Do not take your car to castros!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not take your car to castros!

I'm sure you have all heard about Castros in La. Castro himself is a sneaky, lying cheating bastard. Took my car there at the beginning of this year with my e30 s52 75% done. He claims to have started the car but "couldn't test it" because electric fan was not installed ( which he was trying to get me to have him do for a ridiculous price). When I had my new mechanic try to start it after castros wired it and re did the starter, it wouldn't start. When I emailed Castro nicely about it he started to point the finger saying "you bought a used starter from me so....". He then proceeds to say that he started it with a starter switch instead of doing the correct wiring to get the key to turn her over. $1000+ later at his shitty little shop, he lied to me and rushed me out, threatening to charge $75 a day if I didn't tow it back. His labor is unbelievably expensive and if you don't have THOUSANDS to shovel out, he will rush u out of his tiny ghetto shop and not care about your car.

He even said and I quote "why waste my time on someone with a small budget. I'm running a business not a charity"

The minute I told him I didn't want to do his ridiculous $1400 exhaust system, his entire attitude changed and started to treat me like shit.

These guys are lying, cheating robbers that can't handle a little challenge. He will tell you your cars a wreck and back out of every little task you ask him to do. I have never felt more cheated and lied to from any mechanic I've ever delt with.

I found a mechanic that has done 3 times more work for a fraction of the cost (exhaust, brakes and electric fan and HIDs). He isn't even a BMW guy but wired my car up to make her run! Now I have money for paint and body!!!

DO NOT GO TO CASTROS. Email me for more info on my mechanic here in OC Cali. He will give u an honest quote and tell what he can and can't do for you up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get the "after 1k later he lied to you" how so? And $1k for what?? Also why did they want to rush you out? Are they a busy shop and you couldnt pay? I don't understand it seems like things are left out.

What is 75 percent needed to be complete on your car?

Comment

well I know what I'm doing today...
      Originally posted by flyboyx
      i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

More details, and what is the point of hiding the info of a "better" mechanic. Im not on either side since I am no where near Cali, but we need the full story.

Comment

In before thread lock.

Originally posted by Songj91 View Post
          I'm sure you have all heard about Castros in La. Castro himself is a sneaky, lying cheating bastard. Took my car there at the beginning of this year with my e30 s52 75% done. He claims to have started the car but "couldn't test it" because electric fan was not installed ( which he was trying to get me to have him do for a ridiculous price). When I had my new mechanic try to start it after castros wired it and re did the starter, it wouldn't start. When I emailed Castro nicely about it he started to point the finger saying "you bought a used starter from me so....". He then proceeds to say that he started it with a starter switch instead of doing the correct wiring to get the key to turn her over. $1000+ later at his shitty little shop, he lied to me and rushed me out, threatening to charge $75 a day if I didn't tow it back. His labor is unbelievably expensive and if you don't have THOUSANDS to shovel out, he will rush u out of his tiny ghetto shop and not care about your car.

He even said and I quote "why waste my time on someone with a small budget. I'm running a business not a charity"

The minute I told him I didn't want to do his ridiculous $1400 exhaust system, his entire attitude changed and started to treat me like shit.

These guys are lying, cheating robbers that can't handle a little challenge. He will tell you your cars a wreck and back out of every little task you ask him to do. I have never felt more cheated and lied to from any mechanic I've ever delt with.

I found a mechanic that has done 3 times more work for a fraction of the cost (exhaust, brakes and electric fan and HIDs). He isn't even a BMW guy but wired my car up to make her run! Now I have money for paint and body!!!

DO NOT GO TO CASTROS. Email me for more info on my mechanic here in OC Cali. He will give u an honest quote and tell what he can and can't do for you up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by LJ851; 10-01-2015, 07:17 AM.
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Songj91 View Post
            My exhaust for my m20 was almost $1000 and I bought used long tube headers. S52 swap into an e30 probably requires some custom exhaust work so $1400 doesn't seem ridiculous, expensive yeah but not too out there.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Was the exhaust system being offered full stainless? If so, $1400 doesn't seem ridiculous to me.
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

OP's post #1 is lambasting a popular R3V independent shop.

by post #7 we're talking about the value of SS exhaust systems.

also.

wiring in an e-fan should not halt the capability of being able to turn over an engine wtf, nor is it a very complicated job to wire up.
                Originally posted by flyboyx
                i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

This is probably another 2 sides to the story, cause op sounds like someone that doesnt understand costs.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Dis goin' be gud.
                    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Comment

Hmmmm, story seems to have some holes... Op needs to explain more.... Or maybe Castro himself can chime in :-) :-) :-)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                          by post #7 we're talking about the value of SS exhaust systems.
                          Well, that was one of his bullet points and I have first hand experience.
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I took my s52 swapped car to Castro to have AC retrofitted like 3 months ago.

I left a happy customer.

Comment

I'm not judging anyone, but having done an m30 swap in my friend's (old boss') shop, I understand how many little and unanticipated issues pop up and delay progress. It takes a significant amount of time to research solutions, test fit/modify parts, and install them in a reliable way.

Perhaps OP doesn't understand how much work/time/money it takes to properly overcome hurdle after hurdle in what is now a well documented swap? Perhaps OP should had done the work at home or just bought a swapped car that is already running?
                              sigpic
                              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Working...
                              X