Revshift Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revshift Review

Ok so this is going to be long winded but I now feel the need more than before to give my negative review... yes very negative review of their customer service

Ok so now for the story...
    Nov 5, 2013: Order places for 80 durometer Poly mounts for MK4 supra, I plan to hack them up just a bit to make them fit my project car.

First email from them:
    Hi Mike,
    Thank you. We have received a payment of 215.29 for order number 1249-1115.
    Thank you,

Revshift Performance Engineering
    586-510-4042
    Soon after I get this

Thank You Mike!

Your order 1249-1115 which was placed on Nov 05 2013, 10:27 AM is being processed.

When your order is complete it will ship with USPS priority mail and a tracking number will be emailed to you.

Please keep this email for your records.

Please make sure that the information listed below is correct. If there are any problems with your order please contact us at Sales@Revshift.com

Billing address:
    Mike Zingel
    "Street Address"
    fort Saskatchewan
    Alberta
    "Postal Code"
    Canada
    780"Phone Number"

Email:
    mikezingel@*********.com Shipping address:
    Mike Zingel
    "Street address"
    fort Saskatchewan
    Alberta
    "Postal Code"
    Canada
    Item Quantity Cost
    Polyurethane Motor Mounts - Toyota Supra MkIV 1993-1998
    Hardness: 80A Blue (soft/street) (+$0.00) 1 $179.99
    Shipping: (Priority Mail International) $35.30
    Discount: $0.00
    Subtotal: $179.99
    Order Total: $215.29

Thank you,

Revshift Performance Engineering

586-510-4042
    So I'm all excited for a baseline that I can modify for my car...
    Days pass...

Nov 15, 2013:
    I email the Sales@Revshift.com asking for an update if it has shipped yet?

Still nothing...

Nov 22, 2013:
    I call, to no answer and as it goes to voicemail I don't get any indication of who they are so I hang up and try again. The same thing happens when I physically redial the number. I don't know if I have the right place so I don't leave a message.
    I fire them a face book message asking if they have shipped out any supra mounts for me... More nothing.

Nov 24, 2013
    New photo of a cts-v has been uploaded to revshift's face book page, so naturally I comment asking for an order update. It gets deleted and I get an email saying:

Yes, it has shipped. I will have to send you the tracking number tomorrow. It is Sunday and I am not at the shop.

Thank you,

Resift Performance Engineering

Tel: 586-510-4042
    Fax: 586-510-4036
    E-Mail: sales@revshift.com
    Web: www.Revshift.com
    Face book: www.facebook.com/Revshift
    I respond with a thank you for getting back to me.

BUT!!!! Why give me all your above contact info if you're not going to fucking use it?

Nov 27, 2013
    I send another email to more nothing...

Nov 29,2013
    still no responses to another email I sent from this day.

Dec 1, 2013
    I see more facebook uploads, so I figure I will send another facebook message.. OH LOOK! I am not allowed to contact this person anymore.

Im not here to drag them through the mud because I frankly don't need to be the one to do so... I just need to tell about how shitty my experience with them has been.

COLES NOTES TL; DR;
    Order placed on nov 5th, still no tracking info or proof of shipment on Dec 1, 2013

Call them? I called and had my order shipped express and it was out the next day. I have nothing but good things to say about my experience with Revshift and the product I received. There must be an explanation.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I called twice, like I said the first time it went to voicemail I was not sure I dialed correctly as it had no info. So I tried again still feeling like the info was incorrect.

It might have been out of line to bug them via facebook but if your not holding up your end as a vendor and contacting me after you said you would there is something that can be said about it.

If this does not get revshift's attention I don't know what will...

Comment

More updates, yesterday I get an email about unforseen problems with sourcing some hardware so they have not gone out. Talked today about replacing them with some swap based mounts for an e30 with a 2j. Hopefully all is good now.

Comment

So they lied about them being shipped when things were not?

Sadly not the first negative reviews ive seen about them. Good luck OP, id have asked for a refund and went elsewhere by now.

Heres their review thread, some good, some having same issues you were having. Spotty to no communication, and orders not shipping

Last edited by FLG; 12-04-2013, 05:35 PM.
          -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

When I told him they had shipped it was on a sunday and I was replying from my phone. I could have swore they had gone out but I was mistaken. That's my bad.

The MKIV mounts are complicated because they are angled and we use some tricky stainless steel hardware inside. We don't sell many of them and we ran out of the hardware. The supplier kept pushing it back and back which caused us to have the delay. As a result, we took the MKIV mounts off the website. Luckily, I talked to the OP and found out that he is doing a swap. The MKIV mounts are probably not good for him and I set him up with some mounts that will be much better. Those mounts are on the way via priority express mail.

Every business gets into a bind once in a while. I apologize for our occasional hiccups. We always work it out though. We have never screwed anyone.

Comment

In my opinion, setting people back on there projects is screwing them. Some communication about not having what you need and it will take longer than expected process the order will give the buyer a chance to persue different options may leave them feeling better about your company and leave saying next time I will try revshift again, not ending up in threads like these.

Comment

Happy customers never post. It's a shame. The world is a very negative place.

Comment

Originally posted by John@Revshift View Post
                  Happy customers never post. It's a shame. The world is a very negative place.
                  Funny, I praise just about all the companies I work with or ordered from that have been positive. More so if they're small places like yours, guys who need to work to get the word out.

Mistakes happen, but when you have multiple people all saying the same thing... You might want to look into it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                    Funny, I praise just about all the companies I work with or ordered from that have been positive. More so if they're small places like yours, guys who need to work to get the word out.

Mistakes happen, but when you have multiple people all saying the same thing... You might want to look into it

Its one thing to praise companies you enjoy, its another to start bad mouthing others when you weren't involved and likely aren't seeing the full picture. If anything, I see that as manipulative marketing on behalf of the companies you're trying to support.

I'm not defending anyone, just a word of caution lest you start sounding like an alarmist.
                    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

meh i like my stuff from them, i need to re lube the trailing arms but other than that I've been pretty happy with my rev shift stuff
                      88 325is Five Speed
                      Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                        Its one thing to praise companies you enjoy, its another to start bad mouthing others when you weren't involved and likely aren't seeing the full picture. If anything, I see that as manipulative marketing on behalf of the companies you're trying to support.

I'm not defending anyone, just a word of caution lest you start sounding like an alarmist.
                        Where did i bad mouth Rev? Asked a question and pointed to other reviews saying the same thing op has stated. Get on top of things with your customers or you'll loose em, they make products other companies make as well, if people hear bad reviews thell simply go elsewhere.

I actually backed up Rev on occasion, I realize they are a small company... But that's no excuse to not be on top of getting back to customers.

I don't think Rev would ever not get stuff to customers as I've not seen that happen but if I place an order with a company I fully expect them to get back to me in a timely manner. Again, things happen and people slip through the cracks but it's not just one person saying this.

Comment

Fair enough, To me your comments came across rather negative and that you were trying to tell him how to run his own business on an internet message board about cars.

As for competitors, I'm all too aware, I'm one of them.
                          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                            Fair enough, To me your comments came across rather negative and that you were trying to tell him how to run his own business on an internet message board about cars.

As for competitors, I'm all too aware, I'm one of them.
                            Not telling them what to do, but as a business owner yourself, you know how easy it is to lose customers in such a competitive field.

It seems most (if not all) negative reviews were due to lack of communication some coupled with shipping delays, something easily remedied.

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                              Not telling them what to do, but as a business owner yourself, you know how easy it is to lose customers in such a competitive field.

It seems most (if not all) negative reviews were due to lack of communication some coupled with shipping delays, something easily remedied.

i agree with this statement.
                              the replacement mounts have crossed into canada so hopefully all will be well. i am still in the wiring phase so the motor is still outside the car as i locate all the wires i need to make this swap work.

Comment

Working...
                              X