MarkD summer 2011 chip sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ultraviolet View Post
    which chip would be appropriate for a 91' 325ix :)
    You can use the 173 versions, many other have used that in the iX. One day I'll make a version based on the iX stock chip but you don't really require it.
    URL: www.dsylva-tech.ca

Comment

MarkD, I am trying to understand exactly what I can expect from this chip for the M20.....not sure if I want the 91 oct or 93 oct....but I don't feel like there is any information on your website to make an informed decision....no dyno comparisons, just that the redline will be different.

I'd like to know:
      1) will this make my gas mileage better or worse and approx 1-2 mpg?
      2) what can I expect acceleration wise? My M20 is relatively quiet until the upper RPMs...should i expect more from the lower rpms?

I was reading the reviews, but I'd like a more objective view if possible.

thanks
      1997 Artic Silver M3
      CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis Jung View Post
        MarkD, I am trying to understand exactly what I can expect from this chip for the M20.....not sure if I want the 91 oct or 93 oct....but I don't feel like there is any information on your website to make an informed decision....no dyno comparisons, just that the redline will be different.

I'd like to know:
        2) what can I expect acceleration wise? My M20 is relatively quiet until the upper RPMs...should i expect more from the lower rpms?

thanks
        I'd like to know the same for the M42, as well, please.

Comment

Can't wait to get a chip for the M

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

I'd like to know:

thanks

would like to know the same thing. And wanted to know if you made a chip for the 84 eta motor because on the website i saw that the chip for the eta is only for the 85-89.

Comment

Marc I bought one of your chips but I need instructions on how to install it. If anyone can send me a link on how to put this thing, I would appreciate it a lot.

91 318is

MY BUILD THREAD
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=235231

INSTAGRAM : @luchcolaneri

Comment

Originally posted by mtlbloodshot View Post
                Marc I bought one of your chips but I need instructions on how to install it. If anyone can send me a link on how to put this thing, I would appreciate it a lot.

91 318is
                I will email it to you this evening

Comment

I'd like to know:

thanks
                  Hi Alex,

sorry I somehow missed reading your post earlier. The difference between the two chips is not just the rev limit. The different timing and fuel maps in the 93 octane version give it more torque than the 91 octane version. It's noticeable even at part throttle. Yes you will notice more at lower rpms.

Most people notice a slight improvement in gas mileage, but some may notice no change or slightly worse, it all depends on your driving style.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by sirmaxwell View Post
                    would like to know the same thing. And wanted to know if you made a chip for the 84 eta motor because on the website i saw that the chip for the eta is only for the 85-89.
                    If you have a 027 DME in your eta, you can use one of my chips. It will work in the 1984 car if you have the 027 DME. Some 84's have 007 and 021 DME's and those can't easily accept a chip. If you have one of these DME's, just find a 027.

Comment

Mark, has my chip shipped out yet?

Comment

Hello?

Comment

I forgot to post up and say that I received the chip for the M5!

Once I complete a bunch of maintenance, I will do a baseline dyno run and then one with the chip installed and post up the results.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Originally posted by kpeng View Post
                            Hello?
                            Hi Ken,

you should have received your chip about a week ago.

Mark

Comment

Summer is officially over but the sale is still on till Oct 5.

Just go here if you need a chip: http://www3.sympatico.ca/mdsylva/products199.htm

Thanks

MarkD

Comment

are these just genral chips? does it account for headers, full exhaust, intake?

Comment

Working...
                                X