Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wire Supplier (w/ Advanced Ordering Interface)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wire Supplier (w/ Advanced Ordering Interface)

Hi All,

Longtime E30 guy and R3v member. I recently started a business that some of you may find useful and wanted to share.

We're a wire supplier that created a web app that lets you build out a "wiring project" and for each wire in your project add processing services like marking, stripping, and crimping.
    While you're working on defining your project you can see instant transparent pricing and order your project to be processed and mailed to you.

As automotive enthusiasts our offerings are all kind of centered around that right now, so we have TXL/tefzel wire and common automotive connectors (many used in aftermarket engine management systems).

Great uses cases are ordering custom flying lead harnesses for your engine build/swap, or building a body harness for a track car.
    But really our services can help anywhere where you build a wiring harness by making you assembly time quick and the end product easy to diagnose with the labeled wire.

Here's a screenshot of our project manager interface:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-19 100758.png
Views:	295
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	10112505

And here's how the project looks if public and you view it: https://wpm.yourspec.com/projects/view/125

And some fun photos:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	marking-ex.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	10112506Click image for larger version

Name:	milspec-bulkhead-labeled.png
Views:	219
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	10112507

You can find our project manager interface here: https://wpm.yourspec.com/
    Or our storefront here: https://store.yourspec.com/

If you're thinking about ordering let me know and I can hook you up with a first time customer discount code!

Thanks!
    Thanks,
    Matt

Check out my BMW Fault Code Index
    '89 Turbo M20 Zinno Cabrio (scrapped)
    '89 Zinno IX (sold)
    '91 Granit Turbo S52 Sedan (scrapped)
    '91 WIP (scrapped)
    '13 F10 Carbon Black 550iX MSport
    '91 iX Sedan

This is an awesome idea! The example wiring harness doesn't seem too expensive at all. While it's possible to get the bulk wire cheaper, the real value here configuration control. Yes, it's possible to get wire cheaper, but the whole point for the end user is you can spec exactly what you want and don't have to carry inventory. I wish you the very best of luck with the business.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Neat!

Interested to see what you offer for (bulkhead?) connectors.
      Said another way, if I wanted to be able to disconnect a custom engine loom at the firewall, rather then trying to pull an entire loom (connectors and all) through a large hole.

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
        This is an awesome idea! The example wiring harness doesn't seem too expensive at all. While it's possible to get the bulk wire cheaper, the real value here configuration control. Yes, it's possible to get wire cheaper, but the whole point for the end user is you can spec exactly what you want and don't have to carry inventory. I wish you the very best of luck with the business.
        Thank you!

We definitively see the same value in being able to spec things exactly as you want, but even so we have tried to do some creative pricing breaks to stay competitive with just buying in bulk. For example if you're ordering a project that is around a body harness/engine harness size we have a discount pricing model that extends bulk discount pricing across different colors of the same wire (max 4). So if you buy 50 feet of four different colors of the same type and gauge wire you'll qualify for 200ft discount pricing on all four of those.

Originally posted by Panici View Post
        Neat!

Interested to see what you offer for (bulkhead?) connectors.
        Said another way, if I wanted to be able to disconnect a custom engine loom at the firewall, rather then trying to pull an entire loom (connectors and all) through a large hole.
        ​Right now we do not stock any bulkhead connectors directly (our inventory is a bit small since we're just getting up and running), however, we carry some Amphenol AS39029 contacts which fit in a lot of different mil-spec bulkhead connectors on the market (common in the motorsports world). So if you were using us to order your wiring for your harness you could spec it with those connectors crimped on and just insert right into whatever bulkhead you decide on in that family.
        Thanks,
        Matt

Check out my BMW Fault Code Index
        '89 Turbo M20 Zinno Cabrio (scrapped)
        '89 Zinno IX (sold)
        '91 Granit Turbo S52 Sedan (scrapped)
        '91 WIP (scrapped)
        '13 F10 Carbon Black 550iX MSport
        '91 iX Sedan

Comment

Working...
        X