No announcement yet.

gregslow318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I want is the differential in price on the parts that were supposed to come with the swap and the parts I received. Adapter, diff. and chip. The cost of the parts you sold off of my car is "compensation" since you feel I the 4 door I traded for your "expertise" is too rough for you to make $2,500 off of even though your labor was only agreed at $1,300. HRMM.

Would love to hear from you some time this century.
    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Wow, home based backyard engine swap @$90.00/hr. @ 14.4hr. labor. Or, backyard engine swap @ $45.00/hr. @ 28.8hr labor.

Either way, it's not flying, there is no way I'd pay some backyard hack $90.00/hr. for anything, nor would I trust the work of some guy that takes 28.8hr's to swap an engine/trans.

Comment

Originally posted by gregslow318i View Post
        I will respond in do time with my side.
        but one side note to chirs this is your opportunity to be upfront and step up and take any responsibly for actions that you took that put you in this position.
        Like what, overpay you to do shabby work and sell him a junkyard motor for double what it was worth?

Sorry is the best word I can think of. Bundles of wires under the intake with no protection except a split harness cover with some wire ties? That mess of bullshit under the intake manifold? Worn out hoses, used engine mounts?

You shitty hack of a check engine light? Is that how your adapters work?

Lame ass worn out VANOS, KNOWN shitty valve retainers? Greg, that motor was a pile of shit you foisted off on Chris for OVER $5000...you raped him.

Did you even pay your brother for that motor, or was it pure profit? You sure didn't spend any money on parts...not even $10 for a new fuel filter.

It is one thing to hack a motor in your own car, but to charge OVER $5000 for a swap and use used hoses and belts is pure bullshit. You didn't even attempt to make the A/C work...don't give us some bullshit about the cost...you charged him OVER $5000, remember?

In my book you are a fucking pirate, a greedy scum, and I am done being quiet about it.

Give Chris $1000 and the title to that car and I think you two are even, otherwise you are a fucking thief in my book. Oh, BTW: I do not give a fuck what you think.

Originally posted by gregslow318i View Post
        I also take great offence to this as many people know me and more over know I am not even capable of this.
        Right there I call bullshit. You left a customer who paid you WAY more than top dollar hanging when your shitty install didn't even last 3 months...would not even bother to come down and diagnose.

That VANOS unit alone shows your ethics, Greg. The fact that you did not do anything at all about Chris being broken down tells us "what you are capable of".

Your self-righteous attitude through all of this tells me you KNOW you are in the wrong but don't have the balls to step up and admit your mistake, as it would expose your greed to the rest of R3V.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Note to self - Stay away from Greg when needing parts for my soon to be E30

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post

Seeing replies like this, I'd think he would try to solve this issue quick to prevent his image from being tarnished, and with stuff like this going on, he only has so long before it's too late and the reputation is stuck like glue.

Comment

Disagree. You guys can dispute greg's swap all you want, but if you need parts there is no reason not to get them from greg. He usually has what you need at a reasonable cost.

If you are in the area and are considering greg I'd recommend that you talk to him yourself, ask for a variety of customer feedback and go from there.
              Originally posted by z31maniac
              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                Seeing replies like this, I'd think he would try to solve this issue quick to prevent his image from being tarnished, and with stuff like this going on, he only has so long before it's too late and the reputation is stuck like glue.
                He has talked with Chris about the issue quite a bit and nothing productive can come from posting in here since on a forum it just reads as a he said she said kind of deal.

Greg has been very helpful for me so I'm sharing my perspective, I know everyone can have a different experience.
                I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Weird post. Edited.
                  Last edited by ck_taft325is; 04-03-2011, 12:55 PM.
                  Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Well its the same issue as buying from Walmart.

Walmart's products are mostly fine, they do the job. They are cheap.

But it is how they treat their customer's and conduct business.

Comment

Well its the same issue as buying from Walmart.

Walmart's products are mostly fine, they do the job. They are cheap.

But it is how they treat their customer's and conduct business.
                      Deal with him yourself then and see how you feel. He's done business with countless people in the past...
                      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                        Disagree. You guys can dispute greg's swap all you want, but if you need parts there is no reason not to get them from greg. He usually has what you need at a reasonable cost.

If you are in the area and are considering greg I'd recommend that you talk to him yourself, ask for a variety of customer feedback and go from there.
                        I'd agree with this last bit to be honest. Greg's PARTS are usually 100% fantastic. There's usually nothing wrong in the slightest and he takes care to make sure they are copesetic. This is one of the major reasons I had Greg do my swap beyond the time constraints and lack of space I personally had at that point (~4.5 months ago). But, this has little to do with his general attitude and responses I've gotten since the swap went sideways. His misrepresentation was gross at best and over all sad to see considering.

His attitude in respect to that has been very poor to say the least. The last correspondence I had with Greg was him telling me I owe him $250. Seriously? All things considered and as I've said in the past, had he said "Pick up your parts on such and such date..." I wouldn't have mentioned anything about the condition of the motor to the general r3v populace. I have no ill intent but Greg seems to at this point. There's no working to resolve the issue on his end. Luke thinks what he posted would be fair. All I'd want is the cost differential in what I paid for and what I received in regards to the adapter, chip, differential and perhaps, maybe, some compensation for the misrepresentation of the motor in the first place. Hell, a better attitude would have avoided nearly all of this. Leaving me hanging on his swap and his work and his name all over the install is very, very sad.

I cannot, in good conscience recommend Greg to do motor swaps or work. The very fact that he seems to charge more than shop wages for working out of his parent's house is a bit absurd not to mention the numerous issues I've run into with his actual work.
                        Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                          He has talked with Chris about the issue quite a bit and nothing productive can come from posting in here since on a forum it just reads as a he said she said kind of deal.

Greg has been very helpful for me so I'm sharing my perspective, I know everyone can have a different experience.

Actually, he hasn't talked to be quite a bit. We had great communication before the swap was paid for. When I picked the car up he said he just wanted out of his shop before something broke. Confidence inspiring, 'eh? I understand you're friends with Greg and appreciate it. But, he needs to speak for himself sometime.
                          Need a part? PM me.

Comment

The point of a community like this is to share experiences both good and bad. Screwing Chris for a heap of money for a junkyard motor is bad...really bad.

Paolo, you had great luck buying parts form Greg, as many others have. Anderson can't say shit, as he hasn't heard that motor yet. Others can, but LOTS of local guys have gotten screwed by Greg.

We all know parts is parts, right? It isn't like Greg "did" anything, he just took money for a part, that is all.

When his "adapter" didn't work in Blunts car, he basically said "sorry about your shitty luck" and blew him off. No help at all, ZERO. How shitty is that?

No matter who or what has happened in the past, I say Greg is an outright thief. His way of conducting business is an absolute travesty. Buying a used head or whatever from him is one thing, but you would need to be a complete retard to have him work on your car in my opinion.

How the fuck this hack seems to think Chris owes him MORE money is just beyond imagining.

What the fuck is going on in that head of yours, Greg?

Closing SOON!
                            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                              The very fact that he seems to charge more than shop wages for working out of his parent's house is a bit absurd not to mention the numerous issues I've run into with his actual work.
                              Yeah, paying $90/hr., you would expect a 12,000mi/12mo warranty, and some liability insurance on the labor suppliers end.

No mechanic/technician makes $90/120 bucks an hour, they make ~$18-28, and the rest is overhead for the shop, insurance, lift's, tool cost's, consumables, etc. The labor costs alone for this job, not counting any of the other issues is quite exorbitant, and bordering on ridiculous. It's too bad you can't call the BBB on this guy, you are stuck with only the ability to vent on a forum, because this guy is flying by night, and taking people for a ride.

Just MHO.

Comment

I stand by my statement. I will boycott Greg, the evidence points to his poor business conduct, and I personally do want to support that.

Comment

Working...
                                X