No announcement yet.

KO Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After my glowing review of them a couple of months ago, I have now joined the ranks of all the others here who have received very poor customer service. I placed an online order with KO on June 4th for a few parts...I waited a week or so and gave them a call. They said I would have the parts the next week. Next week came, no parts-so I called again. This time, the parts would be shipped out that day and I would receive a call back confirming this-no one ever called and days later no parts.

So yesterday I called again-guy confirms my order was sent to the shipper, but for some reason the shipper never sent it out. He put me on hold and talked to the shipper-came back and said they would go out today and he would send me an e-mail or call me back with a tracking number. Yep, you guessed it-no e-mail or phone call.

This will be my last order with KO Performance...they have nice people and great prices, and I have had a couple of good experiences with them-but waiting a month for three readily available parts is just not acceptable.
    Eric Giles
    '20 M2 CS
    '04 M3
    '11 X5 35D
    '87 325is
    '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Hey Guys,

I usually refrain from posting here as I believe it's up to the members to build this thread, but it also seems where most of our current customers are at. Since I have no way to match your usernames to our records, perhaps this is the best way to mass-reach you guys.

I just arrived back in the office today since I left in May, and I see a lot of guys here who posted in June that are very dissapointed with our service. I won't discredit you, but I want to say that we are working to make it right as quickly as we can.

If someone has a pending matter that I have not addressed yet since today (07/07) then I will be happy to look into it if you contact us again. I know people were complaining about phones, but now we're at 4 people at the sales office and 3 phones.... soon getting the 4th phone to better serve you guys.

I apologize for the inconveniences you guys are experiences. You can let it all out (you have every right to), but it will help me get you guys taken care of faster if I can get the contact from you guys as I am trying to set up a list of all the r3v guys that still have a pending matter with us.

Thanks,
      Erick

PS: Please refrain from PMing me on my own username account as I try to separate work from my own PMs.
      KO Performance
      www.koperformance.com
      email - sales@koperformance.com
      miami office - 786-264-1684

Genuine BMW parts - Best Price Guarantee to your door!

sigpic

4 quickest response 2 questions, email us, or post in our threads, as opposed 2 using PMs.
      Originally posted by Restoman
      SOB why does KO have to have such good deals.

Comment

FWIW, I've had two flawless transactions with them.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Well on a good note, it seems like since erick has been back the customer service has come back. The last 3 times I called I got a person and the last 2 times they were actually in a good mood. On a negative note, when I called today they told me they just e-mailed the accounting dept and are waiting for a reply, this is the third time now. Yes, I still have not recieved a refund. I will keep you updated....

Comment

Originally posted by kenika65 View Post
            Just finally received my order and everything is here but I am disappointed because I was under the influence that I would be getting oem BMW parts but I guess I was wrong Now I know why it was so CHEAP.
            so your parts aren't bmw oem? that is disappointing. i should have just gone to autozone then if it wasn't going to be bmw oem.

well add me to the list of waiting customers. i ordered on 6/17 placing two orders since i forgot stuff in my first order. talked to rick before i ordered to make sure everything was ok, then i called to talk to rick twice both times he promised they were just at the warehouse waiting to be shipped. he even took my number and told me he was going to contact me. yup you guessed it never heard back. i do have to say he was a very nice guy and very informative but nice and informative can only go so far. its still unacceptable for the long wait.

i do have to say i was able to communicate with erick about my order and he seems to be on the ball with trying to fix it, so i am going to reserve my review until after the transaction is completed, however, the process so far has been very very disappointing to say the least. in my opinion my time is not worth the savings. until ko performance straightens out their shipping problems then i will take my business elsewhere.

i do appreciate erick for stepping up and trying to make it right and i understand it is hard for him after being out of the office since may. so i will give erick the opportunity to make it right. lets hope i get my parts soon. come on koperformance my e30 needs those parts.

Comment

Originally posted by kenika65 View Post
              Just finally received my order and everything is here but I am disappointed because I was under the influence that I would be getting oem BMW parts but I guess I was wrong Now I know why it was so CHEAP.
              I'm surprised I overlooked this. Thank you to johnwoo for quoting him.

In regards to what you just said, if you received parts that are NOT oem is because you ordered parts that are NOT oem. If you received parts other than what you ordered, then you can go ahead and call us and we will have it exchanged.

We offer many parts in our inventory. Some have options of choosing between OE, OEM or Genuine BMW. Some only carry two of those, some only one. Sometimes it's only Genuine, or only OEM, or only OE.

Now at any point did we EVER tell ANY customer that they would be getting something and sending out another. Ever now and so often, we have been guilty (no one's perfect) of sending the wrong part out. It's true, it's happened now and then. If the fault is on our side, then we always exchanged it. Perhaps even some guys here can vouch on this one because I know I've done it in a few cases.

If anyone is ever dissatisfied with what they have received, they can take it up with any of us at the office and we have always done our best to make sure that the customer ends up satisfied in the end.

We are guilty of quite a few things, things that we are working hard to catch up with. But exchanging parts for others of lower value is simply untrue. Other companies do that for price-matching. We don't.

- Erick
              (& I speak for the whole KO Team on this one)
              Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
              EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
              FullOpp Stickers for sale!
              NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
              Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
              ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

In regards to the person complaining about not receiving 'OEM BMW' parts...if you have ever ordered from any other online parts site, what you are getting from KO is exactly what you would be getting from the other places-parts that are generally made by the original supplier to BMW, and in some cases they aren't. But as Erick mentioned, KO clearly states who makes each part beforehand, and unlike other parts places, in some cases gives you the option of ordering the actual BMW branded part from them. Not trying to be a KO buttkisser, but there shouldn't have been any suprises in what you received as what you are ordering is clearly shown beforehand.

On another note-the parts that I ordered a month ago did arrive yesterday. Erick called me and made sure that I received the parts, and it is obvious from talking with him that he is doing all he can to rectify the recent issues that have taken place. In spite of what I said earlier, I am going to give them a couple of more orders soon and hopefully they will turn out as well as the first few orders I placed with them.
                Eric Giles
                '20 M2 CS
                '04 M3
                '11 X5 35D
                '87 325is
                '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Well, looks like I should have read this thread before placing my order. I'm still waiting on some bilsteins shocks and hr springs, order placed may 31. After placing the order I never heard anything back and tried contacting KO on June 14th. I did not receive a reply so I emailed again on June 19th. On June 20th I was told
                  "
                  For some reason your order never showed on the system
                  I will try and find this transaction and ship asap
                  Thank You
                  "

On June 28th I emailed back asking if my order had shipped and received no response. I tried again on July 1st, getting this email in return.
                  "
                  We have to redo the entire order. For some reason in never showed up
                  The accounting dept sent us the transaction # and verified payment. we will process and ship asap
                  "

Which seems to be very similar to the response 12 days prior. I have sent two emails since then, and just left a voice mail today. I am very disappointed with the customer service of KO performance, after over month of waiting I can't even get a hold of anyone. No offer for faster shipping, or even a verification that the order has shipped. I would not recommend this business to anyone. If you can't handle orders then stop taking them.

Comment

overall it looks like this isnt the place to shop is it

Comment

Hi Erick (KO Team),

I placed an order on 6/20 and my cc was billed the full amount. That was three weeks ago and still no parts.

I called 2 weeks ago on 6/27 and spoke with Rick about the status of my order, Rick promised order will ship by 7/2. Since I did not receive an e-mail with confirmation of shipment I decided to call again on 7/3 and was told that the warehouse in CA was backed up and my order will be FedEx on 7/7.

Still no notification of shipment so I tried contacting KO by phone and e-mail. I have called every day this week and left messages each time, I have also e-mailed KO sales@koperformance.com several times and no response to any of my inquiries.

This is an irresponsible way to run a business. I order parts to do preventive maintenance prior to our vacation and here is the last weekend that I will have time to replace the parts and no parts thanks to KO lousy service.

I am placing this here to warn others about KO and hopefully get another status lie about my order.

Next time place your orders with BavAuto, prompt shipment, same brand parts, and will price match.

- Oscar (KO unsatisfied customer)

Comment

Well, it seems like you and Rick have already resolved your order, unless you'd like me to look into your order and actually get it shipped.

- Erick
                        KO Performance
                        www.koperformance.com

sigpic

4 quickest response 2 questions, email us, or post in our threads, as opposed 2 using PMs.

Comment

Finally I get a response from KO Performance. Rick e-mails back telling that he does not see an invoice under my name and to provide invoice number. I replied with original order confirmation e-mail. To my surprise I get this reply:

"THis order was deleted outof the system. I do not know why. I have to reprint form our hard copies. In order to process. This happened when the order was transfered to the warehouse for processing. i will find the order andsend out."

To which I replied: That is totally unacceptable. A total waste of my time. Just refund my credit card.

Comment

Erick,

That is your kind of solution. How long are you guys going to stay in business with that attitude?

Comment

Oscar,

You spoke to Rick regarding your order. All I caught was one of the most recent e-mails while I was helping another r3v member with their order. This was just brought to my attention now as I saw your first post from today. I am willing to help, but if you made up your mind already on a refund, then I am not going to beat my head against the wall.

The bottom line is, would you like your order? Yes or no? If you do, then I can see what's going on and try to get it out. Otherwise you'll get your refund as you requested.

- Erick
                              KO Performance
                              www.koperformance.com

sigpic

Comment

Erick,

Waited too long already, 3 weeks have already passed since order was placed and paid. I just limit my loss and take the refund.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X