No announcement yet.

CNC Machining Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wuld it be possible to get one in steel instead of aluminum? I want a heavy knob for my Z4 lever.

Must have a set-screw too.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

steel would be great, that first sketch, i really dont like, no offense, it's too round. id say make it closer to the RK3 that is the ideal knob for a lot of people, so is it possible to do steel, and make it heavy? what would the price be around for a steel "RK3" shaped knob in black annodized steel with the 5 speed pattern engraved?
      Dan

Comment

yeah, you cheap bastards will get your set screw, don't worry.

Comment

haha, what about the other questions?
          Dan

Comment

I'd be more than happy to put a deposit down assuming your sketches look god. One w/"R3v" in it would be cool as well, either way.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Wasnt implying you'd directly copy the shapes. Just didnt want to see anyone get in trouble.

Have fun guys.
              Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by DanGillan
                what would the price be around for a steel "RK3" shaped knob in black annodized steel with the 5 speed pattern engraved?
                Ditto.

You can count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                  what would the price be around for a steel "RK3" shaped knob in black annodized steel with the 5 speed pattern engraved?
                  Ditto.

You can count me in.
                  the price would have to be pretty damn reasonable, the steel RK3 is calling my name if this doesnt happen, its not relatevely expensive, plus its lighted, let us know about the price and I will most likely be in, ill put a deposit down when I see the sketch, and ill pay when I see the final product. let us know
                  Dan

Comment

steel would be great, that first sketch, i really dont like, no offense, it's too round. id say make it closer to the RK3 that is the ideal knob for a lot of people, so is it possible to do steel, and make it heavy? what would the price be around for a steel "RK3" shaped knob in black annodized steel with the 5 speed pattern engraved?
                    I agree, this one is too round.
                    It is possible to do steel (stainless) but I don't like the stuff, so I would have to charge time and material rather than a flat rate. The knob will end up silver too, not black- fairly shiny, but not polished.

Comment

rather than charging time and material, can you just design it, figure out material costs and time it would take, then make a flat rate out of that? keep us updated. thanks man,
                      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by chrisd
                        I agree, this one is too round.
                        It is possible to do steel (stainless) but I don't like the stuff, so I would have to charge time and material rather than a flat rate. The knob will end up silver too, not black- fairly shiny, but not polished.
                        No way to make the steel knob black?

Comment

No way to make the steel knob black?

Actually, I think that powdercoating would actuallly be the best idea. It'd be about $30 or so.

Comment

good idea.... powdercoating would be a good idea. let us know when you make more sketches and come up with a price for steel. thanks again man, im very interested in this if you cant tell already, so HURRY UP ;) :D thanks man,
                            Dan

Comment

hmm id be interested too, for a nice heavy steel knob, depending on price of course.
                              ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

OK, I'll do steel too. As you guys know, steel is cheap,stainless is a bit more but stainless doesn't require any finish. It is also fairly hard to get mild steel to have any kind of a decently smooth finish on it.

(Then there's titanium, go to uuc for that. I've machined plenty and I'm pretty tired of it.)

Comment

Working...
                                X