F1 clutch kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 clutch kits?

Anyone use or deal with the F1 clutch kits? Im looking into getting a Stage 2. But a general review of a product from them would be appreciated

I've been using my F1 stage 3 for 2 years now. About 15 trackdays on it and it's barely halfway. It started on my stock m20 then turbo m20 and now on my m50 swap and still going strong. Not bad for the price I think.
    JMP Autowerkz
    7349 Canby Ave.
    Reseda, CA 91335
    www.jmpauto.com

Comment

have it for 2 years, 6 puck (stage 3). Beat to hell on my m20 and swapped it to different motor then beat to hell in my m50.

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

My 6 puck grabs like a mofo too. I'm pretty hard on mine most of the time and it's holding up great. There is noticeably much less modulation though. It's pretty much grabbing or not.
        ------------------------------------------------------
        1982 528e - Sold
        1987 325e - Totalled
        1990 325is - Sold
        1997 540i6 - Sold
        1991 325ic - Sold
        2013 335i - Sold
        2005 X5 - Daily
        1991 318is - *work in progress*

Comment

Ive use a stage 2 - nice compromise. Noticeably firmer disengage and still able to modulate pedal nicely.

Comment

There is one in this car. Been holding 14psi

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Wow, first thread I've read in any forum with a positive general consensus on those kits.

Comment

Looks like ill be going stage 3! Ive been waiting for a decent review to trust it
                m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
                build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

You will hate the stage 3/6-puck in a parking lot/red light (until you get use to it.. if you get use to it)
                  You have about this margin of error when launching --> |________|

With that said, I love mine.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I have the stage 2 kit (with their ltw flywheel) on my E34. It's worked well, up until the point I stopped driving that car. Took it for a spin a couple days ago. It's real firm, lot's of resistance... wore my leg out quick after driving the soft E30 clutch for a year. It was really cheap too, like 300 bucks including the flywheel.

I've pretty much heard everyone trash this brand, except for BMW owners who rave about it. Apparently everything else they make sucks.
                    Reformed E34 addict. 1993 525i/5 - 1995 525i/5 - 1991 318i/C

Comment

I ran one of their 6 puck clutches in my m50 swapped car and loved it. I was going to get another one for my m20 turbo but found a spec stage 3 from vr speed factory for $300 with a thowout bearing, pilot bearing and alignment tool. With buying the bearings your not saving much $$ with the f1 kit.

Comment

Hi, i would like to use it :)

Comment

I have had the S1 for two years now, the OE Sachs disc and single-mass flywheel work well. No complaints!
                          I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse View Post
                            My 6 puck grabs like a mofo too. I'm pretty hard on mine most of the time and it's holding up great. There is noticeably much less modulation though. It's pretty much grabbing or not.
                            this

I had mine behind my turbo motor that was almost only used for dragracing, now in my 2.7, its a strong clutch that is holding up, but it is not fun to drive with. and a VERY stiff pedal too. My wife will no longer drive my E30 due to the "stupid" clutch
                            I love it, but it is annoying sometimes, and chatters the crap out of my driveline.

Comment

I had an f1 clutch and ltw flywheel a few years ago in my crx. It had a brand new quaife lsd and gsr trans converted to cable clutch mechanism via hasport. I had blamed it on F1 racing at first, but looking back now i believe it was user error as it never dawned on me that it'd be a good idea to replace the hardware, even after i snapped one of the puny little bolts while torquing down the pressure plate in multiple stages too 19 ft lbs.

I'd stick with stock clutches. I have a friend running a euro s50b32 with a sachs kit and all brand new o.e sachs clutch kit, driveshaft, guibo, and csb. Only thing concerning him is axles + grip at the track.

Most things aftermarket that are "affordable" can be a real headache. That b16, with slightly more power then a healthy m20b25, and 4.40 gears 14" visa tires would still spin tires up to 40 in first gear. That was with a gentle 3k launch. In my case it made the car slower over a stock clutch which never had that much wheelspin. Better tires surely would have helped, along with knowing how to helicoil stripped out threads for the 3rd motor mount on the transmission (honest reason for missing that gear i wasn't thinking about 3rd gear vtech i swear).

Feel free to make fun of the straight piped exhaust i was young and dumb, which is why i overclutched a N/A b16 with stock internals.

import cars drag racing Philadelphia PA Friday March 3rd 2006

Comment

Working...
                              X