Racing seat fitment and reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racing seat fitment and reviews

i am deciding on getting some racing seats, and before i buy them, i want to know if i will actually fit correctly. mounting with sliders in a 1989 e30 325ic (will eventually get a sedan or m3 but for now its the ic)
    i want to sit in evey make and model type
    where can i do this ? (besides the track, which is where i will eventually go, )

i found a great deal on these seats, but am reluctant due to fitment.

also, suggestions are always welcome.

i am 180lbs, 5'11 with a size 36 waist. and i almost bought a Status Ring seat, but it was too narrow for my legs to be able to stretch out to the clutch pedal (or dead pedal)

ive been shoping around, and also like the momo/ sparco/ recaro brands, but they are a bit pricey (but will pony up if yall have experience)
    also, the shipping.. and many a online purchase gets fudged up and has to be returned...the shipping will kill any deal....so any sites you recomend too would be helpful.
    Last edited by idanity; 06-09-2010, 07:04 AM.
    3 pedal club
    200,k+ club
    cabrio club
    port-matched- polished- purring www.BMWpark.org

</div>

linux since 1999

My experience is that you sually get what you pay for. Meaning that this no-brand seat might be cheap but only offer a portion of the ergonomy, strength and safety as, say, a Sparco, Recaro or other. Being able to sit for hours in a seat is important. Safety also. If you are not competiting, may I suggest buying a good shape, outdated, quality seat. FIA seats have a 5 year life. After that, they can't be raced. Therefore, you can find one in top shape for less than half the price. Which I believe is better than a low quality cheap-o seat. HAve you considered Sparco's Evo2 seat?

Lee
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

The ring seat with a 36" waist will be a tight fit. They do make it in a wider version. I have the carbon version of that seat and I really like it. I have a 33" waist and it is pretty snug but is awesome at the track and actually pretty comfortable as far as race seats go on the street. One thing is the stock bracket had to be modified to fit. It put the seat up high in the air and my head was hitting the ceiling (in there defense I am 6'4"). So I just cut off the legs and welded it flat, it was easy to do but a little annoying that I had to.
      88 325is s50 powered
      -Brian

Comment

corbeau FX pro is a great seat for $300...there is a FX model that are wider than the PRO's....and choice of colors also. I may be getting a set for the E30..also check with OG racing,they have seats/suits,etc,that are on sale,due to next years model coming out.free shipping too
        NASA
        BMWCCA member
        PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
        1997 M3 sedan
        2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

btw..its a FX1 PRO

Over 50 years of providing the world with the best in aftermarket Street Seats, Racing Seats, Off Road Seats, Jeep Seats, Suspension seats, Seat Brackets, Harness Belts and more.
          NASA
          BMWCCA member
          PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
          1997 M3 sedan
          2001 325CI DD

Comment

425 Motorsports in Bellevue have recently opened and offer a lot of seats in their showroom. Just like a helmet, sitting in actual seats is really important. Also, most major seat manufactures offer some various pads that can fine tune the fit.

Buy a quality name brand, and you'll always be able to sell it.
            Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
            www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

I have FX1 Pros and they are amazing. Better than any seat I have sat in and people have told me that they are more comfortable than their sparco/recaro whatever. I have done a 10 hour road trip a few times in them and they were tolerable. To mount them I used sparco mounts. I used one mount from each side for each seat. This allowed me to center the seat further

Comment

Anyone ever fitted bride pros in am e30? I have a set that were in an e36 drift car and dunno how much different mounting in e30 will be, one has e36 sliders made for it other has none.

Comment

Originally posted by e304me View Post
                  . To mount them I used sparco mounts. I used one mount from each side for each seat. This allowed me to center the seat further
                  i also did this in my 944,it does center the seat nicely
                  NASA
                  BMWCCA member
                  PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                  1997 M3 sedan
                  2001 325CI DD

Comment

Originally posted by e30s50dan View Post
                    corbeau FX pro is a great seat for $300...there is a FX model that are wider than the PRO's....and choice of colors also. I may be getting a set for the E30..also check with OG racing,they have seats/suits,etc,that are on sale,due to next years model coming out.free shipping too

I don't really like my FX-1 Pro. It gets VERY uncomfy after about 45 minutes. After 2 hours my legs are asleep.

I suppose it would be fine for a trailered track car that's seeing 30 minute sessions/races, I don't know about Enduro's though.
                    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                    e30 restoration and V8 swap
                    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

If anyone is happens to be looking for some seats for their Cabrio the Corbeau A4 in standard width is just right.

These are installed in my cabiro. They do make a wider version, but I don't think they will fit in the vert. I am 6.4" and 225 lbs and the seats are good for me all day. They are adjustable, so not the best for tracking, but good as a DD or xcross weekender.
                      sigpic
                      "But the way it deals with bumps and heaves makes you think the shocks are filled with unicorn farts and pixie tears."

Comment

I love my Evo2 Plus (tall person version of Evo). I can flex the seatback of Corbeau FX1 Pros with my back by pushing my feet against the floor of the car, which is incredibly unsettling. I have no confidence in those seats. I sat in a bunch of seats before settling on my Evo2 Plus. After many hours in the seats I don't feel fatigued or uncomfortable at all; it's an AMAZING seat. Well worth the cost imo.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

anyone one know where i can find seat mounts for a memoryfoam seat?

i think thats what its called
                          m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
                          build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

its for a 87 325is btw
                            m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
                            build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

I've got a Bride Zeta III in my car, using Massive sidemounts. You'll need a waist size of 32 or below to really be comfortable in it - I fit snugly at 31.

I bought it used, and it still looks brand new. Quality seats hold up great. It's extremely comfortable, and fits my proportions really well.

^ I think you mean Memoryfab. I don't think they make seats anymore. If that is what you have, I'd imagine most sidemounts would work. They were made by Vision, and they offered an FIA approved version, so they probably use the same mounting points as most other buckets.

Comment

Working...
                              X