Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    ^Tight driveline > NVH

But seriously, once we get the few rust spots welded up, I'm going to hit the inside of the car with a good layer of Dynamat.
    Dynamat blows, is expensive, and heavy. Use RAAMMat, a little cheaper, lighter, and works better. I bought an old crx that had been dynamatted by the PO. It was still quite loud so I took it to local sound place and they replaced it with raammat and it was noticeably quieter and according to the guy that installed it he actually used about 30sq ft less.
    Crossfire + Pole + Isaac Newton's freakin self = sigpic

Comment

I ripped my mounts at a drift event, stopped by AKG, Andy had them there. He asked if i daily it, which i do and he didnt sell me the trans mounts.

its great. barely vibrates a little extra from idle. Love it. Perfect for daily driver and weekend drift car.

Comment

Originally posted by Molbius View Post
        Dynamat blows, is expensive, and heavy. Use RAAMMat, a little cheaper, lighter, and works better. I bought an old crx that had been dynamatted by the PO. It was still quite loud so I took it to local sound place and they replaced it with raammat and it was noticeably quieter and according to the guy that installed it he actually used about 30sq ft less.
        just staying OT for a minute....for those that are interested and haven't seen this....some comparisons on sound deadening materials.....
        http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

Comment

Interior is back in the car and I don't even notice the mounts now, even with the driveshaft still out of phase.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Any take on AKG's 80A group N m20 motor and trans mounts? Quite pricey, I know, but they must be a perfect balance of firmness, and vibration suppression.
            Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

Comment

Working...
            X