Alcantara Steering Wheel Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcantara Steering Wheel Cover

Folks have been asking me to cover steering wheels in Alcantara for a long time, but they never came out that great, mostly due to bunching on the inside of the wheel. Plus I wanted to come up with something customers can install on their own.

I've been working on this new design for a while. It avoids the crumpling, at the expense of using a lot of material. So downside is cost (Alcantara is expensive stuff). Best I can do for these are $95 shipped.

Hope you like em, hope you buy em!

Cheers,
    Rob
    A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do- Walter Gagehot

The first pic of the black one looks awful. Is that how the final product will look with all the crumpling?

Comment

No, just yours

Comment

Can you do them in other materials? my mtech1 is wearing down, but i dont have any alcantra elsewhere in the car

Comment

Thats sweet!!

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
          1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen027 View Post
            Can you do them in other materials? my mtech1 is wearing down, but i dont have any alcantra elsewhere in the car
            Sure could, and price would drop a bit too depending what you're looking for ($75 for leather). Let me know what you're thinking of. I've got most any leather color you could think of - Black leather, ///M, patent/metallic, tan, modena/cinnamon, etc. And most any Alcantara or microfiber. And vinyl too.

Comment

Well the "theme" of my interior right not is Black and Perf. Black. If you could do one with both that would be Awesome, otherwise Just a straight black leather of Black vinyl would fit the bill

Comment

Well the "theme" of my interior right not is Black and Perf. Black. If you could do one with both that would be Awesome, otherwise Just a straight black leather of Black vinyl would fit the bill
                I don't have any perforated black vinyl, but could do the wheel cover in black vinyl for $60, or black leather for $75.

HTH, Rob

Comment

Alright cool. Is this an ongoing thing? I wouldn't need it till around December or so

Comment

Alright cool. Is this an ongoing thing? I wouldn't need it till around December or so
                    Absolutely no hurry. Whenever you want it, I'm here.

Comment

Alright, good to know. I might be ordering in a while. How do you put it on?

Comment

Alright, good to know. I might be ordering in a while. How do you put it on?
                        It is pre-punched with holes and needs to be laced on around the inside of the wheel (I can provide thread).

Alternatively, I have a spare Mtech1 wheel and could cover it and send it (with core charge and refund when you send your old one back)

Comment

Originally posted by rscheiring View Post
                          It is pre-punched with holes and needs to be laced on around the inside of the wheel (I can provide thread).

Alternatively, I have a spare Mtech1 wheel and could cover it and send it (with core charge and refund when you send your old one back)
                          That might work best, im sure you could do a better job, but we'll see

Comment

do you do M-TechII wheels if so any pics I Dont have one yet but someday want one to match that shift and e-brake boot you did for me, which by the way looks fucking awsome, great work.
                            :up:

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier View Post
                              do you do M-TechII wheels if so any pics I Dont have one yet but someday want one to match that shift and e-brake boot you did for me, which by the way looks fucking awsome, great work.
                              :up:
                              I could and would love to, but need an MtechII wheel in hand to make a prototype for (its smaller than the mtech1, plus has the wider hand grip area).

Comment

Working...
                              X