Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BACK IN STOCK! The SSSquidBoard - Inexpensive dual tune switching for M50/M52/S50/S52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BACK IN STOCK! The SSSquidBoard - Inexpensive dual tune switching for M50/M52/S50/S52

***UPDATED DESIGN!***

Thank you all, because of your great support I have sold out of the first batch of these. But don't worry! I have more on the way. Estimated availability: April 18th, 2014

The SSSquidBoard is a great piece of hardware for those of you looking to run two separate tunes in your E34 or E36 413 DME for situations like track days, smog testing, valet/shop security, fuel economy, octane switching, etc! What it does is allows you to install two chips within one single ECU and choose between which one you want to run.

Install a performance tune in one slot for track days with higher octane, and the stock chip in the other slot for lower octane and daily driving; or get a valet mode tune in one slot to limit RPM and speed, and your race car tune in the other because race car. Quickly switch to a stock tune when putting your car through smog testing and never have to worry about anything looking out of place, then switch easily back to your performance tune as soon as you leave the shop with a crisp new “PASSED” sticker on your windshield. Never have to worry about a gas station having the correct octane on a road trip by easily switching back and forth between tunes with the flick of a switch. Heading to the dyno and need to compare two different setups? Not a problem!

Simply run the cable from your ECU to any mounting position of your choice, and hide the switch easily in your cabin with the included incognito black waterproof molded cover.

Unlike other products, you aren't limited to just my tunes, you can put whatever you want in there! Have a Conforti or Dinan or whatever other brand you want to use instead of anything from me? It doesn't discriminate!

An example with a stock M50 chip and a SSSquid M50 Chip for 800 HFMAF upgrade

A video showing it working:

Includes:
    • SSSquidBoard
    • Choice of up to two tunes
    • 4ft cable with switch and waterproof cover

Limited runs, and it will sell out quickly! Some easy modification needed to install it into the ECU, but PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

Link to website: http://sssquid.com/v2/shop/bmw/sssquidboard-v1/

Link to installation video: http://vimeo.com/90806654
    Last edited by squidmaster; 05-29-2015, 05:50 PM.

This is awesome...do you have tunes available for the S52 yet?

Comment

A fucking + for being awesome and selling cool shit like this!

Comment

Originally posted by gkurey View Post
        This is awesome...do you have tunes available for the S52 yet?
        Yup yup!

Give me a PM and let me know what you need :)
        Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
        :pimp: thanks!

Comment

So what is the total price for obd1 S52 stage 1 93 octane tune with the switching board and a valet mode? What is the price if the second tune is stage 1 91 octane instead of valet?

Any dynos yet on your S52 tunes?

Thanks,
          Gavin

Comment

$270 shipped for either setup After discounts.

Working on getting dynos. Everything is street tuned for driveability and power.

Comment

M20 version in the works?

Comment

I need this for my car, just because of someone I occasionally let drive it...
                88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                  +1 Still patiently waiting. Appreciate the dedication.

Comment

Originally posted by TSI View Post
                    M20 version in the works?
                    Soon :shady:

Originally posted by matthugie View Post
                    I need this for my car, just because of someone I occasionally let drive it...
                    Haha that would be perfect! I can set a little higher rev limit than the valet just so they can still merge.

Originally posted by essi1553 View Post
                    +1 Still patiently waiting. Appreciate the dedication.
                    Waiting?

Comment

I'm thinking I'll be one of the first to hop on this...PM sent!

Comment

I've already sold three ;)

Comment

Awww, oh well. I guess I'll just join the rest of the map-switching masses!

Comment

this is the coolest idea ever. nice work, will be getting one in the near future

Comment

With this board work with an s50 506 ecu?

Comment

Working...
                              X