Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie
    That's a dealbreaker right there.

First thing I do when I'm doing a transaction on here or any forum is exchange phone numbers. If I'm spending any serious amount of money, I'm calling the guy and touching base. The anonomity of internet makes it way too easy to be shady without real contact.

-Charlie
    Every deal I have done over around $300 has had phone numbers involved - some under have too.

Josh, take care of this.
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Comment

Wow. I thought this was supposed to be straight 2 weeks ago.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

I had the slowest transaction ever with Eurospeed. 42 days from payment to arrival. I was getting furious, but it wasn't a big purchase and I didn't want to piss on the R3V owners name. He was courteous and polite in his PMs, but that's all I can say good about it. It really wasn't worth getting upset about. ;-/

08 Toyota FJ Cruiser, Rock Sliders, Mostly Stock for now, parts on the way....
        97 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ-80, Front Bambi Basher w/ 2x100w PIAA's, mostly stock

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
          Every deal I have done over around $300 has had phone numbers involved - some under have too.

Josh, take care of this.
          Done, check is in the mail tomorrow, along with the parts.

I'll admit guys, I seriously dropped the ball here. All I can do is apologize to those that I've upset, and that I've let down. I know how busy my life is, and the fact that it's next to impossible for me to get to the post office, so I probably shouldn't be selling things so often.

Erik is right, and I don't want to delete this thread, nor will I. I've got a pretty good track record, but people also need to see that sometimes I don't always do great business. It's my own fault, and like I said, all I can do is apologize. I just hope that it doesn't ruin people's willingness to buy from me in the future.

Josh

Comment

Bam, while it should never have happened you just said exactly what you needed to say.
            Back to my roots

Comment

Originally posted by FifeDog236
              Bam, while it should never have happened you just said exactly what you needed to say.
              agreed

Comment

Handled like a man.

Good job, Josh.

See you next weekend.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                  Done, check is in the mail tomorrow, along with the parts.

so I probably shouldn't be selling things so often.
                  It took you 3 weeks since this thread was started to send him his money/parts, I'd agree you probably shouldn't be selling parts anymore.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                    It took you 3 weeks since this thread was started to send him his money/parts, I'd agree you probably shouldn't be selling parts anymore.
                    I'm not going to never sell parts again. I'm just not going to post them for sale until I've got them already packed and ready to be dropped off, and I'll probably do all online postage from now on, that way all I have to do is drive up and drop it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                      I'm not going to never sell parts again. I'm just not going to post them for sale until I've got them already packed and ready to be dropped off, and I'll probably do all online postage from now on, that way all I have to do is drive up and drop it off.
                      Online postage is awesome. Buy a cheap digital scale at Office Max and never stand in line again. Especially fun at Christmas when you can walk past the 2 hour line and slap your pre-paid stuff down at the drop off counter and walk out again in less than 1 minute.
                      Aaron

Comment

About communication.

I also have a life and another business. It involves selling online and the only problems I have are the rare lost or damaged in shipment package.
                        The reason:
                        1) Shipping options are given with estimated times, and
                        2) It is stated that all ordewrs are shipped within 2 work days.
                        When people buy online they expect that the stuff will be shipped within 48 hours and received within 1 to 10 days depending on shipping method. I have purchased parts from other people on the forums and my experience has been about 5-10 days and I have the stuff.

Comment

I know there are some parts that are necessary to have right away, and I've gotten parts out the same day as payment was sent, sometimes even BEFORE payment was sent. But there are other parts and transactions that aren't the end of the world, and life comes before cars, whether people want to admit it or not.

I used to sell boatloads of parts for cheap money - now I still sell stuff for good prices, but I don't do nearly as much volume as before, and probably never will. I've got 5 or 6 strictly parts E30's and a whole garage full of other parts. I'm sure I could make a nice chunk of change if I sold it all in a short period of time. Problem is, it takes a decent amount of time to go to the parts cars, pull the part off, find a suitable box and packing material, pack the part, stuff it in your car, bring it to the post office or other shipping facility, and get it out the door.

I sell parts to help the community, and to help feed my parts needs for the car. I don't use this as my full time job, and have one to tend to 40+ hours a week. I, too, have considered just not selling parts anymore, as there have been a few transactions that have taken longer than expected, and I don't want to cause any bad feelings between anyone on here. I'm always happy to sell you a part for just about any price you prefer, but it's usually on the contingency that you're patient for the part and it's not a life or death item. That way, if I run into problems or other commitments that keep me from shipping your part, there's no hard feelings. I stay in CONSTANT contact with each seller, to the best of my ability, answering each PM and email that I receive. Even if it's just to say, "nothing yet, sorry," it shows you haven't forgotten about the part or the buyer, and that you're not making off with their cash. If there's an important part you need, say, an alternator or something, unless I have some free time I know about, I'm going to refer you to someone else. I'd rather see you get your part when you need it than risk missing out waiting for me.

Everyone out there, try to put yourself in the seller's shoes once in a while. Sometimes things come up you don't expect - more hours at work, other obligations that are more important than a fog light switch for someone's e30. These are just cars, guys - try not to lose sight of that. Lack of contact is a whole other issue, and that's something I don't condone. But if the seller is honest and tells you they're doing their best, you should give them the benefit of the doubt - unless you've got a good reason not to.

Comment

i have an at home ups label maker and scale. a ups guy that comes by everyday for pickups. So its easy for me.
                            But i do understand people that work 40+ hours a week. But if you cant get it out within 3 weeks please dont post it for sale. I bought shocks off here 3 weeks ago and still havent gotten them.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mattdk318i
                              i have an at home ups label maker and scale. a ups guy that comes by everyday for pickups. So its easy for me.
                              But i do understand people that work 40+ hours a week. But if you cant get it out within 3 weeks please dont post it for sale. I bought shocks off here 3 weeks ago and still havent gotten them.
                              Most of the parts I sell are through requests and word of mouth - I rarely put FS posts up. The last one I've done in a long time is the Azev's I sold.

Comment

And for future referance....

If anyone is having a problem with a buyer or seller not cooperating feel free to PM one of the mods to see if we have an alternative way of communicating with them.

I know in this case it was a mod that there were communication probs with, but I have Josh's contact info and know him personally. I could have easily called him to see what is up. Josh is a stand-up guy and like most of us has a ton on his plate. I am sure he would agree that he dropped the ball in this situation, but give him the benefit of the doubt since he was moving and all.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X