This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parkerbink
    To not come across as a total douche a good businessman MIGHT offer the part at cost, they might offer transshipment, they might do a bunch of things OTHER than having an attitude and being sarcastic.

This.

Regardless of our interactions Lee, I think you did wrong by not offering SOMETHING, ANYTHING. You are a business, you make a profit, sometimes, you take a small ding, (i.e. $150) and get a HUGE benefit in Customer Satisfaction.

I'm sure, you'd have had an uptick in interest/buyers had this thread been someone ranting about the amazing, shirt of the back service they received. But it's not.

Comment

Plus one for Lee.

Comment

Farbin search this entire forum, you and I both know there are many vendors that are just awesome, how many threads here are dedicated to the awesome service someone received?
        Brian Jacobs

Comment

I thought the part about "let the Jew point this out" was pretty funny...and then:

Originally posted by xwill112x View Post
          someone knows a thing or two about small buisness's..
          so it isn't just a stereotype, huh?

I think we can add lesson #5: Jews are excellent businessmen.

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Brandon is your customer, not the current owner.
            That's what I meant by customer/customer service.

Originally posted by kishg View Post
            your pretty new to the bmw community arn't you? no uuc bashing from me, i've never had issues with their products and i will gladly do business with them but do a search on a few fora and see how many such "incidents" have occured to them.
            I know a lot of UUC's stuff isn't exactly gold, but as far as I know there aren't too many BBK competitors for e30s out there. It's more a comparison about customer service.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
            To not come across as a total douche a good businessman MIGHT offer the part at cost, they might offer transshipment, they might do a bunch of things OTHER than having an attitude and being sarcastic.
            This.
            Point.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
              I thought the part about "let the Jew point this out" was pretty funny...and then:

so it isn't just a stereotype, huh?

I think we can add lesson #5: Jews are excellent businessmen.
              LMAO- my brother (the accountant turned lawyer) is a horrible business person, so I will say some of us a good, others not so much! But atleast he kept the stereotypes alive by hitting both accountant and lawyer, while I was in banking.
              Brian Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by briansjacobs View Post
                Farbin search this entire forum, you and I both know there are many vendors that are just awesome, how many threads here are dedicated to the awesome service someone received?
                + 1 agree. There are some but not many.

So Fidhle007 expects Massive to warranty HIS USED brakes? And these brakes have been used on the track? How do we know that Fidhle007 's customer hasn't been on the track after and/or taken his friends for a ride and showed them how good the brakes are (abuse)? Are we to take his word?

I've been a Product Manager for a Medical Device manufacturer for little over 10 years. I deal with RMAs (Return Material Authorization) and I have to evaluate and determine liability on defective items. Having read this, clearly Massive is clearly not obligated to anything.

The only obligation/warranty I see is from Fidhle007 to his customer. I dont think ANY automotive supplier would honor second hand resellers after is has been used. If you think they would, go to the pick and up and take a part out and go to the vendor and ask for a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by briansjacobs View Post
                  I'm pretty sure everyone on the forum knows that Blunt is the man for OE parts. Just as they know Levent is awesome for misc. and Patrick@bma parts is great for warehouse buys.

All of these guys have stand up reputations and numerous threads stating so, unlike the reputations of the "Brake Babies" as I shall now refer to them as. Forums are not a proper way of dealing with problems in a business (which is why Lee and Rob both not on my list above).
                  -tim
                  Originally posted by Jordan
                  I like the stance
                  -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Ouch. This was definitly a premature call out.

Originally posted by Kishg
                    lol. then your not going to get too far in any business dealings in the real world with that attitude. trash talk on off-topic/pr is one thing and business is another. I would not blacklist a vendor simply because they had a different personal opinion on something than me. i've never bought anything from lee (well maybe a dead pedal) but i've only heard good things about his product and service from lots of folks whose opinions I trust.
                    In a perfect world yea. But you'd be amazed at the mindset. They feel alot better handing you money if they like you/relate to you personally. A quality product is only half the battle, sadly.
                    -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                    2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

Originally posted by XvillainousX View Post
                      + 1 agree. There are some but not many.

So Fidhle007 expects Massive to warranty HIS USED brakes? And these brakes have been used on the track? How do we know that Fidhle007 's customer hasn't been on the track after and/or taken his friends for a ride and showed them how good the brakes are (abuse)? Are we to take his word?

I've been a Product Manager for a Medical Device manufacturer for little over 10 years. I deal with RMAs (Return Material Authorization) and I have to evaluate and determine liability on defective items. Having read this, clearly Massive is clearly not obligated to anything.

The only obligation/warranty I see is from Fidhle007 to his customer. I dont think ANY automotive supplier would honor second hand resellers after is has been used. If you think they would, go to the pick and up and take a part out and go to the vendor and ask for a refund.
                      All the parts in question were brand new, fresh out of the box and properly installed. My boss spearheaded the installation and is also the one who diagnosed the rotors and asked me to remedy the situation. When I get a chance (I'm out of town on business now) I'll get a dial gauge on the rotors and take pictures personally but for the time being I'm working on the information I've been provided: customer is unhappy, rotors have unacceptable runout (as determined by my boss) and I am expected to acquire replacements. Being stuck in the middleman position I attempted to start a friendly conversation with Lee. I've always liked him and his products and have been planning on buying a 13"/11.75" race kit (a near $3000 purchase) and selling off my street kit was part of what would make that possible. Now though, I have no money and no brakes thanks to his complete and utter lack of help in a shitty situation that could have been easily remedied.

Anyone want to buy an E30 shell?

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                      This.

Regardless of our interactions Lee, I think you did wrong by not offering SOMETHING, ANYTHING. You are a business, you make a profit, sometimes, you take a small ding, (i.e. $150) and get a HUGE benefit in Customer Satisfaction.

I'm sure, you'd have had an uptick in interest/buyers had this thread been someone ranting about the amazing, shirt of the back service they received. But it's not.
                      I've done nothing but sing Lee's praises and would have redoubled my efforts to do so if he had been able to offer a helpful solution. "Try this/that/the other and if that doesn't work, I'll send you some cheaper rotors and you can refund the customer some money." Something. ANYTHING.

Lee, you have had my phone number from day one. If you don't believe me you can call and speak to my boss directly.
                      '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                      '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Cash View Post
                        Ouch. This was definitly a premature call out.

In a perfect world yea. But you'd be amazed at the mindset. They feel alot better handing you money if they like you/relate to you personally. A quality product is only half the battle, sadly.
                        oh I know..just pointing out how infantile that attitude is. and it's not just about the product either. if someone delivers good product and is on the ball, then I don't care what their personal opinions or predilections are and whether they fall in line with mine or not. Case in point is blunt, I'm pretty sure he and I agree on precious little when it comes to politics but I'm perfectly happy giving him my $$ (through Gutenparts) because he provides quality stuff at an unbeatable price.

If I ever wanted a bbk for an e30 I would do an apples to apples comparo of the various options and get what I felt suits me best regardless of my personal feelings towards the vendor. Of course it's everyone's right to base their purchasing decisions on whatever they want.
                        Last edited by kishg; 08-28-2010, 03:56 PM.
                        '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                        '91 SpecE30 #523
                        '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

My issue is not with Lee's politics or taste in women but with his lack of technical support and customer service.
                          '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                          '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by kishg View Post
                            ...Case in point is blunt, I'm pretty sure he and I agree on precious little when it comes to politics but I'm perfectly happy giving him my $$ (through Gutenparts) because he provides quality stuff at an unbeatable price....
                            Let's be honest here. Blunt is hilarious. Lee, kind of a prick.

Comment

Originally posted by hotballs View Post
                              Let's be honest here. Blunt is hilarious. Lee, kind of a prick.
                              both kind of a prick actually but i don't spend my life in OT/PR to care.
                              '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                              '91 SpecE30 #523
                              '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Silly Fidhle... that was a proposal.

Comment

Working...
                                X