CNC Machining Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CNC Machining Services

I will make you parts from any half-decent dimensioned drawing or solidworks model. I do this on the side at work - I run a machine shop in Oakland CA for an engineering firm.
    Also available: Plating, Painting (of parts), Powdercoating, Anodizing, etc.
    Rates: $30/hr for CNC programming + 1.25*Material costs + Run time @ $30/hr This means that quantity discounts are IMMEDIATE and aluminum parts are cheaper than steel, because Al machines so much faster.
    Firm price quotes given when I see a drawing.
    I will post pics soon of some of our custom machine work.
    Sorry, no custom wheels. You can't afford them.

Chris Daniel

What would an aluminum shift knob run? Say, something similar to UUC's RK2?

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

i be down for a cheap AL knob as well, maybe skinnier than the UUC offering? i dunno
      BEERTECH

Comment

Oooohhh... maybe anodized black? That'd be hawwwwwt, w/the shift pattern machined in the top afterwards so it's natural aluminum?

EDIT: Kinda like this.

Only w/the shift pattern actually machined into the top, not on an insert.[/img]

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

how much would a small plug to cover the antenna hole run?
          it just needs to fit the same as the antenna and stick up .5 inch at the most.

Comment

What file formats can you work with?

IGES? DXF?

I work with Autodesk Inventor R7.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
            https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

file formats

Originally posted by Jordan
              What file formats can you work with?
              IGES? DXF?
              I work with Autodesk Inventor R7.
              MOST preferred: solidworks, as noted... but STEP, parasolid (x_t), IGES are all excellent. If you have the capabilty, provide tolerances too. (even just hand-draw on a printout of your model.)

Comment

Shift knobs

I would love to make some shift knobs.
                Black anodizing will only add a couple bucks, and I can machine a shift pattern into the top for all of you that can't remember it (j/k).
                Aluminum is definitely the way to go.
                I need about 10 people to make the anodizing reasonably priced. I would be happy to take names and a $5.00 deposit, but I'll get started drawing it up soon and will post screenshots before expecting any $$. Does anyone have the time to pull theirs and give me the ID of the hole in the bottom, and the depth, and is there a set screw? I've never taken mine off.

Jordan: Have you drawn one up already?

Who wants 'r3vlimited" on theirs? (assuming I have permission from Jordan to do so.)

For a knob just under 2"dia (this would be the normal one):
                Price would be about $30.00 + shipping in anodized black or silver, add $5.00 for shift pattern or other engraving. Add $60 for any other color :)

For anything over 2"dia, $50.00 +ship because I can't make it out of normal sized bar that auto-feeds througn the lathe.

please give me questions and comments!

Comment

id be down for a knob in black annodized with a shift pattern, i'd do the deposit thing, but only after I saw the picture first. In my opinion, the shape of the RK3 is much nicer than the RK2. I think a combination between the shape of the RK3 and the VSR "Wild" knob would be the ideal shape... here's pics of the two i think could be combined into a really nice shaped knob.

combined with....

those shapes combined (sort of) in black annodized alluminum, with the gear pattern engraved (no r3vlimited engraving for me) would be my ideal knob. Anyone agree? or post other ideas!
                  Dan

Comment

I really don't like the VSR knob.

Would it be possible to just copy the RK3, anodized black with the patter etched, of course? I'd be down for one.

Would it come with a set-screw and everything for mounting?
                    Originally posted by Gruelius
                    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                      I really don't like the VSR knob.

Would it be possible to just copy the RK3, anodized black with the patter etched, of course? I'd be down for one.

Would it come with a set-screw and everything for mounting?
                      You've never held one.... ;)

Just a warning, be careful what and how you replicate knobs...... Not to be a prick but both VSR & UUC are closely tied together, and well I can assure you neither would take kindly to 'knock-off' knobs being produced.
                      Below the radar...

Comment

yea, that's why i said to make a combination of both, that way, neither is being made into a "knock-off" i saw the VSR knob in chris's car, and liked it a lot, i think it combined with the rounder shape of the RK3 would be perfect. as I said in the previous post
                        Dan

Comment

Just a warning, be careful what and how you replicate knobs...... Not to be a prick but both VSR & UUC are closely tied together, and well I can assure you neither would take kindly to 'knock-off' knobs being produced.
                          I would never. All design work will be based on personal preference. There are only so many shapes for a comfortable shift knob, but I don't _want_ mine to be like anyone else's.

Here's my first sketch:

I think the top needs a little flatting off for the shift pattern. I'll keep at it and make a couple protos.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
                            You've never held one.... ;)
                            I'm sure they feel great (or else they wouldn't sell). I just don't really care for how they look.

Originally posted by UNHCLL
                            Hmmm... I guess it's time to comence "Operation Get As Close to Copying the UUC Knob Without Infringing Copyright"
                            Originally posted by Gruelius
                            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

can you copyright a shape?

i'll take whatever, black, with the shift pattern in it. for cheap. with a set screw
                              BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                              X