Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCalKidz
    replied
    So does anyone have pictures of the rear shocks installed? I want yo see if they stick up as far as mine do in the trunk..

Leave a comment:

• will61
    replied
    Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it here, get yourself some GC rear springs to mate with this setup and it's a fantastic handling setup. The only complaint I ever got was that I went TOO stiff in the rear on my spring choice (800lb rear). The handling is dandy for what it is. It's not track suspension. I bottomed out more on GC's than I did on this kit and that had heavily to do with the fact that I was too soft for as low as I dailied all of my E30's.

Fantastic write up.
    Does GC make their own springs? I was under the impression they used Eibachs And roughly how much would those be?

Leave a comment:

• bcusitsjeff
    replied
    these wouldnt work on a 85 325e without changing the strut housing would they?

Leave a comment:

• ck_taft325is
    replied
    I've said it before and I'll say it here, get yourself some GC rear springs to mate with this setup and it's a fantastic handling setup. The only complaint I ever got was that I went TOO stiff in the rear on my spring choice (800lb rear). The handling is dandy for what it is. It's not track suspension. I bottomed out more on GC's than I did on this kit and that had heavily to do with the fact that I was too soft for as low as I dailied all of my E30's.

Fantastic write up.

Leave a comment:

• dinanm3atl
    replied
    Originally posted by darvo View Post
    What rear tire size are you running? Wheel and tire specs?
    They are 205.50.15.

Leave a comment:

• Dj Syco
    replied
    Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
    I'm not really sure what you are asking. The shocks are stock length, there is no modification required to run these. How low do you plan on running these? All the way down? Then if you care how your car rides, get shortened housings. Leaving it at a reasonable height? Plenty of shock travel.
    He was talking about the RSM's GroundControl offers for people who want to slam it. I was suggesting he did, but seeing as halston's car is being run with no adjuster in the rear and its still that high he shouldn't worry about it.

Leave a comment:

• dirty30
    replied
    My install went reall smooth with these. Not the best handling but a great value. With the early body cars there is a serious rake even with the rear adjuster out. There is no slamming the rear with this kit and the supplied springs.

Front adjuster and spring perch is really cool!

Leave a comment:

• darvo
    replied
    Curious Bump~

Leave a comment:

• darvo
    replied
    Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
    Yes. Keep in mind though I put on undersized tires. Some poor calculations on my end. Also it's an 87 so I have higher arches. Late model with proper sized tires it would look much better.
    What rear tire size are you running? Wheel and tire specs?

Leave a comment:

• ak-
    replied
    Originally posted by spike68 View Post
    Rears with no adjusters and fronts probably most of the way down. what im really asking is, will it be fine to run on stock strut mounts with these?
    The shock will obviously be compressed more due to the height drop, so should the shock be compensated?
    Just don't drop it all the way down..

Leave a comment:

• spike68
    replied
    Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
    I'm not really sure what you are asking. The shocks are stock length, there is no modification required to run these. How low do you plan on running these? All the way down? Then if you care how your car rides, get shortened housings. Leaving it at a reasonable height? Plenty of shock travel.
    Rears with no adjusters and fronts probably most of the way down. what im really asking is, will it be fine to run on stock strut mounts with these?
    The shock will obviously be compressed more due to the height drop, so should the shock be compensated?

Leave a comment:

• acolella76
    replied

Leave a comment:

• spike68
    replied
    So I have a question.
    Are the struts shortened to compensate for the height?
    Or are they always going to be compressed?
    Markert Motorworks is reccomending a grab some height adjusted strut mounts to compensate, if the struts arent shortened.
    Any thoughts guys?

Leave a comment:

• mr.vang
    replied
    are those comso camber plate?

Leave a comment:

• ak-
    replied
    Originally posted by RawToast View Post
    That's what I mean, what should I buy lol?
    Well, what's worn lol?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X