Bav Auto can suck my balls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bav Auto can suck my balls!

Ok... I've only been around this forum for a bit but I think people are becoming familiar with my whole view on "customer service".

I am in the twilight hours of my m30/5-lug conversion on sunday and I needed a couple of parts asap. 1997 M3 Control Arms (L/R) and a Slave Cylinder. I first ordered the Control Arms and then about 30 minutes later I ordered the slave cylinder just in case the one I had was fucked. I paid uber money to get them overnighted because I needed them on tuesday so that I wouldn't have to be in a super rush like I am now.

Now... on monday morning I called and confirmed my parts were in stock. I talked to Jason and he confirmed that they were in stock and would be out to me by tuesday morning. He looked up my order number and everything. No warning signs came up for what is about to come.

Bav Auto only has one phone number field and no way of providing additional contact info. I get home from work on monday night and there is a message saying that they need to confirm my shipping address for the control arms... funny because it is the same fucking address for the slave cylinder which was sent out with no problems and Jason who was looking at my freaking account didn't notify me that I need to validate shit!

I called tuesday morning and some bitch was just like "woops... its a random thing... thats funny... haha" and the arms arrived wednesday. Now I am in a stupid rush to get this stuff together so that I can get this car in working order, where as I could have done it all yesterday if the parts had all arrived on tuesday.

Fucking idiots... never using them again. The parts department at the local stealership gets my parts delivered no problem and with my BMW CCA discount they come out being the same price or cheaper than if I went through Bav Auto.

Just my $0.02... or rather just the several thousands of dollars I have spent with them in the past 2.5 years.

Two points:

First, I had a bad experience with BavAuto myself. A few years back I tried getting a Scorpion cat-back exhaust....instead I got 5 weeks of their BS about why it hasn't been shipped. I wound up cancelling my order and vowing to never do business with them again. I know a few other people who have had souring experiences with BavAuto as well so you're not alone.

Second, this thread should be placed under the "Transaction Feedback" page for company related matters. Sorry to be nit-picky about it.

Mods....tow this mo-fo where it belongs....

Jon
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

hehe... sorry... didn't know there was a group like that. I agree... tow my ass.

I should take a refresher course in posting I guess:

Posting And You..., a Flash Animated video by Lunchtimemama

Comment

if you need shit like that just go to bma.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30sd
          True that.... I have about $1k worth of transactions with them and I've never recieved an item late. Yesterday I made a $300 payment for brakes and bearings 5 minutes before they closed and they shipped it out with a tracking number on the same day.
          Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
          EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
          FullOpp Stickers for sale!
          NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
          Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
          ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift
            Yesterday I made a $300 payment for brakes and bearings 5 minutes before they closed and they shipped it out with a tracking number on the same day.
            Werd? That's a nice thing.

Comment

Ive also had a couple good experiences with them. Being said I havent bought anything from them for a while but Ian(?) was really helpful with setting my up with replacements after the wreck at a fair price.
              Im now E30less.
              sigpic

Comment

Most online parts places are getting on thin ice with me. It's gotten to the point where if I need it within a week, I'm going straight to the dealer. The extra cash is worth the headache it saves.

-Charlie
                Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                  Most online parts places are getting on thin ice with me. It's gotten to the point where if I need it within a week, I'm going straight to the dealer. The extra cash is worth the headache it saves.

-Charlie
                  I found out yesterday I don't get an employee % discount at the dealer.
                  I simply get wholesale price.

Wholesale + no shipping > anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
                    Ive also had a couple good experiences with them. Being said I havent bought anything from them for a while but Ian(?) was really helpful with setting my up with replacements after the wreck at a fair price.
                    Yeah... I've talked to Ian and he definitely comes across as a good guy. There have been many positive experiences with them when I have time to wait for a part. However, this mess up where I called in the morning, had the guy look at my order and he didn't even tell me that I was going to need to confirm a shipping address... stupid.

Comment

Bought two rear billy sports of ebay, said they had 4 in stock on their ebay store. Jon said shipment early next week however never came in, sent an email to their sales portion and ebay account and got not reply for a couple of days with either. Ended up calling, and they gave me a full refund straight away at my request, which was good. Overall a thumbs up, however they should check their inbox more often! (It costs a fuck ton of money calling from Aus..)

Comment

SKYPE or some other Voice over IP. Much cheaper.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by e30sd View Post

this the guys over at bma yves and sergio always take care of my shit and if they fuck up they make shit right and on the spot, these are the people i turn to when i need anything and they have the lowest prices anywhere.
                          Originally posted by bmwm42
                          PNW vulture pm me for parts
                          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Have never had a huge problem with Bavauto. I get my stuff next day, because Im local.

Recent problem was i ordered a whole bunch of shifter rebuild parts, the bulk of it showed up next day. The shift lever, 3 days later. But im still waiting on the bitch clip...:/
                            1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                            1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                            1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                            1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

I think my issue with them is the fact they might list an OEM part number but substitute it with a non oem part. I always ask if it's an oem or non oem part they are sending.
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                              X