Comment

:)
      8380 Laboratories
      M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Payment sent.

Comment

Originally posted by chance View Post
          Modular hub centric rings? Does this mean I could get the 25mm spacers with hub rings to fit an acura/honda bore wheel?
          NO. You can't I have quoted below my emails a 2 weeks ago between 42DD and myself discussing exactly this.

Cliffs- 42DD only offers modular hub rings on their adapters at this time. They wouldn't even quote me a custom set of compatible spacers with modular rings like the adapters I just bought.

"Can you manufacture wheel spacers with interchangeable centering rings to be compatible with your adapters? (I just got a set and love them BTW)

I was thinking last night that if so I could buy one set of spacers and several sets of rings to use with several sets of wheels instead of having to have multiple sets of spacers sitting around. I understand that the cost would have to increase due to the extra machining required ect.

Thanks,

Erik Rumbaugh
          Nashville, TN"

"Erik,

Unfortunately that design will not work to well on spacers, there is not enough material on most of them and would require a whole new design. You could use different aftermarket center rings for each set of wheel which would essentially do the same thing for a fraction of the cost. You would just need centering rings (not the ones we machine, but ones like tunershop sells that go from 57.1 (our centerbore size) to whatever your aftermarket wheel is.

-John

John Pelton
          Sales & Shipping Manager
          42 Draft Designs
          www.42DraftDesigns.com
          "

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerteck View Post
            You could use different aftermarket center rings for each set of wheel which would essentially do the same thing for a fraction of the cost. You would just need centering rings (not the ones we machine, but ones like tunershop sells that go from 57.1 (our centerbore size) to whatever your aftermarket wheel is.
            Ha, the coincidence of this statement. I JUST spoke to Ethan about this as he double checked my order specs.

Essentially, I ordered a set of adapters:
            4x100 with 57.1 center bore adapting to 5x120 with 57.1 center bore

Keeping the small center bore on the wheel side will give me freedom of using any 5x120 wheel regardless of their center bore size. Then I'd easily just buy sets of centering rings to use in conjunction with the wheel adapters.

Simple and solid.

Comment

Originally posted by BeastCoastE30 View Post
              Ha, the coincidence of this statement. I JUST spoke to Ethan about this as he double checked my order specs.

Essentially, I ordered a set of adapters:
              4x100 with 57.1 center bore adapting to 5x120 with 57.1 center bore

Keeping the small center bore on the wheel side will give me freedom of using any 5x120 wheel regardless of their center bore size. Then I'd easily just buy sets of centering rings to use in conjunction with the wheel adapters.

Simple and solid.

Somewhat simple, not really as solid.

Here's an example. I have several sets of spacers all 57.1 center bore and all set up for 57.1 center bore. Then I get my hands on a set of lightweight wheels for a miata, or a mini that need spacers to clear my brakes. . . My entire drawer already purchased of spacers in no longer useful b/c the center bore on both sets of wheels is smaller that 57.1. ;)

That's the exact reason I'm asking about spacers set up like their adapters are set up.

Comment

NO. You can't I have quoted below my emails a 2 weeks ago between 42DD and myself discussing exactly this.
                i interpreted that question to mean adapters - people (incorrectly) use the term interchangeably fairly often in my experience. even if it he did mean spacers, he didn't really clarify if he wanted spacers for an acura or spacers with hub rings that would fit both a bmw and an acura.

a lot was left up to interpretation there - the safest bet is always to send me an email.
                8380 Laboratories
                M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Originally posted by 8380 Labs View Post
                  i interpreted that question to mean adapters - people (incorrectly) use the term interchangeably fairly often in my experience. even if it he did mean spacers, he didn't really clarify if he wanted spacers for an acura or spacers with hub rings that would fit both a bmw and an acura.

a lot was left up to interpretation there - the safest bet is always to send me an email.
                  Sorry about that. I was excited about these when I posted my question. I was hoping that I could get the 25mm spacers (4x100) with the removable centerbore. The Acura wheels I have are made with a smaller center bore than the BMW wheels. Therefore they will not fit on the e30 hubs.

I didn't realize that only the adapters had the removable centers. I guess ill spend the time this summer and machine my own
                  1991 335is in progress

Comment

My entire drawer already purchased of spacers in no longer useful b/c the center bore on both sets of wheels is smaller that 57.1. ;)
                    Ah, key sentence right there. You're trying to go from a 57.1 to a much smaller center bore. That can prove to be a little difficult. Good luck lol

Comment

Originally posted by chance View Post
                      Sorry about that. I was excited about these when I posted my question. I was hoping that I could get the 25mm spacers (4x100) with the removable centerbore. The Acura wheels I have are made with a smaller center bore than the BMW wheels. Therefore they will not fit on the e30 hubs.

I didn't realize that only the adapters had the removable centers. I guess ill spend the time this summer and machine my own
                      I'll probably have a friend make me a set compatible with their rings for this season, but I'm hoping if enough parties show interest that the guys at 42DD will change their minds, and look into producing them to be compatible with their adapters.

Originally posted by BeastCoastE30 View Post
                      Ah, key sentence right there. You're trying to go from a 57.1 to a much smaller center bore. That can prove to be a little difficult. Good luck lol
                      I just saw an excellent opportunity for 42 Draft designs to really provide some innovative spacers like they have with their adapters. I have no problem getting spacers made that will work, I'm just trying to end the cycle of always seeming to have the wrong set of spacers on hand when fitting new wheels.

Comment

the 42 draft guys are legitimately responsive to feedback - if it's a good idea and there's a demand for it, they'll make it happen.
                        8380 Laboratories
                        M3 Champs Poster

Comment

up!
                          8380 Laboratories
                          M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Great product! I'm in for some 4X100 to 5X120. I will be emailing you shortly with my specs.

Comment

sounds good, we'll be here.
                              8380 Laboratories
                              M3 Champs Poster

Comment

up!
                                8380 Laboratories
                                M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Working...
                                X