, it will drive you crazy. Also anyone else within 20 feet who can hear it.

Comment

*UPDATE*
                    Took them off, cleaned everything, lightly sanded the control arm, greased it slightly, and reinstalled. Popping is gone (for about 24 hours so far).

Last time I took it all apart and cleaned it, the popping was gone for about 5 minutes but came right back. This time it seems to be gone for good (hopefully)

Comment

just installed mine. pass. side slid one, driver side took some lube. once they were one, i have to agree with jordan. getting slideways is way more fun with these, much easier to make finite adjustments. only problem i've noticed is that with oversized tires, my left front is rubbing ever so slightly. i might do a rolling session, but the rubber for the k1's is supposed to come tomorrow, so i'll prolly just wait and throw those on. all in all, i like em (except for the rubbing).
                      sigpic

Comment

Update: Took the popping CAB off (had to use a gear puller), sanded the end of the CA and the CAB slide on with NO resistance. Popping all gone.

Aaron
                        2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

I've got popping as well. Looks like lightly sanding and lubing the CA is working for most of you all. I'll give that a try this weekend too. I hope this fixes it for sure.
                          Eric
                          85 325e M50 and auto to manual transmission conversion...

Comment

I just picked up a new set of these puppies from a local guy. I can't begin to describe just how impressed I am with them. I removed the old stock bushings, lubed the back of the control arm and the inside of the bushing with a little bit of lithium grease, and I have had no problems with popping or any other undesirable effect.

The steering is way more responsive, the front of the car feels truly SOLID, and it has completely tied together all of the other suspension work that I've done.

This is a great product. I will highly recommend these items to anyone else that is looking to upgrade their bushings to M3 offset ones, and the price is very difficult to beat. I'm curious to see how long these bushings are going to last.
                            - Jason

Comment

so answer me this... IS the popping noise bad, like somthing to worry about, or should i just not bother to make it stop? The new car has them on, and they pop. SHOULD i sand and grease them, or leave them? So far in the thread no one has said either if it is a real problem or not. But none the less, i drove my stock e30, and then my new one... oh my... it feels incredible.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to be lubing them up, guys...

All that's needed to get rid of the popping is a sanding of the mounting area of the control arm, and that's it.

Comment

Working...
                                X