Do not take your car to castros!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • McGyver
    replied
    I'm not judging anyone, but having done an m30 swap in my friend's (old boss') shop, I understand how many little and unanticipated issues pop up and delay progress. It takes a significant amount of time to research solutions, test fit/modify parts, and install them in a reliable way.

    Perhaps OP doesn't understand how much work/time/money it takes to properly overcome hurdle after hurdle in what is now a well documented swap? Perhaps OP should had done the work at home or just bought a swapped car that is already running?

    Leave a comment:


  • XwalkerX
    replied
    I took my s52 swapped car to Castro to have AC retrofitted like 3 months ago.

    I left a happy customer.

    Leave a comment:


  • agent
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Burns
    by post #7 we're talking about the value of SS exhaust systems.
    Well, that was one of his bullet points and I have first hand experience.

    Leave a comment:


  • faujijatt
    replied
    Hmmmm, story seems to have some holes... Op needs to explain more.... Or maybe Castro himself can chime in :-) :-) :-)

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Dis goin' be gud.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    This is probably another 2 sides to the story, cause op sounds like someone that doesnt understand costs.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Burns
    replied
    OP's post #1 is lambasting a popular R3V independent shop.

    by post #7 we're talking about the value of SS exhaust systems.

    also.

    wiring in an e-fan should not halt the capability of being able to turn over an engine wtf, nor is it a very complicated job to wire up.

    Leave a comment:


  • agent
    replied
    Was the exhaust system being offered full stainless? If so, $1400 doesn't seem ridiculous to me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Reichart12
    replied
    Originally posted by Songj91
    The minute I told him I didn't want to do his ridiculous $1400 exhaust system, his entire attitude changed and started to treat me like shit.
    My exhaust for my m20 was almost $1000 and I bought used long tube headers. S52 swap into an e30 probably requires some custom exhaust work so $1400 doesn't seem ridiculous, expensive yeah but not too out there.

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    In before thread lock.




    Originally posted by Songj91
    I'm sure you have all heard about Castros in La. Castro himself is a sneaky, lying cheating bastard. Took my car there at the beginning of this year with my e30 s52 75% done. He claims to have started the car but "couldn't test it" because electric fan was not installed ( which he was trying to get me to have him do for a ridiculous price). When I had my new mechanic try to start it after castros wired it and re did the starter, it wouldn't start. When I emailed Castro nicely about it he started to point the finger saying "you bought a used starter from me so....". He then proceeds to say that he started it with a starter switch instead of doing the correct wiring to get the key to turn her over. $1000+ later at his shitty little shop, he lied to me and rushed me out, threatening to charge $75 a day if I didn't tow it back. His labor is unbelievably expensive and if you don't have THOUSANDS to shovel out, he will rush u out of his tiny ghetto shop and not care about your car.

    He even said and I quote "why waste my time on someone with a small budget. I'm running a business not a charity"

    The minute I told him I didn't want to do his ridiculous $1400 exhaust system, his entire attitude changed and started to treat me like shit.

    These guys are lying, cheating robbers that can't handle a little challenge. He will tell you your cars a wreck and back out of every little task you ask him to do. I have never felt more cheated and lied to from any mechanic I've ever delt with.

    I found a mechanic that has done 3 times more work for a fraction of the cost (exhaust, brakes and electric fan and HIDs). He isn't even a BMW guy but wired my car up to make her run! Now I have money for paint and body!!!

    DO NOT GO TO CASTROS. Email me for more info on my mechanic here in OC Cali. He will give u an honest quote and tell what he can and can't do for you up front.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LJ851; 10-01-2015, 06:17 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • rcsoundn1
    replied
    More details, and what is the point of hiding the info of a "better" mechanic. Im not on either side since I am no where near Cali, but we need the full story.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Burns
    replied
    well I know what I'm doing today...

    Leave a comment:


  • King Mufasa
    replied
    I don't get the "after 1k later he lied to you" how so? And $1k for what?? Also why did they want to rush you out? Are they a busy shop and you couldnt pay? I don't understand it seems like things are left out.

    What is 75 percent needed to be complete on your car?

    Leave a comment:


  • Songj91
    started a topic Do not take your car to castros!

    Do not take your car to castros!

    I'm sure you have all heard about Castros in La. Castro himself is a sneaky, lying cheating bastard. Took my car there at the beginning of this year with my e30 s52 75% done. He claims to have started the car but "couldn't test it" because electric fan was not installed ( which he was trying to get me to have him do for a ridiculous price). When I had my new mechanic try to start it after castros wired it and re did the starter, it wouldn't start. When I emailed Castro nicely about it he started to point the finger saying "you bought a used starter from me so....". He then proceeds to say that he started it with a starter switch instead of doing the correct wiring to get the key to turn her over. $1000+ later at his shitty little shop, he lied to me and rushed me out, threatening to charge $75 a day if I didn't tow it back. His labor is unbelievably expensive and if you don't have THOUSANDS to shovel out, he will rush u out of his tiny ghetto shop and not care about your car.

    He even said and I quote "why waste my time on someone with a small budget. I'm running a business not a charity"

    The minute I told him I didn't want to do his ridiculous $1400 exhaust system, his entire attitude changed and started to treat me like shit.

    These guys are lying, cheating robbers that can't handle a little challenge. He will tell you your cars a wreck and back out of every little task you ask him to do. I have never felt more cheated and lied to from any mechanic I've ever delt with.

    I found a mechanic that has done 3 times more work for a fraction of the cost (exhaust, brakes and electric fan and HIDs). He isn't even a BMW guy but wired my car up to make her run! Now I have money for paint and body!!!

    DO NOT GO TO CASTROS. Email me for more info on my mechanic here in OC Cali. He will give u an honest quote and tell what he can and can't do for you up front.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Working...