Funkmasta (Joe Funk) aka Autobahn Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe,

That's what I expected to hear honestly, and that's a good thing! Seeing as you have been pushing more parts lately than I had seen you do before, it appears that you are expanding, which for anyone with their own business it is a double edged sword.

I run my own business as well and understand the perils and pitfalls of attempting to get everything in order in a timely fashion. I'm glad to hear that you are expanding and that the economy isn't going to get the best of you.

Matt
    Last edited by mbonder; 02-19-2009, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the mess guys, Joe and I talked and everything got sorted out. All posts deleted.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Schneller 3er View Post
        Joe's a nice guy. I've had many dealings with him in the past, and nothing but positive transactions......however I always have to chase him down to get my parts. I know he's busy, which is understandable, but it shouldn't take someone multiple calls, and weeks of waiting to track down their parts.
        I've done a lot of business on this forum, and others. If people pay today, I usually get their stuff out the next day, or the day after...unless of course something pops up, then I let'em know.
        Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for my IX master cylinder, which I paid for, let's see 2 MONTHS AGO
        Joe I know you got my PM, and VM. Now if you could just send me my part, so I can finish up my brake set up.
        Thanks.
        Sorry Dan... it's on the way.
        Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
        That Guy.
        03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Always good service, answer all my question, and give the best prices. Never a problem with Joe. A+. Matt
          sigpic
          24v swapped

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmasta View Post
            Sorry Dan... it's on the way.
            Thanks Joe.
            If you come across a set of gray sport leather seats, please let me know.
            I'm looking for a set.
            Danny

88 ///M3 - Zinno street/shop queen
            88 ///M3 - Henna Track rat (Sold)
            98 ///M3 hellrot - Sold
            89 Porsche 944 - dd
            95 E34 525it/pick up - P/U Project
            90 325is - track rat

Comment

right there along with the rest of us dan (joe himself included)

Comment

Funkmasta (Autobahn Sport)

So I decided I wanted to purchase a BBS Front air dam from Joe at Autobahn Sport, atleast this is what he goes by and how I contacted him.

This was my thread scouting out the piece

and I finally found and was recommended to this and Joe.

Joe allowed me to put down a deposit on the airdam because I told him I would have the money in a few weeks. We had a payment plan sorted out. So I tried contacting him a week or two after the deposit because I had the money, still no contact, and a few weeks after that. Finally I was able to contact him (almost a month later?) but was scared I would not actually receive the item from other transactions I had seen from him. I told him I did not intend to purchase it and wanted my deposit back. He told me I could not in fact receive the deposit until he had sold the piece. I told him I was not aware of that, and he told me he would do his best to get the piece sold. I told him to update his end of year sale thread above and he has not yet even updated it. I am trying to help him sell the piece, but he has not replied to my phone calls, PMs and I believe he blocked me on his AIM list. I do not reccomend dealing with him. I am an honest individual and was going to make an honest purchase for what I felt to be a rare piece to complete my kit, but I am not going to fool around with people involving my money and my purchases.
                sigpic

Comment

If you put a deposit on something and you decide you don't want it anymore usually you lose your money.
                  92 Granite Silver Vert
                  M60B40 5spd

Comment

thats not my point.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RedHoodRidah View Post
                      If you put a deposit on something and you decide you don't want it anymore usually you lose your money.

Also sounds like you blew up his contact list and annoyed the shit out of him. Always 2 sides to a story. It will be interesting to see what Joe says. Has always been a standup guy for my purchases.
                      ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

Originally posted by brantleyr View Post
                        thats not my point.

That's kinda the way it works, he could have turned down other offers, even better offers, so you are kinda on his schedule now.

This place is like catholic school, 2/3 of the students smoke weed on a daily basis, but the faculty seems to convince the outside world that drugs are just in the other schools, the resident pot dealer thinks he's cool because he has the originality to call anyone he doesn't like a homosexual, and most of the little children follow him like sheep, then there's the few with brains, you hardly ever hear from them, perhaps don't even know they exist, but they get all the sh!t done.

Comment

Truth, Joe is a really good guy and I've never seen a problem with him not delivering parts. Hell, I owe him money for parts that he gave me before I paid.
                          I think he is doing more then he needs to do by even offering to refund you, after you backed out of the sale.
                          Personally I wouldn't refund you if you just had no good reasoning. Which you dont.
                          Just my 2 cents.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Originally posted by brantleyr View Post
                            thats not my point.
                            Explain..... Atleast the guy is even being kind enough to say that he is going to give you the money back at one point.
                            92 Granite Silver Vert
                            M60B40 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by RedHoodRidah
                              My friend is Lars_From_Mars!

Oh, so you were teh bhaned?

This place is like catholic school, 2/3 of the students smoke weed on a daily basis, but the faculty seems to convince the outside world that drugs are just in the other schools, the resident pot dealer thinks he's cool because he has the originality to call anyone he doesn't like a homosexual, and most of the little children follow him like sheep, then there's the few with brains, you hardly ever hear from them, perhaps don't even know they exist, but they get all the sh!t done.

Comment

I backed out of the sale because I lost contact with him for several weeks.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X