• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamin-X

Got them off their web site, really nice product! easy to install

Agreed.
    sigpic

"Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...Holy S**t!! What a Ride!!"

Comment

I really disliked the stuff. I applied it properly and it just doesn't look right. I'd use it for the track to protect the glass, but not as a true "mod".
      PNW Crew
      90 m3
      06 m5

Comment

^ how long did you have it on the lights? I installed some on fog lights and when first installed it is not great and can be bubbly, but the longer it is on and especially after using the lights, the film adheres to the lights and the clarity of the film is now perfect.

Comment

The trick is to heat it, and the headlight, with a hairdryer before applying. It makes it softer and much easier to apply. Also reduces the risk of bubbles/wrinkles.

Also, don't buy the square sheets and try to cut it yourself, It will never be as good as their pre-cut E30 kits.

Comment

^^ what he said :) mine came out perfect with no bubbles at all

Comment

Not always true. The product has what they call bounce back or rebound and sometimes when cut with the plotter it will deform a bit not causing it to fix perfect. Laying it on and cutting it with a sheet applied assures that the product is perfect and you do save a few bucks.

I would not recommend this method though to ones that have not used this product extensively!

Well worth the money though!
              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I've had these on every single car I've owned.
                • Fogs on 2000 328ci
                • Fogs on 2005 325i
                • Fogs on 2003 M3
                Just ordered some for fogs and high beam on the e30. Great product.
                E46 IR M3 | E90 BS 328i | E30 AW 325i

Comment

Originally posted by neo328ci View Post
                  I've had these on every single car I've owned.
                  • Fogs on 2000 328ci
                  • Fogs on 2005 325i
                  • Fogs on 2003 M3
                  Just ordered some for fogs and high beam on the e30. Great product.
                  You're going to laminx sealed beams?
                  "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                    I'm buying ellips.
                    E46 IR M3 | E90 BS 328i | E30 AW 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                      I'll take the swing for the dumb question of the day... is it really that bad to do a sealed beam? other than replacement issuse?
                      85 Toyota pickup.
                      85 325e sedan daily driver.
                      Various s13 bits for sale. Also a complete stroker kit to be listed soon.
                      DriftSTL.com driftpirates.com

Comment

Sealed beams just barely put out any light, and to cover them up with Lamin-X would be a no no.

Comment

Originally posted by thundering02 View Post
                          I'll take the swing for the dumb question of the day... is it really that bad to do a sealed beam? other than replacement issuse?
                          why would you spend any money on protecting a $5 headlight?
                          http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Sometimes we must suffer for fashion. I put Lamin-x on my sealed highs because I like how it looks. Yes, I can barely see two feet in front of me, but damn it looks cool. Plus, I have four giant Hellas waiting to be installed. That should take care of the dim.
                            www.slapdashracing.com

Comment

sorry, but no, smoke tint film doesn't make sealed beams look cool. it makes you look like an idiot. ;)

works great on my turn signals though. smoke > clear any day..
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X