No announcement yet.

Revshift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly don't get how you guys are having problems. I bought shit find him and got it shipped next day pretty much

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Andy.B View Post
      I placed an order late Wednesday. I sent a follow up email today. No word yet. After seeing so many people having had issues, I'm beginning to get a little nervous. I will be sure to post back when there is any news to report.
      Edit: received a response today that the part was out of stock at the time of my order, but they have already made more and I will get a tracking number tomorrow. It is looking like you will be able to count me as one of the satisfied customers.

Comment

We've been crazy busy this spring and we are working our butts off to get all the parts out as quickly as possible. Despite the occasional shipping delays, we always come through. We are also looking for another guy to hire as a dedicated packaging and shipping guy.

If anyone needs to contact us you can call and leave a message, email us, or even DM me on Instagram.

Be sure to follow us on Instagram @revshift.

Comment

I had no issues when I ordered during the Black Friday Sale. John even sent me some goodies. Being a small business, I'm sure there are times where they will be backed up. Especially when they offer a sale and everyone jumps.

Hopefully ordering my rear bushing kit soon.

Comment

I had my Revshift guibo sent to CANADA over holiday (Christmas) sale.
            took about 7 business days, which to be fair is really good for a) small business, and b) between countries.

no complaints with customer service here whatsoever.
            Originally posted by flyboyx
            i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

So, I recently made the mistake of ordering parts from Revshift and I am extremely frustrated. I ordered a set of RTABs for my E30 last Tuesday night after seeing that USPS priority mail shipments took 2 days to get from Michigan to North Carolina. Great I thought, I can get the parts before the weekend and get my subframe installed and have some time to test & tune before the AutoX next weekend.

(The entire reason I ordered from them, btw, was because of this quick shipping time. I damaged the OEM bushings I was going to install so I saw this as a great time to upgrade without impacting my timing too much)

Boy was I wrong.

When the weekend rolled by and I'd completed literally everything else on the car except assembling the subframe, I called on Monday to ask what was up. I politely asked about status on my order, was told it shipped Friday and should be there Tuesday and they would send me a tracking number in my email. That didn't sound right to me since I knew USPS's shipping maps are pretty good and they work on Sat, putting a Friday shipment on my porch on Monday.

Whatever I thought, worst case it arrives Tuesday and I have the week to finish the work on the car and still have time to do an alignment. Well....today is Wed and the parts still aren't here. I have called & emailed multiple times and gotten no answer to my inquires. I never received any tracking information and at this point I am pretty sure whoever I talked to on the phone was simply lying to me. If you're not ready, fine, just tell me. To actively deceive your customers? WTF?

Oh yeah, they also charged my credit card a week ago.
              Last edited by citizen_insane; 03-02-2016, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Update on my interactions w/ Revshift:

11/12 5pm - Called when I had still not received parts. Whoever I talked to was polite and apologetic. They informed me that the package must have been lost by USPS and thus they couldn't find the tracking number. Sounds suspicious, but whatever, he said they would overnight the parts for delivery on Saturday so that I could finish up the car and get to the race on Sunday.

11/14 - With still no tracking number, I sit around all day Saturday until it's obvious the parts aren't arriving. I check the website and they did put up a tracking number...for 2 day shipping!! Give up on trying to get to the race on Sunday.

11/16 - Package fails to deliver because they did not waive the requirement for a signature (USPS Priority Mail). I end up taking off early from work (use some of my vacation time) to go to the post office to pick up the package and end up having to wait 40 min for my carrier to arrive. Finally get the parts in hand.

I installed the parts and they felt okay. Fit is very light, so I'm a bit concerned about wear and how they will handle under load. Would also be nice if they included more grease.

Overall my TLDR still stands. I wouldn't do business with Revshift ever again.

Comment

I wish all the customers that had good experiences with us would speak up from time to time. We are pretty quick on shipping times nowadays. Unfortunately, we have been having a ton of issues with USPS and we are now switching to UPS because of it.

Kai, sorry for the wait. Your order did get hung up and I'll give you a store credit to make up for it if you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                    I had my Revshift guibo sent to CANADA over holiday (Christmas) sale.
                    took about 7 business days, which to be fair is really good for a) small business, and b) between countries.

no complaints with customer service here whatsoever.
                    Worth repeating
                    Originally posted by flyboyx
                    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                      Worth repeating
                      Thank you. We need more guys like you that are willing to speak up.

I also want to explain that I started Revshift out of my garage in 2007 with nothing more than a welder and an old bridgeport mill. I learned everything I could about polyurethane and started molding my own parts in 2009. Now, in 2015, Revshift is in a 5,000 sqft shop with six employees, 2 CNC mills, 4 lathes, 4 welders, a clean room for polyurethane processing equipment, and a bunch of other cool things. My goal from the beginning was to make everything under one roof with high quality materials, never outsourcing, and never compromising. This is what we do and this is what we will continue to do. None of our competitors can say the same about themselves. None of them make their own polyurethane. Most of them don't make anything themselves. We have had delays in the past, we have had some fitment issues with swap parts, and we have been hard to get a hold of at times. But, we try our best and we fix the issues when they arise. I work 12 hour days, every day. Two of my employees do the same. Its not easy making everything ourselves and that is why most people don't do it. We do it because we care about quality and integrity. Even though we make parts for German cars, I still feel strongly about supporting my fellow Americans by not buying chinese made parts.

Comment

ordered a set of m3 poly CAB, got them fast, and install was so much better than putting stock ones.
                        and about a year later it still going strong!

make some e34 stuff!
                        Last edited by FireFight; 01-08-2016, 05:19 PM.
                        WTB:m60b40 in PNW
                        Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
                        92 525it 5 speed.
                        80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Order from Rev shift two times, Takes a little longer then i expected the first time but I was in no rush fixing my car over the winter. both times ordered more then $300 of parts and they were great.

Comment

Bought a full set of 95a rear subframe/trailing arm/diff mount bushings for my iX. Called to order and asked for express, showed up a week later (East coast Canada, so that's actually really fast) Installed and worked perfectly. That car feels so tight in back, and I wish my other car were like this.

Two years later during black friday, I ordered a set of 95a rtabs for my other car to replace the 4-year old random poly bushings that seem to be causing a clunk. Just received them and they look as good as the last set did (Just green now instead of red).

Not pumped to pull all the rear end off again, but I shouldn't have cheaped out the first time.
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I'm very happy with fast shipping, packed well, free swag too.
                              Thanks guys, looking forward to installing it :)

Comment

I have had good luck buying stuff from Revshift. I ordered a custom flex disk from them them and they had it to me in about 4 days. Then a few days ago I ordered 95A Poly CABS and they got here in no time.
                                Current
                                99 328i (Sold)
                                91 318is M50B25TU
                                89 325ix (Parted out)
                                87 325is (Parted out)
                                95 525i (Parted Motor for 91 318is)

Comment

Working...
                                X