WARNING! Alan Gun Leather: A theif, wont return my M-tech II wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WARNING! Alan Gun Leather: A theif, wont return my M-tech II wheel

Ok guys Im posting this here to give everyone a heads up about this guy Alan Gun from Florida. He runs a site named http://www.aglausa.com/ which he uses to sell leather kits for steering wheels and shift knobs and other items. Back in July or so I purchased a leather kit from him for my M-tech II steering wheel. He was great on the phone and shipped my kit right away. When I got it I noticed it did not fit properly. I had given him a heads up that I had the larger diameter one, I called him and told him that the kit did not fit. He said he could help me, I offered that if he wanted to produce a larger kit he could use my steering wheel as the template. He that that would be good so I shipped him my wheel and the leather kit I bought from him.

A few weeks passed and I reached out, he said it was still in the process to get that done. More time passed... nothing. Over a month ago I emailed him and asked him to please send me back my wheel. He said that he was sorry for the delay, that in exchange for taking so long that he was going to cover the wheel at no charge. I said ok thank you but please send it back asap, it has been a long time. Two weeks later nothing.... I email.. no answer. I call and no answer.

I've been calling and emailing but no answers. All I want is my wheel back, I don't want it covered anymore. Just want my property back.

So in few words STAY AWAY FROM ALAN GUN LEATHER. The business is a farce and I wish I had noticed the negative feedback on the bbb site:

1989 M3
    1991 M5
    1997 M3 (Technoviolet)

In plantation fl huh. Im sure one of us locals could go pay him a visit if youd like lol.

Comment

Terrible to hear this has happened. Alan Gun has been around forever too. Hopefully they will make it right.

As a note: I notice a lot of these threads pop up and it's almost always someone doing business out of state, shipping items, etc. I have always avoided doing this for this very reason. I have stuff done locally and have had quality work done at a great price. More importantly,I can show them exactly what I want, see what kind of shop they have, examples of their work, etc. I can always check up on the progress and make sure they are doing it right. It also supports local business. When they can put a face behind it or see the car their work is going in, I feel they have more incentive to do a good job and be on time because each job is like an advertisement for them. A box shipped out to a stranger will likely get put aside until they get around to it and you are basically at their mercy. I am all for supporting the community but there's less risk keeping things local.
      Last edited by reelizmpro; 11-24-2014, 05:29 PM.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I was really amazed this happened to me with Alan as well. When I first contacted him he was very helpful, he shipped out the kit very quickly. Well I contacted the local police department and they pointed me to the county's consumer protection agency or whatever. Im giving them a call tomorrow, but yeah if there any forum members in the area that can pass by the shop and try to figure out whats the problem I would be very grateful. Lesson learned though, I'll try to keep things local as well.
        1989 M3
        1991 M5
        1997 M3 (Technoviolet)

Comment

Working...
        X