Treehouse Racing - Eyeball Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by btm4k
    I think Ken is right about the binding/releasing. Mine would barely fit, and they're popping like mad. My theory is that if they don't slide on, sand the ca's or POP.
    Originally posted by Sean
    They weren't that tight at all. When not on the car, the bushings turned very freely.

I also lubed them with some silcon lubricant.

They pop...like a motherfucker.

Comment

Maybe the 'lube' is somehow causing them to seize?

Comment

Well, I sanded off every spec of black paint. I sanded roughly, and it helped, but still popped occasionally.

I took them off yesterday, and sanded them more. I also noticed some surface rust on the bottom of the CA? :shock:

So, anyway, I sanded them entirely, and didn't use any silicon lube since it seems to be attracting sand and dirt and whatnot.

Real quiet now, from what I can tell. :D
        - Sean Hayes

Comment

Installed these today,

:up:

Everything feels tied together in the front,
          This is the perfect replacement for the old worn ones,

Would reccomend it to anybody

Sanded down to fit easily also used grease, no popping of any kind
          Gunni
          @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

Originally posted by gstuning
            Installed these today,

Give us an update in a few days/week...

Comment

Originally posted by Beemerfanatik
              Installed these today,

I have been trashing around town now
              and I can´t believe the diffrence these things make,

I feel better turn-in in sharp corners on slow speeds, and also more high speed stability also the shaking in my steering I had is now gone,
              Gunni

Comment

Installed these today,

I feel better turn-in in sharp corners on slow speeds, and also more high speed stability also the shaking in my steering I had is now gone,
                Any popping?

Comment

Installed these today,

Any popping?
                  not sure, but if it was them then 3 times so far, but only under the hardest braking I could manage
                  Gunni

Comment

i've had these for some time now and the change in steering is unbelievble :)

Mine pop like crasy, I havn't removed them and installed again I guess I will have to do that soon.

I don't notice the popping sound anymore but my passangers do and they find it unconfertable :|

Comment

I wish someone would find out what the heck is wrong with those things once and for all!! I plan to buy a set as soon as I can set aside the money for them, but I am still apprehensive due to all the reports.

Has anyone questioned Treehouse as to the cause of the problem? Has anyone gotten a serious direct answer from them? If I recall correctly I read that someone from Treehouse was claiming that there were no problems at all with them, yet it seems half the guys on r3v that bought them have complained of the mysterious popping.

Can anyone definitively answer this?

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

Originally posted by RCWells
                        I wish someone would find out what the heck is wrong with those things once and for all!! I plan to buy a set as soon as I can set aside the money for them, but I am still apprehensive due to all the reports.

Has anyone questioned Treehouse as to the cause of the problem? Has anyone gotten a serious direct answer from them? If I recall correctly I read that someone from Treehouse was claiming that there were no problems at all with them, yet it seems half the guys on r3v that bought them have complained of the mysterious popping.

Can anyone definitively answer this?
                        I think the answer was "You guys did something wrong, product is fine"

Comment

the problem is the control arms were never meant to be solid mounted. even the M3 racecars used spherical bearings (same results, but without the binding).

for the people who say it makes a huge difference, were you coming from old stock bushings or something like M3 offsets?
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I can't even count how many times this has been gone over, and gone over, and gone over, and gone over...

HOW TO FIX THE POPPING NOISES CAUSED BY TREEHOUSE RACING EYEBALL ARMS

1. If you have already installed them, remove them from the car.
                            2. Sand all the of paint off of the end of the contol arms, where the eyeball arm mounts.
                            3. Reinstall.

The popping will be gone. It is caused by the bushing material binding up on the paint on the control arms. It's got nothing to do with the eyeball arms being a solid mounting setup.

Comment

I get occasional popping Josh. I sanded down the end of the control arm (no paint whatsoever).

Aaron
                              2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by aaron_silva
                                I get occasional popping Josh. I sanded down the end of the control arm (no paint whatsoever).

Aaron
                                I'm posting nearly word-for-word what I've been told by Skafrog himself. Maybe it doesn't apply to everyone's application, but it seems like people aren't even trying it, or even know about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X