Chariot Gauge - Wideband O2, Boost/Vac, Oil pressure, Temp and Voltmeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bimmerboy709 View Post
    That makes sense. I think it's a super good idea I mean your getting 4 gauges in 1 for $50! That is insane! Your the man! How easy is installation? I have an e36 m3 drift car I'm building and I just picked up an iPad (3rd gen) and did some research and found this. I downloaded chariot app and I think it is the coolest thing ever just want to make sure my obd1 boosted m50 is compatible. Also how long (if any) is the delay time for all sensor readings?
    Sounds like you have everything you need! The installation is fairly painless. There are two wires (signal and ground) that connect to your wideband controller, oil pressure sender, temperature sensor (oil, air, or water), and voltmeter - Plus the 12v switched and ground wires to power the controller.

For boost/vacuum you need to T off a vacuum source and connect the vac hose to the onboard map sensors and you're done!

Of course if you wanted you can connect only one of the five sensors or you can connect all five, it's up to you! For a more visual guide see http://www.chariotgauge.com/install-guide-assembled/

Comment

Pushed an update for Android devices yesterday. There were two data-parsing fixes that a couple of users were reporting - those errors should be handled now. There was also a localization issue using comma delimiters when passing the data from the controller to the app on a metric-based device - this is fixed.

I had noticed a couple of errors from Samsung Galaxy s3 phones when a user disconnects from Bluetooth. I'm able to reproduce the error on my own s3 but the error stack is extremely vague. So I did a little bit of searching around and found the s3s are notorious for throwing the error and so far it's been assumed the Bluetooth firmware is a little screwy and hasn't been addressed by Samsung. It shouldn't affect any other portion of the app but if you get a force close when disconnecting from Bluetooth with an S3 there's not a lot I can do. I'll keep an eye out for updates.

A full breakdown of the updates can be found on the May 6 commits here: https://github.com/mikemey01/Chariot...thor=mikemey01

Comment

I've been working on datalogging/charting recently and I think it's coming together pretty well. So far I have a single time series set up, the finished product will allow multiple series on one chart to pit the sensors against each other. The charting library I'm using handles very quick updates so I think it should be ok rendering in real-time as the data becomes available (IE 20 times a second).

Here's a screenshot (random numbers being generated):

Lots more work to do but I'm really excited for this update!

Comment

Whats the possibility that we could get this to connect to a bluetooth head unit with a pop out screen?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyEndo View Post
            Whats the possibility that we could get this to connect to a bluetooth head unit with a pop out screen?
            Right now pretty low unless they make head units that are Android powered and can run apps. I'm always keeping my eyes open for new opportunities but the market of people with smartphones is much larger than those with Bluetooth equipped head units. Would be cool though!

Comment

The data logging/charting update is complete on Android, here's a couple of screenshots (phone on the left, tablet on the right):

You can switch between the gauge view and the chart view at any time from any of the gauges. The chart follows the data as it's available so you get a real-time view. The upper right hand buttons will pause the real-time updates so you can go back and review the historical data.

This will work with any controller that has already been ordered and of course any future orders. The data points are displayed as it's made available by the controller. You can tap on the data points to see what the underlying value is - a small popup message will show for just a moment and the text value at the top will be updated. You can pinch to zoom/expand and all charts support portrait and landscape views.

The next update will allow for recording the data logs and save them to the device. Right now they are "session only" meaning as soon as you navigate away from the chart the data is lost.
              Should be available on Google Play in a couple of hours - onto iOS.

Comment

Here's a video of the charting in action playing with the GoPro:

Comment

Rolled out an update to iOS that added BAR to boost and oil pressure. Had quite a few requests for it from the international users and I didn't want to wait to push out the update until the charting was complete on iOS. Android also was updated to handle BAR - that came with the charting update recently.

I'm not sure how I missed BAR on the pressure gauges initially - any other measurements I should add?

Comment

This may already have been covered but I need to ask it. I just got around to installing my Chariot Gauge system after months of it just sitting around.
                    Is it possible for me to use the OEM oil temp sender located under the m20 oil filter as the temp sender for the gauge? Can I change somrthing in the setting menu to make it work? Right now it just randomly spikes every few seconds and then goes back to 0.

Thanks
                    sigpic
                    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                      This may already have been covered but I need to ask it. I just got around to installing my Chariot Gauge system after months of it just sitting around.
                      Is it possible for me to use the OEM oil temp sender located under the m20 oil filter as the temp sender for the gauge? Can I change somrthing in the setting menu to make it work? Right now it just randomly spikes every few seconds and then goes back to 0.

Thanks
                      Hey man I think we got it covered in PM, let me know if you need any other help!

Comment

Still working on the charting/datalogging for iOS. I've settled on the CorePlot library which happens to be Apple's own for plotting data. It should be able to handle the quick updates in the same way the Android counterpart does.

In other news I finally got around to building a facebook page, I'll probably keep more of the updates there to hopefully reach a broader audience: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chari...7041831?ref=hl

Happy fourth!

Comment

I need to check the sensors, but I'm hoping I can install this on my '05 X3! I'm selling my current e30 but want this for both the X3 and my next e30 project.

Awesome work!!
                          stephenbrody.com

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
                            I need to check the sensors, but I'm hoping I can install this on my '05 X3! I'm selling my current e30 but want this for both the X3 and my next e30 project.

Awesome work!!
                            Hell yeah! I would love to see a controller installed on an X3. Plenty in-stock ready to go when you are!

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Bump. Still working on the charting for iOS - it's coming along pretty good so far. Back in the R/D department we're working on RPM input. Being able to plot RPM against boost/wideband would be pretty huge. More to come..

Comment

Working...
                                X