Funkmasta (Joe Funk) aka Autobahn Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brantleyr View Post
    Finally I was able to contact him (almost a month later?) but was scared I would not actually receive the item from other transactions I had seen from him. I told him I did not intend to purchase it and wanted my deposit back.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Originally posted by brantleyr View Post
      I backed out of the sale because I lost contact with him for several weeks.
      You also said that you will give him the rest of the money in several weeks as well.

napabavarian Quote:
      Originally Posted by RedHoodRidah
      My friend is Lars_From_Mars!

Oh, so you were teh bhaned?

Hellz n0o
      92 Granite Silver Vert
      M60B40 5spd

Comment

No i said I was going to, but that was before I lost contact with him for several weeks, would you send someone 500 dollars after you have trouble contacting them for several weeks? I think not...

Also, why was this closed

?
        sigpic

Comment

I thought there was a whole entire thread of fallen through transactions with those guys...

Cutting communication after accepting deposit is a good reason to terminate a transaction.

Comment

Originally posted by E30Idea View Post
            ...Always 2 sides to a story. It will be interesting to see what Joe says. Has always been a standup guy for my purchases.
            + muthafuckinone
            -Andy

Comment

im also having a hard time with joe. he does seem to be an honest guy, but dealing with him is extremely slow! its been almost 2 months that i purchased a diff from him, and im still waiting for a tracking number!
              90 E30 325i

Comment

For those of you that live within driving distance of him. It is best to just go to his shop to get your parts. And for those of you who don't, just be patient. Joe is a good guy, he just gets busy.
                PNW CREW

1990 325is
                Scorpion exhaust
                K&N intake with signature motoring heat shield
                H&R race with bilstien sports
                D-Force wheels/Hankook Ventus RS-2's

Comment

Joe is a very reputable seller. He is also very busy because he is dealing with tons of people at the same time, but he will follow through. Sometimes it takes longer cause he is either working alone or with a super small staff (why you can get such cheap parts). I have seen Joe do extra things to help guys out time after time. Most guys wouldn't take a deposit and allow payments....apparently Joe did. If you want the part, pay for the rest of it. I promise he will follow through.
                  sigpic

Comment

^ Yup. Two A+ transactions with Joe. I received a part from him that was bad. We got on the phone, he went out of his way to send me a good one, (pulled off of his own running car) before he received the bad one, for my inconveniance. Good seller.

Like others said.. You put a deposit on something, you dont get your money back. This is common knowledge. I personally dont think I would have the balls to ask for my money back, after tying up a potential sale to someone else for so long.. It sounds like he was trying to do you a favor. Now he gets thrown under the bus. This is what happens when you're too nice.
                    -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                    2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

I NEVER worry about getting scammed when dealing with Joe/Autobahn Sport, NEVER!!!

I personally would go to him for ANY used part before looking for it anywhere else...

;)

Comment

A++++++++++++++++++

Buyer: ME

Seller: Autobahn Sport- Joe Funk

Item: MTECHII KIT

Transaction: A+++++++++++, well packed, Quick Fedex ground delivery. Items better than described.

I have purchased tons of e30 and e34 parts from Joe, and everytime the transactions were greeeeeaat!!. I believe Portland had a huge snow problem during that time that everyone had issues with Joe. If you are snowed in, your employees get sick, Fedex & UPS both say they cannot deliver on time... SHIT happens - your hands are tied. Joe has been a great person to deal with and comes thru everytime.

[QUOTE=brantleyr;1431545]
                        "Joe allowed me to put down a deposit on the airdam because I told him I would have the money in a few weeks."[QUOTE]

I dont know of any other BMW wrecking house that will take a deposit on a hard to find item and then wait for $$ in payments. I know that if when I sell something here, and you leave a depost then back out... your deposit is history.- That's the normal way of doing business.

Transaction feedback:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ight=karzrtoyz

Comment

If you would read my post more closely you may find out some very fine details. Im not trying to get my deposit back until he sells his piece, by updating his thread which he has not done yet. Im not holding him back from selling the piece any longer. And who here would honestly pay someone this kind of money after zero contact for several weeks. Im not saying he is not an honest seller, and Im done arguing. Simply my point.
                          sigpic

Comment

So you got your point across. This thread has done its job. Joe is a good seller, tried to do you a favor, dropped the ball on contacting you for a while, and you backed out on the sale.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think what this ultimately boils down to is one simple point. If you don't have the money to buy it, you cannot afford it...

Payment plans? Give me a break, nobody should even consider offering one to somebody, its called a damn credit card and if you are responsible it can be a very useful tool for situations like this.

Comment

Autobahn Sport

So far, I have heard nothing from Joe after sending my $150 for a set of U.S. Ellipsoids about a week ago. I HAD been talking to him about them on a daily basis and the day I send the money order was the day he stopped answering back. I have sent multiple PM's asking him for a confirmation of my order and STILL nothing. Please share your previous experiences with Joe from Autobahn Sports...
                                '91 Brilliantrot 318iS - Sold
                                '95 e34 s50 Touring - P/O
                                '87 Alpine White 325iS - Current

Comment

Working...
                                X