Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Group Buy: M42 MarkD (chip now in testing, GB still pending)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off topic, I emailed Mark about an eta chip not too long ago, and have gotten no reply. Anyone know the best way to get a hold of him?

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed88
      Off topic, I emailed Mark about an eta chip not too long ago, and have gotten no reply. Anyone know the best way to get a hold of him?
      I think you sent that email about 4 days back? Is your name Trevor? I have a small email backlog right now. I'll try to respond in the next few days.

Mark
      URL: www.dsylva-tech.ca

Comment

Originally posted by MarkD
        I think you sent that email about 4 days back? Is your name Trevor? I have a small email backlog right now. I'll try to respond in the next few days.

Mark
        That might have been me, I was asking about a m60 chip though.
        Trevor Ely
        '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
        '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm3n528

Mark
          That might have been me, I was asking about a m60 chip though.
          Some guy named Trevor asked about an eta chip with a high rev.limit so that wasn't you. I can not find an email regarding an m60 chip, but I get lots of email. Can you please send it again, or at least send your email address so I can search for it. If I don't find it, I'll PM and tell you.

Mark
          URL: www.dsylva-tech.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
            Originally posted by Mystikal
            I think that is because there were not a lot of those motors built, so the market for products is smaller. That's where I figured I can now find a small niche... chips for BMW models that have now been forgottten by the bigger companies, or versions that take advantage of 93 octane.
            MarkD
            Yeah, after I bugged you with the idea for months. :P
            But now the chip has been tried out and there's no real interest in it.
            Rob tested it on the dyno, but a dyno does not easily show the improvement in drivability and part throttle response. The OWT test on the dyno indicated about 5 hp moere than stock, but I bet it's better than that.
            MarkD
            Yeah, looks like there really is no market in E30 owners. Sad, really.
            Sometimes I bet it sucks dealing with all of us, but even if the dyno didn't turn out the way one could want or like, from Rob's review it sounds better than JC.

And the 93 octane M20 definately is stronger than JC, and IMO, could be a good sole engine mod for the engine. No 19# BS, no M30, no headers.....just get the chip and be done. It feels great and is so much of a better engine to drive, not just more power. (And I'm working on getting a dyno appointment, only the shop's owner's Skyline got stolen, so it's a little bit of a bad time......)

If somehow the word could be passed along to the older people, like running E30s at the track, that'd be great as they could see the significant improvement, for a cost that is not major for them. Hell, even this 60yo customer of mine has a chip in his wife's 00 325xi, so not just youngsters are needing chips.....so somehow get the word out past the few kids who can buy the kid and a whole lot of cheap teenagers who cannot. The market may suck, but it's larger than just teens on forums......and perhaps people could convince them having a good chip that makes their engine more than it was before is more important than intakes or exhausts that don't do anything. But good luck with that.

Comment

Yeah, sorry about that...not trying to confuse you, anyway...you already answered my question regarding the chip for the M Technik 540i.
              Trevor Ely
              '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
              '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Working...
              X