No announcement yet.

Gregs///M Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing in my cluster worked except the speedo and tach, and SI board was constantly on even when car was off, draining my battery.
    For a very reasonable price, Greg got all my gauges working properly, went through the entire cluster, and replaced my SI board. He was very quick to respond and willing to help getting it sorted when I had a small issue afterwards (maybe end user related lol). He keep in touch and sent me a pic of the broken stuff and of everything working when repair was complete.
    Always good to see someone that stands behind their work.

Comment

Greg is a great guy. Always reponds in a very timely fashion, which I appreciate a lot. Thanks for the services you provide.
      Current:
      1989 325i
      1988 M3
      1987 325ic
      Past:
      2001 330ci
      2001 M3

Comment

Bump. Bought a si board from Greg awhile back ago. He is very fast at replying and I would buy more from him in the future. The si board made everything on my cluster work.

Comment

Got my board with amazing speed. Would buy from again!! Thanks, I cant wait to install it tonight!

Comment

Just got my Cluster back from Greg can not say enough the level of quality he provides. For a very reasonable price he restored my cluster, refreshed my si board, polished my lens cover, and installed a Alpina stripe on my tach. I will admit that I can be a little OCD when it comes to my E30. Greg and I must have sent 75+ emails during the time he was repairing my cluster. He was polite and kind to answer all of my questions. Would not hesitate to do business with him again. Thanks again Greg.
            Bmw CCA # 490080

1995 525iA RIP
            1987 325e Cirrusblau-Metallic/Pacific Blue (Daily)

DSC_1725 by Matthew Johnson, on Flickr

Comment

Completed my second transaction with Greg. First one was a year or so ago for some ground cables, which have been great.
              Today I received and installed a refurbished AFM. The amount of time from sending payment to receiving the AFM was very reasonable. I was expecting it to take much longer, actually. When I first inquired about an AFM, Greg said there was a wait list. I didn't ask how long, and paid for it that day. Either the list wasn't long, Greg works fast, or he bumped my order up the list because I received the AFM a week later.
              The AFM really improved the running characteristics of the car, smooth acceleration all the way to the rev limiter at WOT: something I had not experienced in my car since buying it. "That's what a good running M20B25 is supposed to feel like!"
              Next up: refreshing the si board.

Comment

I sent my entire cluster to Greg as my tach was stuck at 3,000 and my odo reset was not functional. I had him refurbish the SI board at the same time. Communication and turnaround was top notch. Greg knows his stuff and often replied to my emails within a few minutes after sending. When I put the cluster back in, the speedometer (he supplied a refurbished one) was stuck at 20. Greg promptly responded and sent out another speedometer along with instructions to swap it and a free ground cable for my trouble. He also helped me with some other electrical issues. Next on my list is sending my AFM to him for rebuilding!

Comment

purchased a refurbished AFM for my iX from Greg. Very quick and informative on our email exchanges, and man what a product! I thought my M20 was running perfect prior to the install of the new AFM, but the one from Greg really woke up that engine. Can't get over the difference throughout the entire powerband.
                  www.instagram.com/snwmble
                  #snwmble

Current:
                  '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                  '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                  '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                  '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                  '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                  '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                  '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                  '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Well... I am next in line for feedback regarding Greg's services.

I had to send my cluster for a refurbishment, and a facelift (to saw up some old wrinkles on mah mistress). Long story short the left side of my cluster didnt work. The speedo, fuel gauge, lights were all out. The SI board lights were also missing a few things here and there.

So I contacted Greg. To be honest I was a bit hesitant to send $ in advance, but I read this thread so that put me at ease. I sent the cash over, a few days after shipped my cluster to him in San Pablo. (Yes it is a mailbox you are sending to, and no I couldn't call him.... but at the end of the day it turned out okay.)

To be honest I had to bug Greg a bit here and there, but he was always courteous, and timely with his response. It took about 3 weeks to get everything sorted out. I am in Toronto, Canada.... so customs took a bit of time.

Greg and his guys are fantastic. Highly recommend his services for anyone needing cluster refurbishment, and a facelift that old cluster of yours! Thanks Greg, good to have things back in order.... just in time for summer!
                    Originally Posted by mpowerful
                    Ive been looking at this thread ever since it got posted and every time I do my peepee tingles a little.
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    1991 Alpinweiß Sedan.... mah mistress. <-click :pimp:

Comment

Purchased a refurbished cluster from Greg and after a year, my speedometer would work only sometimes. I sent him the electronics portion back, and had it taken care of within a couple weeks....one of my favorite pieces of my build! Highly recommend!
                      1997 Artic Silver M3
                      CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

I purchased a refurb'd AFM for my ETA from BavRest and am very happy with it.
                        It looks better than new, all shiny with clear coat.
                        In fact I now have to work on getting the rest of my engine looking as good as the AFM...
                        '93 300TE 24V Krautbomber
                        '84 528e 5 speed Saphirblau Metallic [R.I.P.]

I love all BMWs with round headlights!

Comment

Bought power cable/ground kit. Everything arrived quickly and Greg was great at getting back to me quickly with some questions I had. Great seller, would buy from again. :up:
                          1992 325I Convertible
                          sigpic

Comment

Greg rocks. Just installed a rebuilt AFM by him, bought an SI board a while back too. Works great and looks pretty too! I thought my M20 was running great before, but after installing his, I could chirp third .. with a 2.93. Thanks Greg, this really woke up my M20!

1986 327i
                            transaction feedback
                            DIY thing
                            meh

Comment

second time buying from Bavrest. great products but turnaround and shipping time is very long. over 3 weeks from went I sent my afm in to when i got it back. My car was down the entire time. Now its been 10 days since I placed a ground cables order and my shit still hasnt come, it was shipped USPS priority 2 day mail 2 days ago track # still has not updated.

If you need your car back up and running fast beware. TOP NOTCH products just slow to get

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                                second time buying from Bavrest. great products but turnaround and shipping time is very long. over 3 weeks from went I sent my afm in to when i got it back. My car was down the entire time. Now its been 10 days since I placed a ground cables order and my shit still hasnt come, it was shipped USPS priority 2 day mail 2 days ago track # still has not updated.

If you need your car back up and running fast beware. TOP NOTCH products just slow to get
                                Appreciate the feedback. Yes, we are NOT a quick turn around shop for a variety of reasons but mostly because we are so busy doing a large volume of customers products from our worldwide customers.

Cables usually ship within 2-3days and always ship USPS priority but sometimes we run out of stock and have to build fresh cable for your order.

In the end, we are not concerned with getting customers cars back on the road quickly but rather, making them last for several more decades which high quality and robust product.

Thanks!
                                Owner - Bavarian Restoration
                                BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
                                www.BavRest.com
                                My Feedback Thread
                                Our Facebook!
                                Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Working...
                                X