No announcement yet.

SOLID motor / tranny mount GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May I suggest shimming the CSB down 1/4" to compensate for the lower engine/trans mounts? This would level out the driveshaft to the diff and cut the angle in half, greatly reducing any stress that may take place.
    E30 M3 guys run 740il motor mounts (due to cost) and they are 1/4" lower. You then shim the trans and CSB down to compensate, so reported issues.
    '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
    '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
    '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
    iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
    sigpic

Comment

That's what I figured I would do, depending on how much angle I saw on the car when installed.

Good info Ryan, and always a pleasure looking at your sig too. :p

- Erick
      KO Performance
      www.koperformance.com
      email - sales@koperformance.com
      miami office - 786-264-1684

Genuine BMW parts - Best Price Guarantee to your door!

sigpic

4 quickest response 2 questions, email us, or post in our threads, as opposed 2 using PMs.
      Originally posted by Restoman
      SOB why does KO have to have such good deals.

Comment

oh dear!

Comment

If there are any issues with the angle during testing, I will be sure to test some of the recommendations given. I'm hedging my bets on there being little to no problems with the drop we're talking.

Just did a little math, and the angle, if a new factory mount is indeed at 0 degrees, would be increased to 1.102 degrees, which is IMO, not an awfully great amount. When you consider rubbers compression, as well as the amount of sagging that happens to a rubber mount over a 5 year period. You are more than likely looking at close to the same .5" drop in height that you'd see from my LCG mount.

Comment

interested...

Every day I wake up we drink a lot of coffee and watch the CNN
            Every day I wake up to a bowl of clover honey and let the locusts fly in.
            Lobsterbacks attack the town again
            Wrap all my things in aluminum
            Beams of darkness streak across the sky
            Pink rays from the ancient satellite
            Every time I look out my window same three dogs looking back at me.
            Every time I open my windows cranes fly in to terrorize me.

Comment

Originally posted by e30frosh View Post
              interested...
              GB ends feb 15th, so you've all go time to make up your mind

I will Also knock off 10$ motor mount sets, making the motor mounts 85$ shipped if you enter the Group buy.

Comment

GB ends in 10 days. No deposit necessary, however you should be serious if you want on the list. PM me, or post to this thread if you want to be put on the list. only 5 sets necessary to fullfill the GB quota.

Comment

GB ends in 3 days!!!

Comment

i just bought a set of solids from jack money @ elephant motorsports.

but if you make some solids for 24v swaps i'd be all over them like a stripper on a dollar bill
                    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                      i just bought a set of solids from jack money @ elephant motorsports.

but if you make some solids for 24v swaps i'd be all over them like a stripper on a dollar bill
                      This is no doubt my next project, when I get some precious free time. The next group buy will include m5x/s5x swap mounts in the mix, but might not be for a bit.

Comment

im a machinist and sorry to say but those parts look like they were made on a manuel lathe. they arent polished or anything. your charging 85 for a set of 10 dollar pieces of aluminum that take 15 mins to make and bolts from a hardware store.

but on another note. what kind of havoc would soild mounts reak on a daily driver ?

Comment

And by the time you buy the stock yourself then pay for machine time, its now costing you what eh?

i honestly dont know why people reply like this, if you can do better, why bother even posting? make it yourself and be happy you saved $50.
                          Just a little project im working on
                          - http://www.lse30.com -

Comment

Machining or manufacturing something that is sellable is not easy, not matter what it is.

Anyone who has ever tried to take an idea and turn it into a product has probably discovered how much is really involved. Even for something "simple" or small.

I have a lot of respect for the inventers and "makers" out there in the world.

-John Paul
                            KO Performance
                            www.koperformance.com
                            email - sales@koperformance.com
                            miami office - 786-264-1684

Genuine BMW parts - Best Price Guarantee to your door!

sigpic

4 quickest response 2 questions, email us, or post in our threads, as opposed 2 using PMs.
                            Originally posted by Restoman
                            SOB why does KO have to have such good deals.

Comment

Working...
                            X