This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
    Also, can we just be clear that at this point I am a liaison between my company and Lee. I sold the kit, my company installed it, my customer is requesting that company uninstall it now and I'm stuck in the middle. I asked Lee for HELP in my first message and I got two responses with nothing helpful in them. Now, I'm out a LOT of money and have an entire company on my back and Lee has nothing to offer except some some attitude.
    What happened to original pieces, should n't take but 2 hours tops to swap out setup then. Unfortunately your brake kit will have not been sold. Purchaser should also have been aware he was buying a USED brake system and shop should not be held accountable for it unless told otherwise IMO.

Instead of PM'ing why didn't you call Lee? Seems this could have been done faster via phone then waiting for a response to a pm.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink
      Brandon is your customer, not the current owner. IMHO since the original buyer sold them you are technically off the hook, BUT you could be a stand up guy.
      And he admitted they were fine when on his car.

Comment

i know it's been discussed/eluded to.... but as a thought experiment....

If i purchased a brand new brake kit from Massive, sat on it for a while, then sold it to another forum member.... why should Massive warranty it? Just because it was brand new? There are Terms & Conditions for a reason, and usually warranty only applies to the original purchaser.

Then again, there were many avenues to explore with replacement outer rotors. You could have saved time, saved a customer... then dealt with reimbursement/exchange later.
        Originally posted by FredK
        However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
        Feedback

Comment

They were new correct, rotors but not the entire system. The shop bedded the rotors, might there have been a chance they didn't come out right? Warped maybe but why not just give the run out measurements or do a flat edge to show something.

I don't think a phone call is unreasonable, I had an issue with a vendors product here, that most of us support except for maybe one. I called left a message he called right back and said if I wasn't happy he would drop ship a new one. But after cleaning a brand new oem piece I decided not to wait.

Comment

Okay guys. I kinda pitty Brandon for being caught between the anvil and the hammer and thinking that pretending to be an approved distributor is easy. Can the new owner (not Brandon) contact me at massivebrakes@gmail.com and tell me how much the run-out is. I want pictures of the installed kit, and the description of the events that lead to the elusive "shimmy". What pads were used, how the bedding in was performed, what kind of car (mods), rear pads, what type of driving (street, HPDE, racing). Without a detailed explanation, I can't help. And "the customer is always right", nor the "15 year experience", simply don't float my boat. From there, I will see what can be done.

And BTW, just as an insight. My profit on each $75.00 rotor is $15.00, so don't expect a big break at dealer cost... Otherwise, Wilwood makes a similar disc but without the fancy directional vanes. And it costs $115 each.

Rotor No: 160-10358, rotor, rotors, carbon ceramic, carbon ceramic rotors, iron rotors, steel rotors, rotor hats, directional vane, staggered, straight vane, srp drilled, disc rotor, drum rotor, internal parking brake, steel rotors, aluminum rotors, bedding, bedding-in, mounting, mount
            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Lee has offered nothing but sarcasm and a fu*k you attitude. That is stupid in private and almost suicidal for a small business in a public forum.
              Please point me to where sarcasm and fuck you attitude was expressed in this thread. I have been to the point in every single post.

If you are speaking about politic or religious topics, then please allow me to whisper in your ear : More sarcasm. More attitude. Life is tough out there. And you must stand up for your convictions.
              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

No massive for me. Lost my business

Comment

I'll buy from UUC.

Comment

Quoted before you realize your foolishness.

One need look no further than this post or every post in this thread to find the attitude to which I refer.

You are an anti American a@s. Thanks for showing your true unprofesssional colors.

I assure you this thread has and will cost you sales.

Have a nice day.
                    where has he said anything anti american?
                    Brian Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by briansjacobs View Post
                      LMAO- my brother (the accountant turned lawyer) is a horrible business person, so I will say some of us a good, others not so much! But atleast he kept the stereotypes alive by hitting both accountant and lawyer, while I was in banking.
                      None of you in the movie business?

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by briansjacobs View Post
                        where has he said anything anti american?
                        It was way before you joined.

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I'll be enjoying my Massive Brake kits long after this thread has died.

You guys need to grill Rob at UUC about his political leanings, although if he's smart he'll just tell you what you want to hear. At least Lee stands by his beliefs, no matter how unpopular they are.

And as far as standing behind his product? No question in my mind, Lee's there for legitimate problems.
                          1973 Bavaria

Comment

With the exception of a few posters, what a bunch of fucking five year olds in this thread.

Now we are missing some facts, such as did the customer immediately return to the shop after picking up his car because of the vibration? Was the braking system tested and bedded in before the car left the shop? How do we know the customer didnt leave his foot on the brake pedal when the car was stopped and the brakes were hot creating deposits?

If the guy that works at the shop would have properly bed in the pads for the customer (I imagine he did) and a vibration was noticed, (which it would have been if there was a problem) he could have contacted Lee for a resolution and I am sure Lee would have been happy to work with him.

Instead, the customer was given the car in working condition and brings it back with a vibration. The shop asks for new rotors.

SO

lets recap.

Brakes installed with new rotors on customers car.
                            Braking system was tested and pads were bedded in (I would hope the shop would do this!!! but who knows)
                            Customer was given the car in working order with no vibration (Again, I assume/hope this was the case)
                            Customer has the car for a while and brings it back with a vibration.
                            Shop calls Lee and tells them to send new rotors because they are defective.
                            No runout measurements, no proof, AND the car was fine when it left the shop.
                            Shop employee is mad when Lee rightfully so does not send the rotors
                            Shop employee cries about it on the internet.

If this situation changes whether or not you will buy a kit from Lee then WOW

Yes sometimes a company has to listen to the customer and take a hit, but this is not one of them. From the info given thus far it is either the shops fault for giving the customer a car with a vibration, or the customer for abusing the brakes.

Comment

^^^^^^
                              +1
                              Originally posted by Gruelius
                              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by e304me View Post
                                Brakes installed with new rotors on customers car.
                                Braking system was tested and pads were bedded in (I would hope the shop would do this!!! but who knows)
                                Customer was given the car in working order with no vibration (Again, I assume/hope this was the case)
                                Customer has the car for a while and brings it back with a vibration.
                                Shop calls Lee and tells them to send new rotors because they are defective.
                                No runout measurements, no proof, AND the car was fine when it left the shop.
                                Shop employee is mad when Lee rightfully so does not send the rotors
                                Shop employee cries about it on the internet.
                                Yes.
                                Yes.
                                Yes.
                                No, problem was evident very soon after the car was released. I was told a few days after, I'm not sure when my boss got the call.
                                No. Shop asks Lee for options, receives defensive statements and then gets ignored.
                                Yes and no. "Right" is clearly debatable.
                                No. Shop employee is sick and tired of customer calling and complaining and boss requesting the issue be dealt with pronto and new rotors be supplied for customer. Employee makes three more attempts to contact Lee and receives nothing so resorts to a public call-out. A success, obviously...
                                '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                                '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Working...
                                X