Lamin-X

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nomansland92
    replied
    i used them on my highs and they turned out great, easy clean install and very cheap compared to real French yellows

    Leave a comment:


  • SimplyDope
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon12V
    Did these 1 1/2 years ago. Film is very nice quality and well worth it to protect your lights. the precuts worked great on my ellipsoids but the fogs were kind of shitty. The overall outline was undercut and stuck out on the side of my fogs and they didn't cut holes for the rivets on the side of the glass lense. recommend them for high/low beams but not for late model fogs.
    Good to know about the fogs. I was considering a pair of them to match the pre-cut film for the ellipsoids (which I've had for almost a year and have been entirely impressed with). No peeling or discoloration, and it rains here like a bitch. They have also not been maintained in any way (the film, that is).

    I know there are many different kinds of films available, but the bottom line is that if you're getting a new set of headlights or something that is in pristine condition and you want to keep it that way, get SOMETHING to protect them.

    Leave a comment:


  • blackhawkimpact
    replied
    Transform your BMW with our Headlight Tint and Protection Kits; where style meets protection. Elevate your drive with the contemporary elegance and robust protection offered by our kits.

    Leave a comment:


  • KEL
    replied
    Originally posted by blackhawkimpact
    Rvinyl.com is a great product also and it's cheaper. Been using them for a couple of years now.

    For example highs, lows, fogs on lamin-x.com will cost $39.95 whereas rvinyl.com $24.99
    Looks like rvinyl.com has gone up in price ($44.99) or am I looking in the wrong place?

    Leave a comment:


  • Brandon12V
    replied
    Did these 1 1/2 years ago. Film is very nice quality and well worth it to protect your lights. the precuts worked great on my ellipsoids but the fogs were kind of shitty. The overall outline was undercut and stuck out on the side of my fogs and they didn't cut holes for the rivets on the side of the glass lense. recommend them for high/low beams but not for late model fogs.

    Leave a comment:


  • MisterMiniS
    replied
    Just got some Lamin-X in today and put them on. They look great imo and were very easy to install. It was $40 for the low, highs, and fogs, but they came very well packaged, and with a little (BUT GREAT) spray bottle and squeegee. No complaints at all.





    Sorry for cell phone pics.

    Leave a comment:


  • blackhawkimpact
    replied
    Rvinyl.com is a great product also and it's cheaper. Been using them for a couple of years now.

    For example highs, lows, fogs on lamin-x.com will cost $39.95 whereas rvinyl.com $24.99

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt-B
    replied
    20% off to morrow guys

    Leave a comment:


  • SimplyDope
    replied
    Thought I'd chime in and let everyone know that the pre-cut lamin-x I used for my headlights has held up perfectly fine since June. No peeling, no discoloration, etc. The car has seen a lot of rain and quite a bit of sun as well. No maintenance has been done to the lamin-x thus far, but I will probably treat it this winter while the car is stored just to promote longevity.

    Bump for a good product.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lance Racing
    replied
    Used on PRO3 cars

    Lamin-X made the PRO3 racing group a great deal on pre-cut. Most of the PRO3 cars run the product on their race cars. Much better than crappy duct tape.

    Leave a comment:


  • daviddwillson
    replied
    Originally posted by thundering02
    I'll take the swing for the dumb question of the day... is it really that bad to do a sealed beam? other than replacement issuse?
    Sealed beams just barely put out any light, and to cover them up with Lamin-X would be a no no.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    really? I doubt it. The 3M stuff is thicker and much harder. It also doesn't come unstuck.. I've had lamin-X on my turn signals for years, and it comes off all the time.
    nando, Lamin-x comes in all thicknesses. You have to order the desired thickness. The PVC vinyl with UV protection is much stronger then the Urethane material 3M uses. (We did tests with golf balls and rocks from moving cars) The adhesion material is all the same. So if it does not stick its either the surface was not properly prepped or a complex angle that did not take.

    Leave a comment:


  • ian e30 318is
    replied
    I've had Lamin-x on my side markers for three or four years with absolutely no problems. I also just put some clear Lamin-x on my Elllipsoids. Hopefully I don't have any problems with them

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    Its different material, the Lamin-X is made of PVC vinyl and will hold up better than the 3M material.
    really? I doubt it. The 3M stuff is thicker and much harder. It also doesn't come unstuck.. I've had lamin-X on my turn signals for years, and it comes off all the time.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    I'm selling an E30 Lamin-X kit in box, if anyone's interested in the Bay Area. It'll save you shipping, and I can deliver! Blue Highs, Lows, and Yellow Fogs. let me know!

    Leave a comment:

Working...