No announcement yet.

Custom Built & Test Fitted 24v Swap Wire Harnesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am an idiot - can't find these on realoem... looked in both engine and vehicle electrical, and all other sections... help or a pointer anyone?

Awesome product.

Originally posted by e30 power View Post
    Where can I buy just the cover that goes on the firewall at?
    Originally posted by RobertK View Post
    Dealer carries them for around $75-$80 retail + tax for the complete set.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_boy View Post
      I am an idiot - can't find these on realoem... looked in both engine and vehicle electrical, and all other sections... help or a pointer anyone?

Awesome product.

Ecs tuning, they're listed under M3.

Comment

That looks like it, thanks.

I poked around a little more, and FWIW that part shows for the 318, but a different part for the 325 (that I think is NLA) which is why I wasn't finding it.

Also weird... if you click on the part number for the 318 it shows compatibility for the 325.

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post

Comment

Thanks. For reference:

Originally posted by emripires View Post
          Ecs tuning, they're listed under M3.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_boy View Post

The m42 cars used it too.

Comment

do the wiring covers work with engine bay mounted batteries or is a trunk battery conversion required?

Comment

There is a different cover that was used with 90-91 318i convertibles you can get if you do not want to relocate your battery to the trunk though you would have to find a different place for the D100 diagnostic connector.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali//325i View Post
                  do the wiring covers work with engine bay mounted batteries or is a trunk battery conversion required?

Trunk only

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                    There is a different cover that was used with 90-91 318i convertibles you can get if you do not want to relocate your battery to the trunk though you would have to find a different place for the D100 diagnostic connector.
                    Thanks for the heads up Robert. Sorry for the total noob question, but what purpose does the D100 diagnostic connector serve with an OBD2 harness?

Comment

Originally posted by Ali//325i View Post
                      Thanks for the heads up Robert. Sorry for the total noob question, but what purpose does the D100 diagnostic connector serve with an OBD2 harness?
                      You can either use a factory tool, Peake reader or an OBD2 -> 20 pin adapter for programming as the generic OBD2 port on early cars did not have programming functionality only basic read functions.

Comment

PM'ed

Comment

PM sent!
                          E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

An Associate/Bachelors degree is America's most overrated product

Comment

Been a busy summer everyone. Finally caught up on orders and back to the 5-7 day wait period. Thanks for everyone that has ordered and been patient with us.

Comment

I would be in for one for our 1989 325i swapped with a 1995 s50 obd I.

I wish i had saw this before purchasing the garagistic adapter, noobie question but does it take the place of the garagistic adapter.

What would be the turnaround time in the next following weeks

Comment

Working...
                              X