gregslow318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
    Yeah, paying $90/hr., you would expect a 12,000mi/12mo warranty, and some liability insurance on the labor suppliers end.

No mechanic/technician makes $90/120 bucks an hour, they make ~$18-28, and the rest is overhead for the shop, insurance, lift's, tool cost's, consumables, etc. The labor costs alone for this job, not counting any of the other issues is quite exorbitant, and bordering on ridiculous. It's too bad you can't call the BBB on this guy, you are stuck with only the ability to vent on a forum, because this guy is flying by night, and taking people for a ride.

Just MHO.
    There were other parts in the deal besides just a swap. I don't know the exact numbers so you may be close on your hourly wage, but I think its pretty inflated...
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Actually, Greg has a business license, but as far as I know, no liability or shopkeepers insurance.

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
        Actually, Greg has a business license, but as far as I know, no liability or shopkeepers insurance.

Well, I would be calling the BBB then. They will mediate the issue between both parties.

Comment

Furthermore, I would write a letter to the ASE, and inspect the laws in your state, listed here...

Under the law, the following specific
          actions are unfair, misleading
          or unlawful:
          • False, deceptive or misleading advertising.
          • Misstating the estimated price for a specific
          repair (“low balling”).
          Keeping a customer’s payment for parts not
          delivered or installed or for repairs
          not performed.

• Using a customer’s vehicle for purposes not
          related to repair or diagnosis without their
          permission.
          • Keeping payments from the customer and the
          warranty provider for the same covered part
          or labor.
          Failing to post required notice of rights sign.
          Failing to materially comply with the written
          estimate law.

Failing to retain invoices and/or estimates for
          one year.

• Failing to give a customer a copy of any
          document they signed upon request.
          • Charging the customer for “unnecessary”
          repairs. For purposes of the law, “unnecessary
          repairs” means those where the repair shop
          represented the repair as needed (as opposed to
          merely recommended) but for which there is no
          reasonable basis for performing the service.
          I can go deeper into the law if you'd like, but I assume this will suffice.

This whole ball of wax got a lot bigger when I found out he has a Business License, and is doing this stuff, I thought it was just some kid dicking around at home, but he is trying to play like the big boys, so he has to follow their rules, not some rules of social systems in a forum setting, but the court of law.

EDIT: More WA state info... http://www.atg.wa.gov/ConsumerIssues...utoRepair.aspx

Comment

from my experiences with greg the motor he sold me ran solid. he swapped it in and everything and it ran great. I dont think hes a bad guy, but to each his own. I dont think his rep should be fucked from this one swap. I dont know who else this has happened to, but from other people ive talked to they didnt have a problem with him. He was really helpful when something went wrong with my car and no not the motor. little things like the heater blower and what not, he always answered my questions and was usually right about it. he would give me advice on what to get and what not to get.
            Originally posted by blunttech
            r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Originally posted by Killacortes View Post
              from my experiences with greg the motor he sold me ran solid. he swapped it in and everything and it ran great. I dont think hes a bad guy, but to each his own. I dont think his rep should be fucked from this one swap. I dont know who else this has happened to, but from other people ive talked to they didnt have a problem with him. He was really helpful when something went wrong with my car and no not the motor. little things like the heater blower and what not, he always answered my questions and was usually right about it. he would give me advice on what to get and what not to get.
              I know Greg has treated many people right, but he sure fucked Chris and refuses to man up about it.

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Here, I'm digging into my car a bit trying to get it running, AGAIN... here's what I found in the fucking harness:

This is his wiring. These are open wires just hanging out. One of them is a used connection that has a VERY OBVIOUS SPLIT/CUT in it.
                Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

You see that big piece of crap hanging out of the harness? That's my CEL. Yeah.
                  Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

That blob of electrical tape?

Comment

That blob of electrical tape?
                      Bingo.
                      Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Is there an LED or a flashlight bulb attached to it, like an underhood CEL, or does it go to the cluster?

Comment

yea mine didnt look like that it was pretty clean.
                          Originally posted by blunttech
                          r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Is there an LED or a flashlight bulb attached to it, like an underhood CEL, or does it go to the cluster?
                            Underhood. Not to the cluster.
                            Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                              Underhood. Not to the cluster.

That is 100% fucking bullshit. I was making a joke. I had no idea it really was, I was just saying what the most ghetto thing I could EVER think of was.

Comment

Originally posted by Killacortes View Post
                                yea mine didnt look like that it was pretty clean.
                                For the record, while that looks clean at first glance it's actually not. There's a bunch of things not in their proper place. Hell, there's things that SHOULD be places and they are not. Take your harness to fuse panel adapter area. It's not supposed to be hanging there. At all. It's even got a God damn bracket. Why the hell isn't that put in?

Did he wire in a CEL to the cluster? Or was it chilling in your harness?

For over $5,000 I think wiring the fucking CEL into the cluster is a must.
                                Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Working...
                                X