Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christoble aka www.TopSpeedPerformance.net DO NOT BUY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great seller:pimp:

Christoble or anything relating to www.TopSpeedPerformance.net

Ill try and keep this quick:

Paid for an E34 oil pan back on April 27th. I never received a tracking number or shipping confirmation from him. I was out of town on business and assumed it would be waiting for me when I returned home. I returned home nearly a month later only to find no oil pan. I sent a PM only to have no response for nearly a week or two, when he finally got back to me he gave me this line:

"The oil pan was returned to me yesterday. what is your correct address? Let me know as soon as you can so I can resend it."

Which is a complete load, since payment was via paypal with verified address. Either way I PMed and emailed my address only to wait another month and hear nothing. I requested a refund of my money only to receive a snide remark in return.

I followed up through paypal and it was past their 45 day protection period. My fault for waiting so long to challenge it. Lesson learned on my end to be so trusting.

Heads up to anyone looking to purchase from him/them.
    www.PatrickMizenko.com
    www.TheRealtorsAdvantage.com

Comment

Farkin'! I'm in the EXACT same situation with this guy. Even got the same "parts sent back to me" line.

I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt for a long time now (like 4 months)...but clearly this guy and Top Speed Performance & Fabrication (topspeedparts on ebay, Winterville) are a fraud. I'm down a significant sum of money too.

I'm really dissapointed to hear this is a pretty clear cut con...first bad transaction I've had through R3V.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY!!!!
      Last edited by Drew325is; 08-31-2009, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I am about 3 hours away from these douche bags. Let me see if I could pressure these guys through local community.

Comment

Would be great to see the community get a result for myself and P.Miz...at least make sure no one else gets stung by these guys. It's a shame someone has to come along and take advantage of the good will amongst members here.

Comment

I agree with Drew. I felt like a baby crying about it at first, since I am not the only one that has been stung it helps ease the pain a bit. Id say we keep an eye out for them posting up again and bomb their thread. I would really hate to see someone else get burned by these guys.

Keep an eye out for any names referring to that topspeedperformance.net site. I didn't realize the guy was shop affiliated until the I saw the paypal was linked to it.
            www.PatrickMizenko.com

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to buy a radiator from them.
              I hope this gets resolved, and you guys get your money or parts back.
              Good Luck,
              Danny

88 ///M3 - Zinno street/shop queen
              88 ///M3 - Henna Track rat (Sold)
              98 ///M3 hellrot - Sold
              89 Porsche 944 - dd
              95 E34 525it/pick up - P/U Project
              90 325is - track rat

Comment

Originally posted by P.Miz™ View Post
                Christoble or anything relating to www.TopSpeedPerformance.net

Ill try and keep this quick:

Paid for an E34 oil pan back on April 27th. I never received a tracking number or shipping confirmation from him. I was out of town on business and assumed it would be waiting for me when I returned home. I returned home nearly a month later only to find no oil pan. I sent a PM only to have no response for nearly a week or two, when he finally got back to me he gave me this line:

"The oil pan was returned to me yesterday. what is your correct address? Let me know as soon as you can so I can resend it."

Which is a complete load, since payment was via paypal with verified address. Either way I PMed and emailed my address only to wait another month and hear nothing. I requested a refund of my money only to receive a snide remark in return.

I followed up through paypal and it was past their 45 day protection period. My fault for waiting so long to challenge it. Lesson learned on my end to be so trusting.

Heads up to anyone looking to purchase from him/them.

IMHO, it sounds like he screwed up and he's not taking any responsibility, OR both of these buyers are lying (which doesn't sound likely).

Unless the shipper specifically requests a signature and pays for this service, or the shipment is insured for certain amount (over $500 IIRC), UPS and Fedex will leave it without a signature. If this guy really did ship the oil pan and have it returned for a bad address, he would have a tracking number to provide to the buyer that would show this via their online tracking. If he won't or can't provide a tracking number then he never shipped it.

My advice to Chris is to get this shit nipped in the bud, or he will end up like a long list of other "enthusiasts" who start a shop and fail miserably.

If you can't pull/pack/ship parts in a timely manner, then pay someone to help you get it done or stop selling parts until you have them boxed up and ready to ship.

If you promptly reply to every email/PM from a potential buyer before they buy your parts, then you stop replying after you have their money, people have the right to assume that you're up to no good- so don't do it. If you really do ship something and it gets damaged or lost or returned for one reason or another, don't puss out and say "not my fault"- do everything reasonable to make it right- it's not going to cost you much if anything and your reputation will grow as a good seller who does things the right way.

JudasPriest Francis, how hard is this?????????????

Comment

Big thanks to everyone on here for the support.

I have already considered it a loss, if I get my money back or an oil pan magically shows up at my door then all the better.

My goal is/has been to inform the masses.
                  www.PatrickMizenko.com

Comment

+1 for the support and for taking a look at this thread.

Chris, if you're any sort of decent business operator, man up and give us an explanation of how you're going to make this right. I'm sure any future customers of yours would be interested to see how you handle this.

Comment

Update...looks like the same guy is using the username "topseed1" on e30tech, and also has some bad feedback there:

Comment

next time I drive south, I'll stop by there and make sure to talk to someone. What a piece of shit not to man up.

Comment

Man would be very interesting to find out in person WTF is going on with this guy...so if you manage to, I'll be your number 1 fan!

Looks like the username on bimmerforums is "easyspeed"...all the same stuff is listed for sale over there too.

Comment

wow, Drew, impressive research!
                            www.PatrickMizenko.com

Comment

So time for an update I think...

On the 2nd Sept Chris sent me a polite pm about all this, expressing his concern over it all and his intent to make right. On the 3rd Sept he promised me a refund, and I promised that should the parts turn up I'd pay him....5 days later...still nothing. Sent him a pm on the 5th...no reply. I'd be happy if he'd just make good on at least one of his promises (i.e. my parts to turn up, or the refund). The bottom line is more than 4 months and no parts, and no promised refund. 2 minutes on paypal a few days ago would've got us a lot closer to sorting this mess out.

Comment

Working...
                              X