X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RobertK

bought an ECU off me in my ECU group buy, great guy

RobertK = GOOD Deal!

I bought an "is" front spoiler from RobertK. Great transaction! He provided detailed photos on request. Shipped within 24 hrs. Package arrived well protected and as expected.

Comment

Bought a set of coils, great guy, will buy again.
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Got a knuckle swap from him. Wouldn't think twice about getting more stuff from him in the future.
        Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

Comment

RobertK

The item I purchased (on 08/19/2008 ) and original description by Robert:

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
          E30 Engine Wire Harness 1987 325is (100% Complete)
          My initial question prior to purchase:
          Originally posted by Ray McCooney
          Hello Robert and good morning/afternoon to you,

I just might be interested in purchasing the 87' engine wiring harness that you listed in your thread. You stated that it was 100% intact, would I then be correct in assuming that it is free of any kind of abnormalities such as spliced connections, frayed wires, etc? Will any of the sensors/relays be attached and included with the harness (CPS, Main relay, etc.)?
          Robert's response:
          Originally posted by RobertK
          Everything is in fact 100% intact though none of the sensors are attached. Also the relays have been removed but I can include them if needed I have bags of them.
          Me:
          Thanks for the quick response. Assuming everything is the way you say it is, I see no reason why I wouldn't want to purchase it, especially if all the connectors are in tact
          Robert:
          I am asking $75 shipped

The harness is the older style with the coolant level sensor on the passenger side.
          Me:
          Hello again Robert and thanks for the quick response. $75 shipped is more than doable in my book. If you don't mind I would prefer to circumvent the fund established to help raise money for your medical concerns and just transmit a donation directly to you. Let me know what your paypal address is as I'd like to send an even $90 total for the harness and for donation. Thanks again for your time and I extend my best wishes to you and your family.
          The harness that I received ( on 08/27/2008 ) from Robert (on the right):

My response to Robert after having opened the package (on 09/10/08 ) in front of two other individuals in my garage:
          Care to guess which harness is yours?

The harness on the left in the picture is one that I pulled from an '89 that I had previously parted, the frayed and cut harness on the right is the one you sent me. I was just about to perform my engine swap when I noticed this detail about your harness, I'm glad to took the time to once over all of my swap parts before I physically committed to my swap.

I mean no offense by this, but your M20 harness that was advertised as being "100% intact" falls short of this claim. I explicitly stated that I would buy the harness if it had all the connectors. Yours is missing the harness side connector for the oil pan level sensor. I am requesting a full refund for this as I have every intent of sending it back to you.
          Robert:
          That is a one wire connector that can be easily repaired and is prone to breaking. I can send you a replacement connector to splice onto it as it is simply a ground wire.

I assure you that harness was intact when I shipped it but you can search the forum and find that the oil pan pressure sensor wire tends to be fragile because of its location (I've replaced 2 personally on my cars) but I keep lots of misc connectors around for this reason.

A simple 2 second connector splice will fix that in seconds.
          My response:
          Unfortunately Robert your assessment and solution is not acceptable for me. It is the principle of the matter. You clearly advertised it as being 100% intact and I made it clear via PM that I would purchase it should all the connectors be there. Had I known I was purchasing a 95% complete harness that required my attention to fix/modify then I would have not purchased it in the first place. I'm sure your intentions were fine, but you obviously did not thoroughly look over the item prior to listing and shipping it. The picture was taken immediately after I removed the harness from the box you had shipped it in. I don't see how a connector could have mysteriously gone missing. I have yet to ever have an oil pressure sensor connector break or snap off below the connector somewhere along the wire on the harness side on any of the numerous M20 equipped E30's I have owned. Even the picture I provided directly contradicts this notion as I pulled that harness from an '89 parts car myself, in tact. The wire which should terminate in the oil pressure sensor connector on your harness clearly looks like it had been cut.

I am sending this back and I expect a full refund.
          Robert's response:
          You don't seem to understand what I'm saying. I did inspect it and it WAS 100%. The connector you are complaining about is pronce to breaking and it is a simple 1 wire connector that a 5 year old could splice back together.

Furthermore you waited 4 weeks to inspect this and THEN ask for a refund?

Sorry, that is not acceptable for me and not even Paypal will refund money. You have 2 choices.

1. I send you a connector to repair it with OR

2. You send it back I repair it and I ship it back to you.

Anything that has been held by a buyer this long is not acceptable for return. You should have inspected this when you originally received it and asked for the refund now.

Those are my terms otherwise you can waste your time with Paypal but you will lose.
          It is evident to me that Robert will not accept my request to refund my money upon return of the harness, hence why I have made this public. I have already made the appropriate steps through Paypal for a dispute. My case was turned down on a technicality highlighted in Paypal's User agreement that stipulates: "As stated in our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund." This decision was not rendered on the basis of a time concern, as Robert has exaggerated, as I had purchased the item less than a month ago and have only had it in my possession for 17 days. I did not open the package until Wednesday of this week as I have been in and out of town on business and did not have the opportunity previously.

I am a bit despondent over this transaction and question why a community member with a known good reputation would operate with a lack of accountability and almost a sense of impunity. In no way am I advocating that prospective buyers not deal with Robert, I am merely conveying my experience over one transaction. I will be sending this harness back to Robert the beginning of next week (presumably still without a refund for the item, not the donation), and will likely not proceed with a transaction with him again as it appears to me in this situation that the money is more important than his credibility with this buyer.

Comment

That'd be a pretty easy fix. Try buying something completely and utterly smashed/cracked to bits, and that damage being years old, and getting told shipping did it, get bent. Been there done that. I'm MUCH more detailed in what I'm getting etc. I've been burned on this board selling things too. ALL items will have a tracking number that I sell from now on. You buy and sell enough you'll end up with bad transactions.
            sigpic

88 325is

Comment

Well...
              I just read through all of this and I'm figuring that you don't even know how your style of communication comes off with people.

As to that harness...

I wonder if you would prefer to buy a new harness? I happen to have one (NOS).

I'll make you a really special deal on it same as I paid for it in about 1992...

$533... and I'll toss in the shipping....Wait...No...Nevermind.

Go get some therapy first...then maybe we'll talk.

(I'm sure that I'm going to regret this post but fuck it...Someone had to say it)

Comment

95% intact? Wow thats more like 99.5% intact. One small connector that you can easily do yourself...he even said he'd fix it. I had to do the same thing with mine (repair it). Sorry man but thats some petty shit. You should buy new if you want the utmost perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
                  Well...
                  I just read through all of this and I'm figuring that you don't even know how your style of communication comes off with people.

As to that harness...

I wonder if you would prefer to buy a new harness? I happen to have one (NOS).

I'll make you a really special deal on it same as I paid for it in about 1992...

$533... and I'll toss in the shipping....Wait...No...Nevermind.

Go get some therapy first...then maybe we'll talk.

(I'm sure that I'm going to regret this post but fuck it...Someone had to say it)
                  I don't tailor my mode of speech for the "digestibility" of others.

How bout we both talk in therapy?

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
                    95% intact? Wow thats more like 99.5% intact. One small connector that you can easily do yourself...he even said he'd fix it. I had to do the same thing with mine (repair it). Sorry man but thats some petty shit. You should buy new if you want the utmost perfection.
                    Don't quite see how my dispute is petty, I'm only asking that the item be shipped as described/purchased. I could fix it myself with connectors that I personally have, but what would be the point of that as I had purchased it under the pretense that it was 100% complete. It's also odd that the connector is present on two other harnesses that I personally own, yet they are not new. Thanks for your insight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray McCooney View Post
                      I don't tailor my mode of speech for the "digestibility" of others.

How bout we both talk in therapy?
                      As to therapy...I'm beyond help, MA in Psychology and I still don't know what's wrong with me.

I should clarify it's not just the style of speech it's the implications of the personality disorder behind the message

However... If you can, may I suggest that you put your self (imagine your self) in the other involved party's shoes...Do you see it?

If no... Therapy may not help you either.

Could be a long bumpy road.

Please don't be offended by what I'm telling you... I mean this in the most kind and loving way a mental defective like my self is capable of communicating.

Comment

To me ,as a general rule of thumb, you gotta cut a little slack for the fact that things are usually pretty old, and have to be shipped.

Comment

As to therapy...I'm beyond help, MA in Psychology and I still don't know what's wrong with me.

I should clarify it's not just the style of speech it's the implications of the personality disorder behind the message

However... If you can, may I suggest that you put your self (imagine your self) in the other involved party's shoes...Do you see it?

Please don't be offended by what I'm telling you... I mean this in the most kind and loving way a mental defective like my self is capable of communicating.
                          No sir, I take no offense in your personal "assessment", as it is one man's opinion over the internet (much in the same way that anything I say is too). I do take issue with what seems to be a lack of willingness to place yourself into the position of a buyer, such as myself, who did not receive an item as described (no matter how much you or others would like to diminish this fact). Not everyone is willing to accept post-fact standards or solutions that you will or might. That is all I'm trying to convey.

Comment

you know, i wanted to say something along these lines but man cheers to you bringing this up. i was wondering the same thing when i read it.

IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen027 View Post
                              To me ,as a general rule of thumb, you gotta cut a little slack for the fact that things are usually pretty old, and have to be shipped.
                              I do agree with you on this sentiment. Had the connector actually been in the box with the rest of the harness and had met it's end or "shelf life" and fell off or snapped off while in the box I wouldn't have even made an issue of it. This item was clearly shipped without it.

Comment

Working...
                              X