No announcement yet.

Massive e30 rear race kit coming soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kit is designed to accept a bolt-on steel drum/ring. This steel add-on is already designed and will be produced after the first batch of rear kits is sold to racers.
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by mazur View Post
      OMG....this is awesome. Those stock rear brakes are just embarrasing.

And who uses their e-brake anyway?
      I do. :)

Massive, what are your thoughts on a setup like yours with a hydraulic ebrake?
      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

An hydraulic rear ebrake is exactly what I would suggest to racers. Either a simple line lock (costs about $40) for keeping the car from moving when parked, or a rally hydraulic handbrake for drifters or rally cars. The extensive use of the rear handbrake in rally and drifting is one of the reasons that dictated me to design a kit with massive 11.75" x 1.25" thick rotors. Drifters and rally cars use the rear brakes way more than most racers. The thickness of the rotors will greatly help evacuate heat. The stainless steel pistons in the Superlite calipers will also ensure that way less heat reaches the brake fluid, as stainless is a caloric insulator.While aluminum pistons (found in certain calipers) will transmit heat directly to the fluid.

I talked to a few rally drivers, and they let me know that Rally cars have about 50% more rear bias than race cars. Rally drivers use the back end to steer the car and need to upset it under braking. This past weekend, I tested a similar kit on my 2002 and increased the rear bias by a lot, just for testing, while instructing at a driver school in Calabogie Motorsport Park. Even though I am usually delighted to slide my car in corners (2002s have no power, so Moe Mentum is your best friend), I found that the Rally setting was just too scary for me.. He, he.

Here is a shot of my rear 2002 kit with thinner 0.81" rotors in 15" wheels. As far as I know, it is the only rear kit for those cars in the world, using two-piece rotors and 4 pistons calipers. That's a lot of brake, but not having to worry about brakes during an event, and having them on demand when you need them is worth gold when racing... That's why I prefer to over-design those kits.

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
        I do. :)

Massive, what are your thoughts on a setup like yours with a hydraulic ebrake?
        Last edited by Massive Lee; 10-15-2007, 06:11 AM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Sounds very interesting. Do you have experience with hydraulic ebrakes? I'm concerned for brake pedal feel while using the ebrake.
          EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

Feedback Thread

Comment

I have no personal experience with hydraulic ebrakes. I did study what several manufacturers have to offer, as well as kits for sale. Basically, you must install, the prop valve in serie with the ebrake master cylinder. From the front, the prop valve goes first, then the emergency hydraulic master. some kits allow to use the stock ebrake handle (without the clicking device of course).

A quick google (rally hydraulic brake) has bring this.

I am not related.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Hmmm... Seems easy to fabricate... The one shown here is reversible and available at rally design in the UK.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

for those of you who were interested in ths thread, the new sale thread is here.
                Kits are currently shipping. Other new products also available if you have an e36 or e46...

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Can you manufacture that hydraulic ebrake? Need a test mule? :)

Feedback Thread

Comment

If I had time, it would indeed be easy to make an hydraulic ebrake. But the reality is that there are also other projects I have to start or even finish, first. The rear 13" kit for e46 M3, front 13" kit for e24-e28-e34, some Subaru WRX front kits I was asked to make by friends/owners (the stock Brembo brakes suck big time for track use - those are designer calipers) etc.

There are tons of suppliers for those kits. I don't think the market needs another one.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Pricing still cannot be justified. Too many things precede it still. But that's a problem on my side.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Isn't this going to totally fuck up the brake bias on the E30. I don't see the E30 needing that much rear bias.
                        I'm not familiar with Rally cars and the brake bias on them though.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Why would it disturb the brake bias?. This is a race kit, for those who already have a front kit. Rear caliper pistons are sized appropriately, and a bias valve will do the fine tuning. My 2002 race car has a similar kit. Stock e46 M3s have 13" rotors at both ends.

Not having any sliding calipers in the brake system will greatly enhance pedal feel. I know that some of the members here would suggest that the stock brakes are totally appropriate, and I will not convince them otherwise. Others want to improve their brakes.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Working...
                          X