Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEM 39143 black trim

After:

15 bucks. Good product. Supposedly blacks out the trim and protects it (unlike rubbing compounds etc that will only temporarily put some life back into your trim)

i used SEM "bumper coater" (can't remember number code) for my heckspoiler, rockers, rear valence and front lip:

before:

after:

it makes the bottom half of the car look brand new.
    http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Just did my rockers this afternoon - it was Duplicolor, not SEM, but man - makes a big difference in how they look.
      Current Cars
      2014 M235i
      2009 R56 Cooper S
      1998 M3
      1997 M3

Comment

It's pretty durable, too, because my brake ducts were spraybombed with some crappy paint and I painted my fog light delete panels with the SEM Trim Black. The brake ducts are chipped as hell but the fog light delete panels are holding up quite nicely!

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I did my rocker panels and rear lower valence with Hammerite smooth black. As above, made a huge difference to the overall look of the lower half of the car.

Comment

Those all look real good. Where do you usually buy SEM products?

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodlincoln View Post
              Those all look real good. Where do you usually buy SEM products?
              call around to various car part stores. usually places carry either SEM or duplicolor, but not both (from my experience).
              http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

i used duplicolor gloss black and it made my trim look as good as new. it really wasnt that expensive. i bought it at advance auto parts

Comment

SEM makes great products, worth every penney. They are usually 2-3 times the price of duplicolor. My local Automate carries SEM, I used to buy offline before discovering this. I redid all of my navy interior panels and my tan ceiling with black SEM flexible coating and it looks great.
                  West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
                  ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

I hate this stuff. When it works it looks freaking incredible!! But most of the time it just sputters out drops of paint and fucks everything up. Anyone else experience this?? Or do i just suck at spray paint?

Comment

Originally posted by spooledtt View Post
                      I hate this stuff. When it works it looks freaking incredible!! But most of the time it just sputters out drops of paint and fucks everything up. Anyone else experience this?? Or do i just suck at spray paint?
                      sounds like you suck.

take the tip, rinse it in hot water. turn can upside down spray three times in little spurts to clear nozzle, then proceed with the 10-12 inch method.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slow e30 View Post
                        sounds like you suck.

take the tip, rinse it in hot water. turn can upside down spray three times in little spurts to clear nozzle, then proceed with the 10-12 inch method.
                        Did that. To all 3 cans. All of them still sucked.

Comment

This is the only trim paint I buy. I have gone through many many cans of it. I just ordered 4 cans from Amazon and will have great success, i am sure.
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Originally posted by spooledtt View Post
                            Did that. To all 3 cans. All of them still sucked.
                            This used to happen to me. I realized that my finger was too far forward and the very tip of it was just barely in the spray pattern, so paint would gather on my finger and then spray off in a large drop.

Move your finger back.

Body roll+perspective=the poor man's drop

Comment

Doing this asap
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X